X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: South Dakota State at Youngstown State

Originally posted by slosho View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]313[/ATTACH]

Well... that took longer than expected. ( saw this on Facebook...)
    Seems like a waste of a good rope.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

• Re: USD "Keep it Classy" Campaign

Sure NDSU may be our big rival now, but USD will be as big or bigger once we play them. I have been looking forward to it since USD announced they were movin to D-1. As a 3rd student, I have many friends that go to USD, and in-state people have always thought USD was our rival. Every south dakoa kid dreams of reviving that rivalry that was there when they were younger. My fondest SDSU memory is when I was kid and I went to a SDSU-USD game in brookings and 2 or 3 frozen jackrabbits were thrown on the floor. I remember knowing at that instatnt that I wanted to be apart of the rivalry and there will bs one before I graduate. Personally I can't wait till bball season so we can beat them badly in men's and women's. USD will and always be our rival. Too much was when during the transition and too much history between them. I personally can't wait.
      "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
        Yeah, a flea-bitten troll in Coyote clothing. Obviously, you don't care at all about the "rivalry"! Your 596 post on here show it doean't mean a thing. Dude, we've all been to USD and Vermillion for games back in the day. We know why you want the hell out. It's okay.

I'm on record for being happy to fire the "rivalry" back up. Of course it's a rivalry. Anyone who says otherwise just makes no sense. Yes, I hope it is a kinder, gentler kind of a rivalry. But believe me, we are all looking forward to pounding the puppies again. It's something that's been missing in my life

I echo Jacks#1fan and his comment thanking the Coyote folks for the promotion of the game next year. Pretty smart marketing from the school that has the School of Business! Brilliant!

Anyway, you can continue on with your posts, the lurking, the troll-like behavior. I could give two shakes. USD actually reminds me of the little "cleaner" fish that hang around sharks. Always dependant on the "provider" for a meal. We hope you have enjoyed the trip through transition on our coattails. We paved the path for you. Did the work and made it through despite the efforts of the poor Coyote fans that couldn't stand the thought of losing their big rival. Time to swim in the waters alone now.

Come get your smackdown next fall! We will be here waiting for you like a shark in the shallows!

Kindly, screw the U!

SUPERBUNNY
        WOW......bad day SUPERDUDE? Flea bitten troll? Smacking on Vermillion? Lurking troll? I would assume you aren't coming to my tailgate?

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]313[/ATTACH]Well... that took longer than expected. ( saw this on Facebook...)
          Well, the Argus has a story on this with a quote from Bob Fitzpatrick, spokesman for USD Marketing. Something along the lines about the billboard trying to celebrate that the rivalry is back on, that it wasn't an attempt to be disrespectul or talk trash, etc. I laughed out loud at that. I assume he did too when he said it, because if he actually expects anyone to believe that putting that billboard up and choosing that location wasn't a shot across the bow or an attempt to talk trash, I'd question his ability to think clearly.
          Last edited by KUlawJack; 10-11-2011, 09:40 PM.
          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

This thread isn't funny.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
              This thread isn't funny.
              Agree. 100%

Comment

haha, personally i find the coyote kind of funny. although, im sure most people wont take it that way.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                  Agree. 100%
                  You're darn straight this isn't funny. There is a murderer on the loose! Is CSI Brookings (Special Animal Hate Crimes Unit) up to the task?

caruso.jpg
                  Attached Files
                  University of South Dakota:
                  Oldest university of the Dakotas; Home of S.D.'s only accredited law, medical and business schools; S.D.'s designated liberal arts institution; National scholars galore; Alma mater of 10 S.D. governors, 20 members of Congress, all sitting S.D. Supreme Ct. justices and 1/2 of all S.D. physicians; Warmer than Brookings; Where JackMD received his advanced degree!

Comment

Originally posted by yotemeal View Post
                    You're darn straight this isn't funny. There is a murderer on the loose! Is CSI Brookings (Special Animal Hate Crimes Unit) up to the task?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]315[/ATTACH]
                    So what is the possibility this was an inside job? Advertising and Media types: don't they say any publicity is good publicity?

