Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: South Dakota beat Wisconsin...

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
    I KNEW I didn't like you for some reason, just couldn't put my finger on it.
    That's the only reason?
    With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
      What is it you have succeeded at? I'm actually interested in knowing. Yep, you beat EWU; a pre-season #1 who is now 0-4. When was it that we beat NDSU and what were they ranked at what time of the year? Have the "yoteees" been to the playoffs yet? Oh right, your not eligible and your still playing D2, or are the NAIA schools. Enjoy Lindenwood (sp) this weekend. Yes you did beat a really bad MN team at the beginning of last year. You then went on to finish with another losing record. I'm really glad the Fast Eddies players play so hard for him. By the way I notice you have almost 600 posts on an SDSU fan site. I'm glad you care so little about SDSU athletics.
      Be careful on this one Jacksfan29. Lindenwood has a win over U of Northern Colorado. I know thats not too impressive but I believe a Lindenwood could pull a surprise again this Saturday. I willing to bet Mierkort and staff are busy studying the tape of that game. Thats the breaks of the transition period. You play a money game one week and then you have to use that money to pay a guarentee to a lesser classification such as Lindenwood.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
        Be careful on this one Jacksfan29. Lindenwood has a win over U of Northern Colorado. I know thats not too impressive but I believe a Lindenwood could pull a surprise again this Saturday. I willing to bet Mierkort and staff are busy studying the tape of that game. Thats the breaks of the transition period. You play a money game one week and then you have to use that money to pay a guarentee to a lesser classification such as Lindenwood.
        I would love to see Lindenwood take down USD. I just dont' think USD is UNC. I'm weary of the USD supporters, after two good wins (one is being diminished after each loss, see EWU) in two years telling us how "successful" they have been since moving up. I'm looking forward to seeing them in the MFVC, I think their fans are in for a serious surprise if they think they will come in and have the type of success we have had. Heck, NDSU have still not won more then 4 games in league play. Does anyone on our board think USD has a better program then NDSU?

Comment

Give YF a break. Afterall his beloved Coyotes have the dynastic all time winning rate of 0.498 and a winning rate over their biggest rival of 0.45. They are THE 605 TEAM.
          You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

And to think I cheer for you anytime you aren't playing the U.

Comment

Thank you for cheering for the Jacks. Though in my experience most Coyote fans have very little knowledge of FCS and so could not cheer for anyone other than SDSU, NDSU and UND. You sir seem the anomaly.
              You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
                I would love to see Lindenwood take down USD. I just dont' think USD is UNC. I'm weary of the USD supporters, after two good wins (one is being diminished after each loss, see EWU) in two years telling us how "successful" they have been since moving up. I'm looking forward to seeing them in the MFVC, I think their fans are in for a serious surprise if they think they will come in and have the type of success we have had. Heck, NDSU have still not won more then 4 games in league play. Does anyone on our board think USD has a better program then NDSU?
                First of all jf29, where has it been said by me that I think USD will come in and "rock" the MVC. I fully understand the challenges that will be posed by the league. Secondly, where has it been said that I think we are the equivalnet of NDSU? Or even SDSU? Nowhere, that's where. The only reason I blow the USD horn when I do is because of your argument to everything being.......we were first. I gave you that 3 years ago. So anytime USD has any success, you all down play it except for a few, and keep saying "we were first". Don't you ever get tired of saying foolish crap like that? How about this...........I will stand at the top of CAS, and with a megaphone, I will shout out to the top of my lungs, "YOU WERE FIRST". There ya go.

I have always wished you luck and best wishes in all your sports anytime you didn't play USD. And I guaranty you have far more fans that HATE USD then we have that HATE STATE. But as I was so many times reminded, this is your board, and board management won't slap your hand even if you take smack to a non smack thread. I get on this board because I want to know more about the Missouri Valley and the Summit. Many of you don't agree that the renewed rivalry is good, but I do. It certainly is debateable, but I think it's good for the state.

I don't get on here and make fun of your team, even in the smack section, because it isn't good for our state to not have good teams. I don't like it you have gotten beat 3 times already, or you lost your QB, or volleyball lost to (dare I say it...North dakota). I don't think USD is invincible. I do think for the first time since we have been in transition, we might beat you in football. I said MIGHT. I have complimented your success in football and womens basketball. I haven't laughed at your failures. I didn't come on this board and say I hope you lose to Indiana State, or anyone for that matter.

So JF29, wishing for USD to get beat by Lindenwood is your perrogative, but short sighted. I don't think it will happen, but it could. A simple trip down memory lane says a D-3 or NAIA school can beat a D-1 team in transition (didn't SDSU get beat by Wisconsin-something?). I don't think it will though. You all told me how being in transition was not fun from a scheduling point, and you were right. It wasn't. You have said how damn tough it is week in and week out to compete in the MVC, and I think it probably is. But the Great West is no cupcake this year. There are 4 really decent football teams in that league. Plus we play Illinois State in a couple of weeks, so it isn't like we are trying to dodge the competition.

Good luck against Indiana State. No smack.

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
                  Thank you for cheering for the Jacks. Though in my experience most Coyote fans have very little knowledge of FCS and so could not cheer for anyone other than SDSU, NDSU and UND. You sir seem the anomaly.
                  I am a college football fan, period. I do understand FCS football. Maybe some USD fans don't understand FCS in its entireity, but many do. I think it's fair to say we are learning as a group in transition. My guess is that when you started transition a few years ago, your fan base didn't fully get or understand FCS football either. I do get how tough it is, and the parity between FCS and average BCS is coming closer together.

