Why the Summit and MVFC is better than the BSC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why the Summit and MVFC is better than the BSC

Where is my violin playing smilie when I need it?

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
      I am probably one of the only Yote fans disappointed today. Since I can't hold my opinion in I will probably anger about 80% of the Coyote Fan base. I think the Big Sky was the better option and it will take awhile for me to get over USD taking a pass on the Big Sky. I am actually not even as angry with being in the Summit/MVFC as I am how USD's administrations handled the situation. They were indecisive, wish-washy, flip-floppy or however you want to name it. They burned bridges and led UND onto a plank and let them jump off. They definately let down the Big Sky Commissioners office. I am sure Fullerton is not going to want to have much to do with USD after today.

My only ammunition that I had left is going to be gone soon. USD can't win on the road and after SDSU wins 8 of the next 10 in football the all time series will go over to the Jacks. I thought maybe we had the right people in place at the top but Sayler is starting to sound more like a politician rather than an AD. First he says one thing and then only a few days later does a complete about face. He basically all but lied to UND, the Big Sky and USD fans. Most USD fans don't care how it was done they just want to renew the beloved rivalry with SDSU. Actually getting any wins in the rivalry isn't all that important. SDSU is going to whip up on USD until Sayler has the gonads to hold the football team accountable which I doubt he will.

The MVFC is not my problem, it's the Summit League which I don't like as well as the Big Sky. People may not like my opinions but at least I am not a hypocrite. I still think many D2 programs would beat USD and it's definately a possiblity that USD may be the 3rd or 4th best program in South Dakota. One can only sit on one win so long. I think if Augie and USD played it would be a good game but if it was at Augie the Vikings might just pull it out. They actually can win a close game which is foreign territory for the Yotes.

And one more thing, I plan on keeping my Big Sky Avatar as well. I am not just going to turn my back on the Big Sky like USD did. Maybe I can be an honorary Jacks fan for a week.
      Not this.
      University of South Dakota:
      Oldest university of the Dakotas; Home of S.D.'s only accredited law, medical and business schools; S.D.'s designated liberal arts institution; National scholars galore; Alma mater of 10 S.D. governors, 20 members of Congress, all sitting S.D. Supreme Ct. justices and 1/2 of all S.D. physicians; Warmer than Brookings; Where JackMD received his advanced degree!

Comment

I am probably one of the only Yote fans disappointed today. Since I can't hold my opinion in I will probably anger about 80% of the Coyote Fan base. I think the Big Sky was the better option and it will take awhile for me to get over USD taking a pass on the Big Sky. I am actually not even as angry with being in the Summit/MVFC as I am how USD's administrations handled the situation. They were indecisive, wish-washy, flip-floppy or however you want to name it. They burned bridges and led UND onto a plank and let them jump off. They definately let down the Big Sky Commissioners office. I am sure Fullerton is not going to want to have much to do with USD after today.

My only ammunition that I had left is going to be gone soon. USD can't win on the road and after SDSU wins 8 of the next 10 in football the all time series will go over to the Jacks. I thought maybe we had the right people in place at the top but Sayler is starting to sound more like a politician rather than an AD. First he says one thing and then only a few days later does a complete about face. He basically all but lied to UND, the Big Sky and USD fans. Most USD fans don't care how it was done they just want to renew the beloved rivalry with SDSU. Actually getting any wins in the rivalry isn't all that important. SDSU is going to whip up on USD until Sayler has the gonads to hold the football team accountable which I doubt he will.

The MVFC is not my problem, it's the Summit League which I don't like as well as the Big Sky. People may not like my opinions but at least I am not a hypocrite. I still think many D2 programs would beat USD and it's definately a possiblity that USD may be the 3rd or 4th best program in South Dakota. One can only sit on one win so long. I think if Augie and USD played it would be a good game but if it was at Augie the Vikings might just pull it out. They actually can win a close game which is foreign territory for the Yotes.

And one more thing, I plan on keeping my Big Sky Avatar as well. I am not just going to turn my back on the Big Sky like USD did. Maybe I can be an honorary Jacks fan for a week.

Don't really understand why you wouldn't be happy to be in a better football conference and a better traveling situation with the Summit. My opinion is that within the next 5 years Montana and possibly Montana St. will be going FBS. If that happens, the Big Sky will be horendous. Maybe the Big Sky would be better for the short term, but for the long term viability of USD, I think Sayler made the right choice. However, I think USD has to give SDSU some credit for 'literally' paving the way for USD into Division I. Same conferences, same schools, and now they fall right into the Summit and the Missouri Valley Football Conference. I also think Sayler should be given props for not acting like UND and following them into the Big Sky. He sat back, thought about some things, and then pounced on it when the MVC came calling. I think you'll be happy in the long run. I also think SDSU has to be happy because the long term viability of the Summit/MVC is not going to be in jeapardy anymore. If ORU took off then we may have been in a world of hurt.

However, CF is obviously entitled to his opinion and I may not believe the same thing he thinks but you have to give him credit for sticking with it.
        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

you really dont mean all of this, do you? if you do, im very very dissappointed in you.

Comment

They definately let down the Big Sky Commissioners office. I am sure Fullerton is not going to want to have much to do with USD after today.
            You say "let them down" like USD owed them something. I would think it would have been far worse for USD to turn their backs and leave the Summit after they just were offered membership and had yet to even play a game in the league.

If I was a USD fan, the last thing I would be worried about is what the Big Sky or Fullerton thinks of them. I'm pretty sure the Big Sky may have gotten what they deserved after their commissioner was all over the press earlier this week about USD being "on the verge of joining their league" when the papers hadn't been signed and the President and BOR hadn't given their approval. That press release was just odd, but it's kind of been par for the course from what I've seen from Big Sky leadership.
            "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
              you really dont mean all of this, do you? if you do, im very very dissappointed in you.
              Oh, he means it.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                Your very disappointed either way. You can just add another very to make it very, very dissapointed.

Some are very a hundred time over disappointed. I would not want it any other way :-)
                How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Since going to keep your BSC avatar, why did you not step up to the plate and offer to pick up the extra travel costs that USD would incurr if they went the BSC way? You seem generous and willing to put your bucks where your gummers are.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                    Since going to keep your BSC avatar, why did you not step up to the plate and offer to pick up the extra travel costs that USD would incurr if they went the BSC way? You seem generous and willing to put your bucks where your gummers are.
                    How do you jump from keeping an avatar on a message board to paying for travel costs? That has to be one of the most asinine jumps in, I want to say logic, but you are most certainly not using logic. Incredible post out of you; definitely one of your better ones.
                    Originally posted by JackFan96
                    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Wow. Just Wow.

Comment

Working...
                      X