Reasons Why the Yotes should go to the Big Sky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Reasons Why the Yotes should go to the Big Sky

They should join the Big Sky because Sioux Falls is too cheap to build a bigger Arena. The Arena wouldn't be big enough to host the Summit League Basketball Tourney with another SD team in it. I guess the people of Sioux Falls knew more than me about USD not joining the Summit.

Comment

I'm telling you I like the idea of them going to the Big Sky. Each March we have Sioux Falls all to ourselves while they play out west and miss the media cycle. Sioux Falls is the prize and they are giving it to us! All this while their athletic department gets weaker and weaker due to lack of interest -read lack of $$$ - and crushing travel costs. Go Yotes go!

Comment

Think about it . . . Next in sports we take you live to the Sioux Falls Arena where SDSU is playing . . . live shot from a blue and yellow arena . . . talk to a coach . . . reporter talks about how electric the mood is and how ESPN is coming to Sioux Falls for the Championships - the Jacks and the Summit League are bringing ESPN to Sioux Falls - . . . so on and so forth and finally at the end of the sports cast they say and USD is playing out in Portland we will get you a score tomorrow now back to you anchor person. . .

It works for me.

Thank you Yotes

http://www.keloland.com/videoarchive...e=030910sdsu10

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
          Think about it . . . Next in sports we take you live to the Sioux Falls Arena where SDSU is playing . . . live shot from a blue and yellow arena . . . talk to a coach . . . reporter talks about how electric the mood is and how ESPN is coming to Sioux Falls for the Championships - the Jacks and the Summit League are bringing ESPN to Sioux Falls - . . . so on and so forth and finally at the end of the sports cast they say and USD is playing out in Portland we will get you a score tomorrow now back to you anchor person. . .

It works for me.

Thank you Yotes

And then your wife shakes you violently and says..."honey, wake up. You are dreaming again. Still having that same dream that places you in the mens basketball finals"? You have to quit drinking the kool-aid before you go to bed.

You haven't wanted USD in anything, and now that they are on the verge of accepting, you are making fun of them? What league was it that you applied to along with the Bizon? I forget.

Good grief people. Why do you care so much whether we go to the Big Sky or anywhere for that matter? You must really hate the "U" so much that you just want them to flounder around. That isn't gonna happen.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
            Good grief people. Why do you care so much whether we go to the Big Sky or anywhere for that matter? You must really hate the "U" so much that you just want them to flounder around. That isn't gonna happen.
            I want you to go, I never wanted you in the Summit. Please please go to the BSC and don't be surprised when Montana and Montana State are gone.

Comment

Why do you care so much whether we go to the Big Sky or anywhere for that matter?
              Look:

USD screwed up by not going D1 with SDSU.

And they're about to screw up again.

The Montanas are gone. You're going to be joining the Great West version 2.0 (Now with AUTO BIDS!!!)

And guess what? You just signed an 8 year contract with GW2.0.

Comment

And then your wife shakes you violently and says..."honey, wake up. You are dreaming again. Still having that same dream that places you in the mens basketball finals"? You have to quit drinking the kool-aid before you go to bed.

You haven't wanted USD in anything, and now that they are on the verge of accepting, you are making fun of them? What league was it that you applied to along with the Bizon? I forget.

and of course, you dont hate state at all.

Comment

I want you to go, I never wanted you in the Summit. Please please go to the BSC and don't be surprised when Montana and Montana State are gone.
                  this. well said.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                    and of course, you dont hate state at all.
                    Actually............no I don't. Just delusional fans. Very small number, but on this board.

Ok, from the toes: S C R E W T H E U

Echoes back: H A T E S T A T E

Doc, you have to love it, don't ya?

Comment

Actually............no I don't. Just delusional fans. Very small number, but on this board.

Ok, from the toes: S C R E W T H E U

Echoes back: H A T E S T A T E

Doc, you have to love it, don't ya?
                      You know I wouldn't mind if I never attend another game where those chants occur. USD has to do what they decide is best for them just like they did when they decided not to go DI initially. A fair question that hasn't been answered with anything credible is this one: Why does the BSC want to add teams now? The most logical answer if indeed they do want to add teams is obvious. I think some people are having trouble admitting what that is.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                        A fair question that hasn't been answered with anything credible is this one: Why does the BSC want to add teams now? The most logical answer if indeed they do want to add teams is obvious. I think some people are having trouble admitting what that is.
                        Yes, don't conferences add teams when they lose teams? The Big Sky has not lost any teams that I am aware of. To be adding Cal-Poly, UC-Davis for football and SUU, USD & UND for all sports, seems a bit much. Unless someone is leaving.

I really do think Montana is leaving. They probably told everyone at the last conference meeting that they are leaving and promised not say anything to the press about it. So the Big Lie comes to the UxD's with a conference invite, thinking that Montana will be in the conference, only to find out after they accept that Montana is out. Not sure about Montana State, they may be gone also.
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)
                        (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

It works for me.

Thank you Yotes

Problem 1. Will the Summit keep the basketball tourney in Sioux Falls every year if they lose the UXD's? I'd think the prospects increase of the tourney being rotated around.

Problem 2. The conference champs host the conference tourney in the BSC. So, your dream of ESPN televising a conference tourney in South Dakota could be from USD hosting the BSC tourney in Vermillion from a brand new, on campus basketball arena. I envision cutaway shots of the DakotaDome, Old Main, Carey's...The Sioux Falls media would be all over that.

Comment

Originally posted by Yote53 View Post
                            Problem 1. Will the Summit keep the basketball tourney in Sioux Falls every year if they lose the UXD's? I'd think the prospects increase of the tourney being rotated around.

Problem 2. The conference champs host the conference tourney in the BSC. So, your dream of ESPN televising a conference tourney in South Dakota could be from USD hosting the BSC tourney in Vermillion from a brand new, on campus basketball arena. I envision cutaway shots of the DakotaDome, Old Main, Carey's...The Sioux Falls media would be all over that.
                            1-As long as attendance numbers are where they have been the last few seasons (withouth the UxD's), I have a hard time believing the Summit will ever move out of Sioux Falls.

2-That's pretty cool.

3-I think most SDSU fans want what is best for SDSU. Most USD fans want what is best for USD. IMO, the best interests of each institution align in this instance, and I think USD should stay put in the Summit and struggle with independent status for football for a couple years. At some point, the MVFC will add teams, and until then there are more than enough schools to fill out a football schedule. It will be hard work, but it is possible.

I still wouldn't be surprised to see the result of the Summit football study either STRONGLY encourage scheduling between schools that aren't in the MVFC, or even make a conference rule change requiring the scheduling of either USD or USD every season, or something along those lines.
                            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

OK I just threw up in mouth contemplating national coverage on ESPN showing any part of Vermillion. South Dakota is still my home having been born, raised and having lived there for the first 27 years of my life and I'm proud of the state. The idea of those who have never been to the state equating Vermillion as South Dakota tells me the state tourism office will need to work extra hard to change that image in outsiders minds.

Comment

Problem 1. We did fine for two years in hosting the Summit without USD support so will not having USD as part of the picture hurt SDSU? I dont think so.

Problem 2 a pipe dream at best.

Comment

Working...
                                X