Two games educated me quickly. 2 years ago when UNI beat us like 66-7, my eyes were opened. Then when we beat Minnesota last year, and they beat Iowa, it told me that the phrase "on any given day....." was so true. When the Jacks played Nebraska to a 17-7 game last year, that was a bigger upset than us beating Minnesota. I understand this. And our fan base is not as big as yours yet, and might never be. But an educated fan base, or a larger fan base doesn't guaranty you success on the field, court, wherever against the "other school". I have never once minimized your success. But I will also say USd has not shyed away from playing so called better teams. This year was no exception. Granted we have Lindenwood, Missouri S&T, NW Oklahoma State, but thats because of the very things you warned me about 3 years ago. Transition teams are tough to get home games. We also played EWU, and although they are 0-4, any knowledgable FCS fan would never have predicted that coming off a national championship and a lions share of their starters back. That game was scheduled in May of this year. So USD has not backed away from good teams.

Lastly, I would rather be beaten daily than cheer for NDSU. But that doesn't mean I don't respect them and what they have accomplished. Or what you have accomplished for that matter.

Comment

YF, I hear you but this is a smack thread. So with my bow to RO ...

tl/dr

Comment

Originally posted by prairiehaas View Post
                      yf, i hear you but this is a smack thread. So with my bow to ro ...

Tl/dr
                      understood

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                        First of all jf29, where has it been said by me that I think USD will come in and "rock" the MVC. I fully understand the challenges that will be posed by the league. Secondly, where has it been said that I think we are the equivalnet of NDSU? Or even SDSU? Nowhere, that's where. The only reason I blow the USD horn when I do is because of your argument to everything being.......we were first. I gave you that 3 years ago. So anytime USD has any success, you all down play it except for a few, and keep saying "we were first". Don't you ever get tired of saying foolish crap like that? How about this...........I will stand at the top of CAS, and with a megaphone, I will shout out to the top of my lungs, "YOU WERE FIRST". There ya go.

I have always wished you luck and best wishes in all your sports anytime you didn't play USD. And I guaranty you have far more fans that HATE USD then we have that HATE STATE. But as I was so many times reminded, this is your board, and board management won't slap your hand even if you take smack to a non smack thread. I get on this board because I want to know more about the Missouri Valley and the Summit. Many of you don't agree that the renewed rivalry is good, but I do. It certainly is debateable, but I think it's good for the state.

I don't get on here and make fun of your team, even in the smack section, because it isn't good for our state to not have good teams. I don't like it you have gotten beat 3 times already, or you lost your QB, or volleyball lost to (dare I say it...North dakota). I don't think USD is invincible. I do think for the first time since we have been in transition, we might beat you in football. I said MIGHT. I have complimented your success in football and womens basketball. I haven't laughed at your failures. I didn't come on this board and say I hope you lose to Indiana State, or anyone for that matter.

So JF29, wishing for USD to get beat by Lindenwood is your perrogative, but short sighted. I don't think it will happen, but it could. A simple trip down memory lane says a D-3 or NAIA school can beat a D-1 team in transition (didn't SDSU get beat by Wisconsin-something?). I don't think it will though. You all told me how being in transition was not fun from a scheduling point, and you were right. It wasn't. You have said how damn tough it is week in and week out to compete in the MVC, and I think it probably is. But the Great West is no cupcake this year. There are 4 really decent football teams in that league. Plus we play Illinois State in a couple of weeks, so it isn't like we are trying to dodge the competition.

Good luck against Indiana State. No smack.

Well duh, we HAVE MORE FANS!!
                        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
                          YF, I hear you but this is a smack thread. So with my bow to RO ...tl/dr
                          Lol thanks.
                          Originally posted by JackFan96
                          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                            I am a college football fan, period. I do understand FCS football. Maybe some USD fans don't understand FCS in its entireity, but many do. I think it's fair to say we are learning as a group in transition. My guess is that when you started transition a few years ago, your fan base didn't fully get or understand FCS football either. I do get how tough it is, and the parity between FCS and average BCS is coming closer together.

Two games educated me quickly. 2 years ago when UNI beat us like 66-7, my eyes were opened. Then when we beat Minnesota last year, and they beat Iowa, it told me that the phrase "on any given day....." was so true. When the Jacks played Nebraska to a 17-7 game last year, that was a bigger upset than us beating Minnesota. I understand this. And our fan base is not as big as yours yet, and might never be. But an educated fan base, or a larger fan base doesn't guaranty you success on the field, court, wherever against the "other school". I have never once minimized your success. But I will also say USd has not shyed away from playing so called better teams. This year was no exception. Granted we have Lindenwood, Missouri S&T, NW Oklahoma State, but thats because of the very things you warned me about 3 years ago. Transition teams are tough to get home games. We also played EWU, and although they are 0-4, any knowledgable FCS fan would never have predicted that coming off a national championship and a lions share of their starters back. That game was scheduled in May of this year. So USD has not backed away from good teams.

Lastly, I would rather be beaten daily than cheer for NDSU. But that doesn't mean I don't respect them and what they have accomplished. Or what you have accomplished for that matter.

This is a good post, YF

Comment

Working...
                            X