What if you could attract attention (was waning) to an expensive billboard campaign and make your foe look bad all at the same time?

One last question. Who do you think has the most to benefit (real world) from the additional attention this stunt as attracted to this sign.

Sometimes the actual answers are not the obvious ones...

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                    “I think we did this as kind of a celebration of the fact that the rivalry is back on. There was no intention of being disrespectful or hateful, or trash talking or in any way trying to bring out a negative,” Fitzpatrick said Tuesday. “I would put this in the category of an ugly prank, which we hope is a random occurrence.”

This is the funniest quote I've read in a while, and the best part about it will be that some people will actually think it was sincere.

Yeah I think we should trow the challenge flag on this one. I call BS!
                    Last edited by slosho; 10-11-2011, 10:02 PM. Reason: Had to reply to the post below

Comment

“I think we did this as kind of a celebration of the fact that the rivalry is back on. There was no intention of being disrespectful or hateful, or trash talking or in any way trying to bring out a negative,” Fitzpatrick said Tuesday. “I would put this in the category of an ugly prank, which we hope is a random occurrence.”

This is the funniest quote I've read in a while, and the best part about it will be that some people will actually think it was sincere. I honestly have no problem with the billboard or the dead coyote, but someone has to be wearing some pretty thick blinders to believe the billboard was anything but a attempt to bait SDSU students to retaliate and that Mr. Fitzpatrick is anything but elated that it worked.
                      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                      - Steven Wright

Comment

“I think we did this as kind of a celebration of the fact that the rivalry is back on. There was no intention of being disrespectful or hateful, or trash talking or in any way trying to bring out a negative,” Fitzpatrick said Tuesday. “I would put this in the category of an ugly prank, which we hope is a random occurrence.” This is the funniest quote I've read in a while, and the best part about it will be that some people will actually think it was sincere. I honestly have no problem with the billboard or the dead coyote, but someone has to be wearing some pretty thick blinders to believe the billboard was anything but a attempt to bait SDSU students to retaliate and that Mr. Fitzpatrick is anything but elated that it worked.
                        Ding ding ding! We have a winner here folks!

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]313[/ATTACH]

Well... that took longer than expected. ( saw this on Facebook...)
                          I actually thought they'd make it to halloween.....well here we go....
                          With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

S.D.'s only liberal arts institution

That's a joke right there. Just let me know if you want to be buried in statistics refuting that bit of nonsense.

Comment

USD's Bob Fitzpatrick, director of marketing is typical USD administrator who talks out of both sides of his mouth.

From 10/11/11 Argus Leader:

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...ging-billboard

"I think we did this as kind of a celebration of the fact that the rivalry is back on. There was no intention of being disrespectful or hateful, or trash talking or in any way trying to bring out a negative," Fitzpatrick said Tuesday. "I would put this in the category of an ugly prank, which we hope is a random occurrence."

And what he said on 9/14/11 in the USD Volante:

http://www.volanteonline.com/news/bi...alry-1.2627151

Fitzpatrick said, so far, the billboard hasn't disappointed when it comes to the amount of reactions.

"There's a subculture here that that's what (people) are living for and everybody up and down the line is like, ‘This is going to be good' and it's turned out to be that way," Fitzpatrick said. "It's definitely getting noticed on Facebook and around the alumni circle. It received kudos from the governor's office and the state senate majority leader. I bet we can expect some blue spray paint on there before long."

He has been waiting for this and had his quote ready for the Argus since they put the billboard up. He is just sad that the sign wasn't vandalized.

Comment

if the cops didn't take it down who did. will that same yote end up on the board down by verminville soon (a little more frozen). I call on Gov Dugaard to call a special investigator in and find out just what the heck is going on here. Heads will roll my friends. this could be the biggest case of fraud perpetrated on the citizens of South Dakota. an attempt to defame the fine students and alumni of SDSU in the eyes of the free world by some suit at USD. or not.

Comment

Working...
                                X