Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much better is the Summit than the Independents(Great West)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How much better is the Summit than the Independents(Great West)?

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
    In talking to our coaches there was not option to get all 3 when offers first went out. Wasn't going to work with the scholarships available and the direction they wanted. Gruis was offered initially and then that offer was rescinded. Now, I think that all occurred before the defections and the end of last year and had Nagy known about that Gruis might be a Jackrabbit.
    Yeah, thats what sort of bugs me, We lost returning players who if they knew they were leaving, cost SDSU a good recruit. Either way it seems unfortunate, but he seemed to have taken it well, and maybe, Will have a great career. I assume those that left did not know what they were going to do untill it was much to late for Nagy to extend an offer again to correct the situation and keep him an offer.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
      Yeah, thats what sort of bugs me, We lost returning players who if they knew they were leaving, cost SDSU a good recruit. Either way it seems unfortunate, but he seemed to have taken it well, and maybe, Will have a great career. I assume those that left did not know what they were going to do untill it was much to late for Nagy to extend an offer again to correct the situation and keep him an offer.
      That's how I understand it. Nagy took a fair amount of heat (perhaps rightfully so) when he "pulled" the offer. None of us know the details in that regard so I think its best to reserve judgment and wish both sides the best of luck. Trevor fits in well at USD and SDSU is doing alright with the talent we have. No guarantee things would have been better if Trevor was a Jackrabbit.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

No guarantee things would have been better if Trevor was a Jackrabbit.
        I agree, its how it is because thats how it worked out. Might not makes this team better, but I couldnt see how his talents would not be wanted or used in the next 3 years. Just hope he does well, but not well enough that he would be apart of a team that beats SDSU. I am just kidding............but seriously.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

That's how I understand it. Nagy took a fair amount of heat (perhaps rightfully so) when he "pulled" the offer. None of us know the details in that regard so I think its best to reserve judgment and wish both sides the best of luck. Trevor fits in well at USD and SDSU is doing alright with the talent we have. No guarantee things would have been better if Trevor was a Jackrabbit.
          It is easy to wish we would have known about players leaving (Rader, Cordova, Palara, Cassiday) but consider this. Gruis (USD), Dykstra (SDSU) & Heemstra (SDSU) all signed their Letters of Intent about the same time SDSU started their 2009-2010 season.

It wasn't until the end of our 2010 season (March) that we started hearing about the above players leaving. So I would say it would have been hard (nearly impossible) for Nagy and his staff to predict all those guys were leaving.

In fact, you can't even consider signing more players than you have scholarships for. Unless you know for sure someone is leaving or you are for sure going to give them the boot at the end of the season.

Not saying we'd be better with or without Gruis but I'd argue it is a moot point when considering the above timeline of events. The only thing we could have done was try to convince Gruis to opt out of his National Letter of Intent and accept an offer from SDSU. Knowing the high standards of Nagy, I'm sure this wasn't even discussed.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
            It is easy to wish we would have known about players leaving (Rader, Cordova, Palara, Cassiday) but consider this. Gruis (USD), Dykstra (SDSU) & Heemstra (SDSU) all signed their Letters of Intent about the same time SDSU started their 2009-2010 season.

It wasn't until the end of our 2010 season (March) that we started hearing about the above players leaving. So I would say it would have been hard (nearly impossible) for Nagy and his staff to predict all those guys were leaving.

In fact, you can't even consider signing more players than you have scholarships for. Unless you know for sure someone is leaving or you are for sure going to give them the boot at the end of the season.

Not saying we'd be better with or without Gruis but I'd argue it is a moot point when considering the above timeline of events. The only thing we could have done was try to convince Gruis to opt out of his National Letter of Intent and accept an offer from SDSU. Knowing the high standards of Nagy, I'm sure this wasn't even discussed.

A motivated Cordova and a senior Palarca would have helped this year.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
              A motivated Cordova and a senior Palarca would have helped this year.
              No doubt. Sometimes when you take a chance you lose that chance. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Proposition athletes are labeled a proposition for a reason.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
              X