Bison sell 11,500 tickets for playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bison sell 11,500 tickets for playoffs

We looked at the rules the FCS Rules in another thread and we found that geography and money were factored into the rules quite extensively. I am thinking Thanksgiving weekend is not good for playoff attendence in the upper midwest. If SDSU were to draw 11,500 for a playoff game that would be a very good draw, and probably the NDSU game is the only game that made money. I have no figures on what UNI bid, but they have to put that amount in the NCAA coffers no matter what. I am thinking NDSU at 20 bucks a crack made their bid of $100,000 bucks and had funds left over. I am not up on what happens once the host school makes their bid, but I suspect the NCAA gets that amount less maintanence expenses. I dont think NDSU made much off this game, and UNI is scrambling for funds to pay the NCAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
      I think that's a fair assessment. The Bison are also headed to Montana(State). Now MSU is not the #1 seed however, but I'd say yes they have caught up to SDSU.

All the playoff attendances were Tuuuurrrrible! I'd say the Bison should really be ashamed...but UNI? Come on!

Also, agree the Jacks have never hosted a playoff game and Handoex has never made an intelligent post.
      The chances of SDSU hosting a playoff game are slim to none for two reasons:

1) Past attendance in November
      2) Facilities

We may as well get used to travelling for the playoffs in the future.
      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by i_got_a_fever
        Speaking of low amount of fans, lakes is claiming that 20 fans that made the trip to Frost last year made a "difference." Give me a break.

If lakes made the trip to Aztec Stadium in Mexico City, was the only opposing fan, in the noise bleed section with birds flying below him, with 103,999 angry drunk Mexican soccer fans he would have made a difference.
        We probably didn't make a difference, but my wife said that our Let's Go Bison chants were pretty loud on the radio and we were way up in gen admin seats far away from Scotty Miller, who called the game. It did something to fire up the visiting fans when Brookings' finest threw his cup full of soda at us. I couldn't talk for a few days after the game.

Comment

Originally posted by HandoEX View Post
          We probably didn't make a difference, but my wife said that our Let's Go Bison chants were pretty loud on the radio and we were way up in gen admin seats far away from Scotty Miller, who called the game. It did something to fire up the visiting fans when Brookings' finest threw his cup full of soda at us. I couldn't talk for a few days after the game.
          1-Husband screams at a basketball game
          2-Husband can't talk for a few days.
          3-Wife tells husband his rantings could be heard on radio, encouraging him to scream louder the next time...

I believe you're wife is a very cunning lady.
          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Working...
          X