X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nimrod Signs with USD Basketball

Seriously.

http://www.usdcoyotes.com/sports/mbb...ELEASE_ID=6038

Looks like a great player, tough break on the name.
    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Re: Nimrod Signs with USD Basketball

Wow, the student section is going to have a few years to tee off on that guy's name.

Comment

brings back Darwin Claausen memories
      "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
      -Leo Rosten

Comment

Reminds me of the guy who played for either UND or NDSU back in the day with the last name Mustard. He always heard it quite a bit about how much better ketchup was.
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitinTea View Post
          Wow, the student section is going to have a few years to tee off on that guy's name.
          The fine fans of SDSU that never cause trouble in a USD/SDSU contest shouldn't be making fun of him. You have wayyyyyyyyyyy to many boosters on here that want a clean and classy rivalry. No Nimrod jokes. On the other hand, had he signed with you? All bets off.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
            The fine fans of SDSU that never cause trouble in a USD/SDSU contest shouldn't be making fun of him. You have wayyyyyyyyyyy to many boosters on here that want a clean and classy rivalry. No Nimrod jokes. On the other hand, had he signed with you? All bets off.
            You can't be serious. I think you're a little sensitive. You can't honestly tell me that USD wouldn't have a good time with a name like Nimrod if it was on a State uniform.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitinTea View Post
              You can't be serious. I think you're a little sensitive. You can't honestly tell me that USD wouldn't have a good time with a name like Nimrod if it was on a State uniform.

To sensitive? me? Anyway, reread my quote. I said if he signed with you, all bets off. i.e. we sure as hell would make fun of it.

Comment

Teasing someone regarding their name = clean fun. I do this with good friends all the time, and I'm sure you do too. (BTW, I'm sure this particular player is quite used to it by this point.)

Dropping a duece in the visiting teams showers = over the line. I have never done this, and I'm guessing you wouldn't either.

It doesn't seem like it should be that hard to figure out.
                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

To sensitive? me? Anyway, reread my quote. I said if he signed with you, all bets off. i.e. we sure as hell would make fun of it.
                  I reread. I stand corrected. Then we can all agree that this guy's going to be hearing his name a lot.

Comment

They added Terrell and Nimrod, to me it sounds like some bad cop spin off skit on saturday night live.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Dude is 6'-0" and 150 lbs.

He best bring his sleeping bag and sleep in the weightroom.
                      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Nimrod? Who'd do that to their kid?

Its not as bad as Dick Trickle but its Top 10 worst names in sports. Good get for the 'Yotes. You could say that their team will be made up of a bunch of stooges and a Nimrod.

SUPERBUNNY
                        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                          Nimrod? Who'd do that to their kid?

Its not as bad as Dick Trickle but its Top 10 worst names in sports.
                          Originally posted by JackFan96
                          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Apparently it's a Hebrew name... but with an unfortunate contemporary connotation.
                            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

The "strangest" two names of which I am aware. There was a family not far from where I grew up whose last name was Popp. They named their son Soda and their daughter Lolly. Soda Popp was actually a pretty good basketball player in high school and the sports announcer's report frequently was "Soda Popp scored 10 points last night." I didn't know about Lolly Popp until several years later. We also had a baby sitter back in those days whose name was Candance "Candi" Caine.

Comment

Working...
                              X