Comment

Re: Demotivational Poster Thread

For TAB
        http://sd.craigslist.org/ctd/2202465809.html

;-)

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post

Thanks, but I already got my own 79 TA, as well as my every day 2010 Camaro. It does surprisingly well in the winter.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post

Thanks, but I already got my own 79 TA, as well as my every day 2010 Camaro. It does surprisingly well in the winter.
            V6 or V8?

Comment

V6 or V8?
              I'm guessing you are talking the Camaro. That is a V6. Only way I could talk the wife into it with me having the TA. It's a 6-speed manual. A lot of power for a V6 with 324 hp.

The TA is a 400 built up to a 403. 90k original miles.

Comment

I did know it had the 400 small block... (Siamese cylinders known for overheating issues due to no cooling in between the middle cylinders.. )

I figured the V6 and that's no insult.. that thing is stout! and great mileage...

Comment

My uncle used to have a '77 or '78 Trans Am.

He was going to give it to me when he got rid of it, but my parents (mom) wouldn't let him, for my safety, as I was 15 and probably would've wrapped it (and myself) around a tree.

Looked pretty simlar to yours TAB, only it didn't have the t-top.
                  "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

I did know it had the 400 small block... (Siamese cylinders known for overheating issues due to no cooling in between the middle cylinders.. )

I figured the V6 and that's no insult.. that thing is stout! and great mileage...
                    I don't know much about engines so I could easily be wrong. I was told there is a big difference between a 403 and a 400 built up to a 403. I was told a 403 is a small block, while a 400 built up is a big block. I tried to do a little research and it just made my head swim.

As for the overheating, I was also told that only becomes a problem after you overhaul it, and that you can only overhaul it once due to not being able to bore it out more than once due to size issues. I'm sure others can correct me or validate my claims as I only know what I've been told.

Comment

I can get 29 mpg on interstate...but in town I get about 18 or so.

Comment

I don't know much about engines so I could easily be wrong. I was told there is a big difference between a 403 and a 400 built up to a 403. I was told a 403 is a small block, while a 400 built up is a big block. I tried to do a little research and it just made my head swim.

As for the overheating, I was also told that only becomes a problem after you overhaul it, and that you can only overhaul it once due to not being able to bore it out more than once due to size issues. I'm sure others can correct me or validate my claims as I only know what I've been told.
                        1979 Pontiac Trans Am Engine Options

V6 231, "A" Code - 105hp
                        V8 301, "Y" Code - 140 hp
                        V8 301, "W" Code - 150 hp
                        V8 305, "H" Code - 133 hp
                        V8 350, "L" Code - 160 hp
                        V8 350, "X" Code - 155 hp
                        V8 350, "R" Code - 160 hp
                        V8 400, "X" Code - 220 hp
                        V8 403, "K" Code - 185 hp

And I believe that the K code 403 was the Oldsmobile engine...
                        Last edited by slosho; 02-09-2011, 08:06 PM. Reason: Added additional info.

Comment

I really thought this thread would take off more.

Comment

I really thought this thread would take off more.
                            I didn't know NDSU fans did much thinking....interesting.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                              I didn't know NDSU fans did much thinking....interesting.
                              I could fill up volumes with things you don't know.

Comment

I could fill up volumes with things you don't know.
                                How to pick dingleberries? :0
                                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                                X