USD "Keep it Classy" Campaign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USD "Keep it Classy" Campaign

Does SDSU have a BEAT USD count down in the football lockerroom for the game next year like usd has in theirs to beat SDSU? I may be wrong here but my guess is stig will talk about the schedule after the season or in spring ball, and focus will go to usd the week before they play. My guess is Coach Meerkat at USD talks about SDSU every game about how they can finally be relevent in the conversation of college sports for one week again when they play us.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

On it.

Comment

Originally posted by MaddogJack View Post
        My little brother helped me with a new "bath line" I'm thinking of marketing in the Brookings area. Any thoughts? Private message me if you want to place any orders. Should have them in our porta-potties in about 13 months!!! Go Jacks!!!
        Typical Jacks fan showing a lack of class and a fixation on all things Coyote. Get over us already.

Comment

Originally posted by HadleyCoyote View Post
          Typical Jacks fan showing a lack of class and a fixation on all things Coyote. Get over us already.
          sayeth the fan on the Jacks message board...

Comment

Originally posted by HoboJack View Post
            sayeth the fan on the Jacks message board...
            Well the SDSU smack sesction is really the only place online where USD fans can get together to talk USD...considering they dont have their own site to go too.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
              Well the SDSU smack sesction is really the only place online where USD fans can get together to talk USD...considering they dont have their own site to go too.
              Wrong. You're a liar. We do have a site. What a liar.If you said hardley anyone posts there, you wouldnt be a liar.

Comment

neeener neener neener the above post sounds like it came from a five year old.

We all need to quit stepping down to that level, and by all I mean SDSU and 605 fans alike.

The sign was somewhat clever, although as others have pointed out adverting our home game in this manor is somewhat baffiling considering what it cost.

I would like to see our response NEXT SUMMER be that of something alonge the lines of "The rivalry renews @ CAS".
                Last edited by slosho; 09-16-2011, 08:21 PM. Reason: you'll never know

Comment

I have a hard time finding time to keep up with all of the back and forth smack and what's going on in South Dakota (I live in the Twin Cities). I do find if funny though that USD fans can come on here and talk any trash when, 1. either their school or members of their fan bast put a billboard up for a game 14 months out. Rivalry...nah...begging for it to be a big deal. Which it will be. No one can say the first football game won't be a big deal because there are more people that remember the "good old days" than care about today. 2. I don't recall SDSU concocting any sort of campaign around an area code, which is just absurd. Seriously. I emailed a friend who works at SDSU to see if he could explain what the 605 thing was all about and he had no clue what I was talking about. I still don't get it.

Your school is really reaching to be noticed on those two efforts alone. Win the games on the field and you'll get noticed. Get more students to attend your school and you'll get noticed. Get more of the top students in the state to attend your school and you'll get noticed. Create your own "buzz" with gimicks and people will laugh at you. SDSU created buzz by taking a leap of faith to move up to DI in spite of the efforts of USD alums to stop it...only to follow suit (insert "well SDSU followed NDSU" lame comment here). That's how SDSU create's buzz, by setting out to do something, doing it, and having success. Welcome to the real world USD, not one where you make up your own gimicks to attract the attention of a state that really forgets you exist for a majority of the year, except those dates coming up when you'll be playing SDSU in football and basketball. Then you'll be relevant for a short window of time.

Onward and upward Jackrabbit faithful. Let 'em have their gimmicks...we don't need 'em.
                  I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by MaddogJack View Post

My little brother helped me with a new "bath line" I'm thinking of marketing in the Brookings area. Any thoughts? Private message me if you want to place any orders. Should have them in our porta-potties in about 13 months!!! Go Jacks!!!
                    I actually did see a case of doormats with a USD logo on them at Lowe's in Rapid City. It was an older logo than the one used here.
                    Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Now to a more important debate. Who do I start at my flex spot this week? Desean Jackson or Arian Foster?
                      Southern Pecan

2001 Nissan Exterra....no A/C and north of 120k

Comment

Originally posted by joeybrownerHOF View Post
                        Now to a more important debate. Who do I start at my flex spot this week? Desean Jackson or Arian Foster?
                        How do you have the luxury to start either of those two at flex and not their actual positions? 4 guys in that league or something?
                        "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                        "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

I told my Dad (a former SDSU fan prior to the move to DI) about USD's 50K+ billboard advertising campaign to advertise an SDSU homegame.

He said, "I'm glad they cut higher ed funding if that's what the colleges spend their money on."

Obviously he is probably using some flawed logic (different money pots, private vs. public dollars, etc), but how many other people in SD are thinking exactly the same thing. I know at least one casual observer in my office made similar remarks. Great job USD.
                          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Look, its advertising/marketing. Lord knows we need some help getting butts in the seats. While not everyone likes the approach, I think even the high and mighty Jackrabbits spend money on advertising. If I'm wrong, I'm sure someone will correct me.Yeah, yeah, I know.... win games and people will get interested... I get that...so spare me.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                              I told my Dad (a former SDSU fan prior to the move to DI)...
                              Did we lose him as a fan with the DI change or are you just pointing out he's been a fan for a long time? Hope it's the later. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by HadleyCoyote View Post
                                Look, its advertising/marketing. Lord knows we need some help getting butts in the seats. While not everyone likes the approach, I think even the high and mighty Jackrabbits spend money on advertising. If I'm wrong, I'm sure someone will correct me.Yeah, yeah, I know.... win games and people will get interested... I get that...so spare me.
                                Since you are having a hard time getting butts in seats, one would think that you would advertise for a home game of your own, instead of trying to get butts into CAS, which WE don't struggle with. This thought process of yours above explains so much about the USD edumacashun.

EDIT: Unless USD administration forgot that this game is at Brookings?
                                Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Working...
                                X