Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: queen's fan

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I don't think #4 decimated the team, I think Childress decimated the team.

Kind of like how back in 98 when Moss came into the league, should've won it that year too, but D Green was the horrible coach in that instance.
    Denny Green didn't miss that chip shot field goal. Gary Anderson makes it and Denny is a Super Bowl champion coach. Things happen. It's sports.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
      Denny Green didn't miss that chip shot field goal. Gary Anderson makes it and Denny is a Super Bowl champion coach. Things happen. It's sports.
      There is no way the Vikings would have beat Denver that year. No way. Denver was unstoppable that year.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
        There is no way the Vikings would have beat Denver that year. No way. Denver was unstoppable that year.

There was no way that the Giants were going to beat the Patriots either.

Just sayin...
        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
          There was no way that the Giants were going to beat the Patriots either.

Just sayin...
          ...but the Broncos didn't falter. They lost one game all season that year...and it made them better. That is what the Patriots were missing that year...a loss to keep them humble.

One other difference...the Broncos did win the Super Bowl...

Comment

Terrell Davis may have run for 500 yds on the Vikes 'D'...
            "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

...but the Broncos didn't falter. They lost one game all season that year...and it made them better. That is what the Patriots were missing that year...a loss to keep them humble.

One other difference...the Broncos did win the Super Bowl...
              Opinions are one thing, facts another.

1. Denver lost two regular season games. The Vikings lost one.

2. In going 15-1, the Vikings scored 55 more points and gave up 13 fewer than the Broncos.

3. In head on head matchups the Vikings had the biggest differential in all four games:
              - The Vikings beat Washington by 34, Denver won by 22.
              - The Vikings beat Cincy by 21, Denver won by 7.
              - The Vikings beat Jacksonville by 40, Denver won by 13.
              - The Vikings beat Dallas by 20, Denver won by 19.

4. The Vikings had the top-rated offense and the sixth-rated defense.
              The Broncos had the second-rated offense and the ninth-rated defense.

5. As for the quip about Terrell Davis running wild over the Vikings D, based on the facts/statistics it would have been much more likely that the Vikings passed for 400-plus against Denver. Only two teams gave up more passing yards that year than the Broncos. The Vikings, meanwhile, had the ninth-ranked rushing defense.

6. Finally, Eugene "get me a prostuitute the night before the Super Bowl" discombobulated the Falcons that day. The All Pro Safety, picked up as a john the night before the game, got beat on an 80-yard pass and later said he had not slept at all.

Comment

Opinions are one thing, facts another.

1. Denver lost two regular season games. The Vikings lost one.

2. In going 15-1, the Vikings scored 55 more points and gave up 13 fewer than the Broncos.

3. In head on head matchups the Vikings had the biggest differential in all four games:
                - The Vikings beat Washington by 34, Denver won by 22.
                - The Vikings beat Cincy by 21, Denver won by 7.
                - The Vikings beat Jacksonville by 40, Denver won by 13.
                - The Vikings beat Dallas by 20, Denver won by 19.

4. The Vikings had the top-rated offense and the sixth-rated defense.
                The Broncos had the second-rated offense and the ninth-rated defense.

5. As for the quip about Terrell Davis running wild over the Vikings D, based on the facts/statistics it would have been much more likely that the Vikings passed for 400-plus against Denver. Only two teams gave up more passing yards that year than the Broncos. The Vikings, meanwhile, had the ninth-ranked rushing defense.

6. Finally, Eugene "get me a prostuitute the night before the Super Bowl" discombobulated the Falcons that day. The All Pro Safety, picked up as a john the night before the game, got beat on an 80-yard pass and later said he had not slept at all.
                I gotta hand it to ya...you caught me in a mistake...and made a compelling argument based on fact... Well done. I disagree on parts...but like you said...based on opinion. Well played...well played indeed.

Comment

I can't agree with NoVaJack.

If the Vikings couldn't keep the Falcons from scoring when they had to, they sure wouldn't have kept the Broncos from scoring when they had to.

---

And all you need to know about Denny Green is summed up thus:

4 hall of famers on the team in 1996, and they finished 8-8 and out of the playoffs (yes, I'm including Cris Carter in that total).

All you need to know about the Vikings is summed up thus:

Only one team has more playoff appearances since the merger: Dallas. They've come up short more than any team in professional sports.

And, like a true idiot, here I am thinking, "Hey, they just drafted the anti-TJack, they've got a much smarter and much more personable head coach, maybe they can do something!"

Comment

I should add: 4 HOF players and two assistant coaches that would go on to win Super Bowls.

Of course, Denny got the season off to a lovely start by releasing a self-serving book trashing the Vikings ownership, and then went out and pulled the typical Denny Green special: Failure to win 'easy' games---I think, during his tenure, the Vikings won in Tampa maybe twice. Maybe.

Comment

The beauty of having an opinion is that we can all think we're right
                      TransAm may be right, Elway may have been the difference-maker. But I sure would have liked to have seen the Vikings on the field that day rather than the Falcons, who were no slouches at 14-2 themselves...

Comment

The beauty of having an opinion is that we can all think we're right
                        TransAm may be right, Elway may have been the difference-maker. But I sure would have liked to have seen the Vikings on the field that day rather than the Falcons, who were no slouches at 14-2 themselves...
                        Can we agree that few coaches have done a better job destroying their reputation than Mike Shanahan?

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                          Can we agree that few coaches have done a better job destroying their reputation than Mike Shanahan?

He asked for it working for Dan Snyder and joining a team that had Albert Haynesworth as a $120 million player.

Comment

Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda!!!!

Vikings fan crack me up! Steelers 6 Super Bowls, Cowboys 5, Packers 4!

Those are teams that know how to close it out!!!

Good luck with Joe Webb.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitNation View Post

Good luck with Joe Webb.
                              While your use of exclamation points is a hair excessive, I'll agree on the Steelers and Packers thing.

I refuse to agree on the Cowboy thing no matter if they win the forty-six super bowls. (I am Washington fan*, what'd you expect?)

And I think the Vikes made it clear that they aren't going to go the Joe Webb (at QB) route by picking Ponder.**

*Please Lord, have mercy on my soul. I've endured enough the past 20 or so nfl seasons.
                              ** Not that any of this matters until 2012, there won't be any NFL games this year.
                              Last edited by RowdyRabbit; 05-11-2011, 09:01 AM. Reason: grammar
                              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitNation View Post

Good luck with Joe Webb.

Isn't this, in the final analysis, the essence of all fandom, unless you're a front-tunner and decide to back the favorite each season?
                                Any memory of the Forrest Gregg-Lindy Infante years?

Comment

Working...
                                X