Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Usd 605

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
    If this was your campaign, you'd all be going..."this is genious, brilliant, and very creative". But since it's USD's campaign, it's stupid. Quite frankly I think it is hilarious. We are South Dakota's team for crying out loud. Wait till you see the billboard campaign coming.

Lighten your load fellas and enjoy it for what it is...a marketing campaign. Simmer down.
    A) this is a smack forum...so we are smacking.
    B) If SDSU came up with this logo, I would be as embarrassed as I am of the "new" brilliant Brookings logo.....a falling exclamation point...my 3 year old could have done that one....$20000 down the drain.
    C) I get it, the thought process is if you can't even dominate in the state you are in, so what are you doing to change it?....similar "little brother schools" suffer from the same thought process...Texas A&M, Montana State, UND, Nebraska(when they were Big 12), Iowa State/UNI. Once again, USD screams at the wind as high as they can "Please looooooook at meeeeeeeee!"
    D) If you continue to change your logo people will be constantly struggling to keep up with it. Of course if you hadn't come up with so many poor marketing plans in the first place, you wouldn't need to keep changing it.

Sooooo.......
    hanginthere.jpg
    ...cause USD is special, sunshine....................
    With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

We are South Dakota's team for crying out loud.
      If I may quote Honest Abe:

"How many legs does a dog have if you call its tail a leg? Four. Calling it a leg does not make it a leg."

Comment

There could be some real creative t-shirt making off this involving the rest of the phone number
        605-xxx-xxxx

Have at it...

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
          There could be some real creative t-shirt making off this involving the rest of the phone number
          605-xxx-xxxx

Have at it...
          The Coyote Ticket office could support the campaign by changing their phone number to 605-373-3849 and use the pitch:

To reserve your seats for exciting Coyote football action, just call 605-FREETIX today!
          If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
          - Steven Wright

Comment

I did not like it at first, but you have all convinced me it is a good campaign. Good luck against SUU this weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
              The Coyote Ticket office could support the campaign by changing their phone number to 605-373-3849 and use the pitch:

To reserve your seats for exciting Coyote football action, just call 605-FREETIX today!
              605-588-7726 call us at USD where we 605-luv-spam.

Sorry thats all I got. however if you call 1 800 luv spam you can actually set up a tour of the spam muesum in Austin Mn.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

We are South Dakota's team for crying out loud.
                http://lemon.ly/work/south-dakota-brands-on-facebook

Couple that with butts-in-seats attendance, gate revenue, corporate sponsorship, enrollment, alumni base, visibility (SDSU offices located throughout SD), it's pretty clear which 'team' is South Dakota's.

And they don't wear red.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                  605-xxx-xxxx

Have at it...
                  We would do that, but we hear you all like 900 numbers. hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                    A) this is a smack forum...so we are smacking.
                    B) If SDSU came up with this logo, I would be as embarrassed as I am of the "new" brilliant Brookings logo.....a falling exclamation point...my 3 year old could have done that one....$20000 down the drain.
                    C) I get it, the thought process is if you can't even dominate in the state you are in, so what are you doing to change it?....similar "little brother schools" suffer from the same thought process...Texas A&M, Montana State, UND, Nebraska(when they were Big 12), Iowa State/UNI. Once again, USD screams at the wind as high as they can "Please looooooook at meeeeeeeee!"
                    D) If you continue to change your logo people will be constantly struggling to keep up with it. Of course if you hadn't come up with so many poor marketing plans in the first place, you wouldn't need to keep changing it.

Sooooo.......
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]290[/ATTACH]
                    ...cause USD is special, sunshine....................
                    Ok CatRabbit, I'll bite

A.) I realize it's smack, that's why I said it because there isn't one of you on here that can't just smile but rather have some silly comeback.

