Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yotes lose to boys named Sue

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
    According to previous assistant coach he was not offered a scholarship at SDSU.
    That is correct from what I know. Louie played AAU ball with Colton Iverson who we all know was very highly recruited. Because of this Louie had the chance to play in front of numerous D-I coaches on multiple occasions. Not a single D-I offer came his way except for USD. I'd say a good decision on our coaches behalf!

Comment

Originally posted by JackFlash View Post
      Yoteforever, I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you meant all conference his last two years and not all american.

Yeah, no frickin way he is a NCAA Mens BB All American. If he has that talent he wouldn't be at USD

I should add the Last All-American in Basketball from the Summit was Brett Winkelman From NDSU and he was a Academic AA
      BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
        Yeah, no frickin way he is a NCAA Mens BB All American. If he has that talent he wouldn't be at USD

I should add the Last All-American in Basketball from the Summit was Brett Winkelman From NDSU and he was a Academic AA

First of all TJ, have you seen Gruis play? I did mean All-Conference so I apologize for that, but I also did think that there was an All_American Team for mid-majors and below? I might be wrong on that.

He says SDSU was never in the picture, not me. Not my words. Regarding Dykstra being more physical than Gruis? Not a chance in heaven. Maybe a better player, but to say Dykstra kicked his butt phyisically, no way. I have seen them both play, and I saw Dykstra play at least 15 games in high school, and physical is not a word that remotely came close to describing his play. He maybe plays that way now, and that's good, because he should...but not then.

Anyway, they both are excellent players, no question about that. Right now USD has issues not playing as a team. Shooting very poorly as well. maybe the two go hand in hand.

Good luck as you wrap up league play. Do well in the tournament.

YFE

Comment

Let's be honest here. Who couldn't be Academic award winner at NDSU? Not exactly Harvard here.

Comment

Ah.

Yotes smacking Bison (and vice versa) on a Jackrabbits board.

Life is indeed worth living.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
              Let's be honest here. Who couldn't be Academic award winner at NDSU? Not exactly Harvard here.
              Bad smack. Brett was an engineering or architecture major. Don't remember which, but both are highly respected majors from that school and NOT easy.
              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

First of all TJ, have you seen Gruis play? I did mean All-Conference so I apologize for that, but I also did think that there was an All_American Team for mid-majors and below? I might be wrong on that.

He says SDSU was never in the picture, not me. Not my words. Regarding Dykstra being more physical than Gruis? Not a chance in heaven. Maybe a better player, but to say Dykstra kicked his butt phyisically, no way. I have seen them both play, and I saw Dykstra play at least 15 games in high school, and physical is not a word that remotely came close to describing his play. He maybe plays that way now, and that's good, because he should...but not then.

Anyway, they both are excellent players, no question about that. Right now USD has issues not playing as a team. Shooting very poorly as well. maybe the two go hand in hand.

Good luck as you wrap up league play. Do well in the tournament.

YFE
                *Sigh*

Go back and read my post. I said Dykstra kicked his butt and it was a physical matchup. I did NOT say he was more physical, etc.

I actually know exactly who was reffing that game between those two players in the camp and remember talking to them a few days afterwards. They said at one point they looked at the coaches and asked what they should do. Call a foul? The coaches wanted to let the two compete and get after it so they let them play. They loved watching them go at it. I think both of these kids knew they the matchup was going to be watched closely and knew SDSU wanted them both.
                Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                  Bad smack. Brett was an engineering or architecture major. Don't remember which, but both are highly respected majors from that school and NOT easy.
                  Industrial Engineering and Management, had a 3.88 with the brutal Travel schedule of Basketball pretty amazing.

also Yote yes there is a Mid Major All American team and that is also not easy to get on as teams like UNI are also considered Mid Major and produce many great players. Ben Woodside got a AP Honorable Mention to the 2009 All American team and made the 2009 College insider Mid Major All American team and he put up 37 points against Sherron Collins of Kansas in the Opening round of the NCAA Tourney, on top of that he was the Summit league player of the year so.... all i'm saying getting named to the AA rosters in Mens BBall is much harder than FCS football etc..
                  BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                    Ah.

Yotes smacking Bison (and vice versa) on a Jackrabbits board.

Life is indeed worth living.
                    Wasn't smacking, just letting him know his statement is above his head, don't think the Yote fan realizes how hard it is to make the honors outside of the GWC in real Basketball that is all
                    BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Industrial Engineering and Management, had a 3.88 with the brutal Travel schedule of Basketball pretty amazing.

also Yote yes there is a Mid Major All American team and that is also not easy to get on as teams like UNI are also considered Mid Major and produce many great players. Ben Woodside got a AP Honorable Mention to the 2009 All American team and made the 2009 College insider Mid Major All American team and he put up 37 points against Sherron Collins of Kansas in the Opening round of the NCAA Tourney, on top of that he was the Summit league player of the year so.... all i'm saying getting named to the AA rosters in Mens BBall is much harder than FCS football etc..
                      Lifes great when you defend a smack. I love it.

Comment

Wasn't smacking, just letting him know his statement is above his head, don't think the Yote fan realizes how hard it is to make the honors outside of the GWC in real Basketball that is all
                        Carry on.

"I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Lifes great when you defend a smack. I love it.

Glad to help you realize your boy probably ain't as good as you think

might not make PREPOSTEROUS statements anymore

BTW if he makes it thats great but its highly unlikely and I stand corrected as I forgot about Keith Benson from Oakland who was named 2010 AP All American from the Summit (but man that guy is good)
                          BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

The Sue got whipped by NJIT last night.

To clarify (or not), Gruis had an offer extended by SDSU that was never accepted. After evaluating his game and the game of others the offer was removed from the table by SDSU. Gruis chose USD and it is very possible that he was never considering SDSU, not even for a second, that SDSU "was never in the picture". Its possible but highly unlikely.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

0-8 in last 2 minutes in a loss to NJIT today. Yotes were up by 1 before that. Tough loss, we've had plenty of those.
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                                0-8 in last 2 minutes in a loss to NJIT today. Yotes were up by 1 before that. Tough loss, we've had plenty of those.
                                Brutal. Yes we have. Against NJIT even, if I recall correctly.
                                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Working...
                                X