Usd 605

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Usd 605

People...you've got way too much time on your hands if you are arguing the political correctadness (word?) of a word. Let's discuss something worth discussing. I'm dumber after reading this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
      Using that term in that way is a 605.
      Please Please Please! Let the "605" slang term stick! I love IT!
      With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

no longer will it be called USD it is now 605, all colleges playing 605 please change you schedules. such as SDSU plays 605 on Jan 12 in mens BB. yoteforever must change his nick to 605forever yotemeal to 605meal

Comment

Believe that 605 is Highway Patrol shorthand for road kill... As in "there's a 605 on Highway 14 about 10 miles west of Huron."

Comment

605, as in:

images[2].jpg
            You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
              Please Please Please! Let the "605" slang term stick! I love IT!
              I second Theee Catrabbit's motion. The Yotes marketing crew really pulled a 605.

I predict within a few weeks there'll be a new entry in Wikipedia or perhaps all the on-line dictionaries, something like the following

A 605": Colloquialism in a limited region of the midwestern United States for 'a mistake'. First usage circa 2011 by noted commentator JackFlash, comparing a 605 to a 'screw up'. Extension of the earlier comparison to chat room "pie" by NoVaJack."
              Last edited by JackJD; 09-05-2011, 10:43 PM.

Comment

605 is just another way of representing South Dakota. Why should we use that to say something is dumb, when a lot of us are from SD. I get that it pokes fun at the U. but it also pokes fun of SD. People everywhere use their area code to represent where they are from (http://images.usatoday.com/sports/co...-bush-eyes.jpg). It's a lame campaign but to use 605 in a derogatory way is to insult the state of South Dakota. Not that I actually give a **** about that, but I just don't think it makes sense.
                Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Just having a little fun, RO. On a serious note, I thought the 'South Dakota's team' had potential. It would have worked a little better if USD had been D1 at the time but even so, had potential....

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                    Just having a little fun, RO. On a serious note, I thought the 'South Dakota's team' had potential. It would have worked a little better if USD had been D1 at the time but even so, had potential....
                    Oh I know. And like I said, I don't really care. I'm just confused by it, mostly.
                    Originally posted by JackFan96
                    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

So you're saying using 605 as a tool to poke fun at Udot is a 605 then?

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                      Oh I know. And like I said, I don't really care. I'm just confused by it, mostly.
                      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                        So you're saying using 605 as a tool to poke fun at Udot is a 605 then?
                        Is that a recursive insult?

I love it! Awesome!

Comment

Let me summarize, Some one 605'D someones feelings because they said something totally 605. A few things its time to pull the 605 and eat some 605 before this really gets 605'D out of control. 605 you, 605 you.....your cool, 605 you and I'm out.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

On a similar but unrelated note, has anyone tried Goose Island 312? Pretty good beer. 321 is the area code for Goose Island in Chicago where the factory is located. Ohhh, and 605 the U.
                            One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

8 pages on the 605 & a total of 4 posts on the Illini. For at least this week I would think the Jacks would be focused on the 217.
                              USD Fan

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                                If this was your campaign, you'd all be going..."this is genious, brilliant, and very creative". But since it's USD's campaign, it's stupid. Quite frankly I think it is hilarious. We are South Dakota's team for crying out loud. Wait till you see the billboard campaign coming.

Lighten your load fellas and enjoy it for what it is...a marketing campaign. Simmer down.
                                I'm a little late to the party, but I will only say this. A marketing campaign is like telling a joke. If you have to explain what it means, its not very good.

Area code slang works in higher populated areas, because people have to actually dial the number to complete a call. I would guess that most people in the demographic the fund raising campaign is tarketing are 35+ years of age (with paid off college loans), and spare change to spend. Using pop-culture slang makes no sense to that demographic.

Comment

Working...
                                X