B.) Have the Chamber put $20,000 in your 3 year olds account and 15 years from now send him to SDSU. Thats about what the education is worth

C.) How can you claim to have (as you say it) dominated the state when your coward AD refused to play us even when we consented to play on the dogpatch known as Coughlin. You ducked USD at every turn, and now that the leagues have invited the "real team" from South Dakota into the fray, you can no longer duck us. You can claim domination only when you have whipped us. Not until.

D.) What is your schools slogan now? What was it last year? What was it say 4 years ago? You change slogans more often than a mom changes her baby's diaper.

I can't wait till the billboard on I-29 in Brookings is put up. You'll have a cow.

Comment

That's a pretty wicked cool site.

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                      http://lemon.ly/work/south-dakota-brands-on-facebook

Couple that with butts-in-seats attendance, gate revenue, corporate sponsorship, enrollment, alumni base, visibility (SDSU offices located throughout SD), it's pretty clear which 'team' is South Dakota's.

And they don't wear red.
                      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Ok CatRabbit, I'll bite

A.) I realize it's smack, that's why I said it because there isn't one of you on here that can't just smile but rather have some silly comeback.

B.) Have the Chamber put $20,000 in your 3 year olds account and 15 years from now send him to SDSU. Thats about what the education is worth

C.) How can you claim to have (as you say it) dominated the state when your coward AD refused to play us even when we consented to play on the dogpatch known as Coughlin. You ducked USD at every turn, and now that the leagues have invited the "real team" from South Dakota into the fray, you can no longer duck us. You can claim domination only when you have whipped us. Not until.

D.) What is your schools slogan now? What was it last year? What was it say 4 years ago? You change slogans more often than a mom changes her baby's diaper.

I can't wait till the billboard on I-29 in Brookings is put up. You'll have a cow.
                        Thank you for the laugh, I haven't laughed that hard at work in a long time. priceless.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Ok CatRabbit, I'll biteA.) I realize it's smack, that's why I said it because there isn't one of you on here that can't just smile but rather have some silly comeback.B.) Have the Chamber put $20,000 in your 3 year olds account and 15 years from now send him to SDSU. Thats about what the education is worthC.) How can you claim to have (as you say it) dominated the state when your coward AD refused to play us even when we consented to play on the dogpatch known as Coughlin. You ducked USD at every turn, and now that the leagues have invited the "real team" from South Dakota into the fray, you can no longer duck us. You can claim domination only when you have whipped us. Not until.D.) What is your schools slogan now? What was it last year? What was it say 4 years ago? You change slogans more often than a mom changes her baby's diaper.I can't wait till the billboard on I-29 in Brookings is put up. You'll have a cow.
                          Wow. I could care less about the logo, 605, or whatever else you want to talk about, but then you ripped on CAS. That's like a donkey calling someone a jackass. You sir, are retarded. Have you been in your dome lately? That place is embarrassing. CAS is old, I get it. But when the house is full, which USD would know nothing about, it's a fantastic atmosphere to watch a game. The dome gets no one there and it's a **** hole. Go back to that Kiyote board, or whatever that website is.
                          Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Ok CatRabbit, I'll bite

A) You're right you just made me smile......
                            B) i wish I'd known they were accepting logo submissions and I would taken the $20000 and let my kid go to State(which is still more expensive than USD's under grad according to another thread, where somehow USD ended up being the cheapest place to go to school out of state and in state)
                            C) I can't help it if he already knew it was a futile effort for the Coydolts, it's nice when other people make decisions for you so you won't embarrass yourselves...someone has to, clearly your administration doesn't seem to care how bad their decision making makes you guys look.
                            D) A slogan is not a logo, corporations and schools change their slogans all the time, they usually don't change the logo of their brand every 5 years....don't they have a school of business down there at the "Harvard of the 605"?
                            With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

You ducked USD at every turn
                              I *totally* agree with you.

SDSU had no business refusing to play USD after they both went D-1 at the same time.

Comment

I'm really sick of those of you who make fun of USD. If the Coyotes want to include their basketball RPI in the logo, let them!

Comment

Working...
                                X