Moss to Vikings, Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moss to Vikings, Part II

...Vikings fans proclaim once again that this is their year!

...Favre/Moss combo puts up gaudy numbers for the rest of the regular season.

...Favre throws another epic interception in the playoffs trying to hit a double covered Moss

...Favre retires, Moss leaves Minnesota.....and the ViQueens fail again!
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Re: Moss to Vikings, Part II

Please.

That Favre interception was *not* a true Vikings moment.

The 12 men on the field WAS. Been a Vikings fan since 1981. THAT was a Vikings moment. A Vikings moment followed by a Favre moment.

No great expectations from Moss. I wasn't sorry to see him go, and I won't be happy to see him back.

Comment

BTW: Can I say, as a Vikings fan, that I just *love* Packers fans who pretend they're over Favre.

(cue Packer fan ready to get in my face telling me all about how he really *is* over Favre. "I don't care about him at all--couldn't possibly care less. Oh, and by the way, did you see all those interceptions he threw against Miami? AND the fumble? No. Really. I AM over him. Don't care what he does, one way or the other. Did you hear about how Barney is all upset because he's not the only purple dinosaur?")

Shoot, man, you buy a T-shirt with the guy's face on it, you're not over him.

Comment

even with moss, the vikings will still lose monday night to the jets, in 2 weeks at new england and in 3 weeks to green bay. they will probably beat dallas inbetween. so they will start 2-5. and as a bear fan, that would be my wishes.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
          even with moss, the vikings will still lose monday night to the jets, in 2 weeks at new england and in 3 weeks to green bay. they will probably beat dallas inbetween. so they will start 2-5. and as a bear fan, that would be my wishes.
          Agree with this statement. If they start 2-5 making the playoffs will be tough. They really have to play well down the stretch to make it in. Then go on the road throughout the playoffs which is not good for the Queens.

I didn't like the Vikings before Farve (not a Packers or Bears fan either) and like them even less now. So sick of this damn saga its not even funny. Hope Farve fails....epically.

And for the record I put Moss right up there with TO and Chad Eight Five (Seriously, the dude changed his name to Ochocino?) as far as dip-sh#t receivers go.

Comment

As a Vikings fan, I've suddenly gotten re-interested in the playoffs. Moss is goofy but harmless and a heck of a player. Wonder if he'll get No. 84 back. Hope so.
            This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
              As a Vikings fan, I've suddenly gotten re-interested in the playoffs. Moss is goofy but harmless and a heck of a player. Wonder if he'll get No. 84 back. Hope so.
              Then you can break out your old Moss Vikings jersey and not have to buy a new one, I hope Michael Bennett comes back so I can put that jersey back in circulation. My wife bought me a Moss jersey in 2002, I returned it immediately for a #23. Bennett fizzled after a Pro Bowl year and now he's a Raider. Maybe he'll be back?
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                Then you can break out your old Moss Vikings jersey and not have to buy a new one, I hope Michael Bennett comes back so I can put that jersey back in circulation. My wife bought me a Moss jersey in 2002, I returned it immediately for a #23. Bennett fizzled after a Pro Bowl year and now he's a Raider. Maybe he'll be back?
                That's why I said screw it, and threw down for a throwback...#10 I got so sick of buying a jersey only to see the player leave a year or two later. I know Fran the Man will always be in Vikings immortality.

Comment

Originally posted by HandoEX View Post
                  That's why I said screw it, and threw down for a throwback...#10 I got so sick of buying a jersey only to see the player leave a year or two later. I know Fran the Man will always be in Vikings immortality.
                  Heck. I like the old jersey designs better anyway.

Sometimes I think I should get a Mike Mularkey jersey made. It'd qualify as 'truth in advertising' at any fantasy draft party.

Comment

This will just make Vikings fans more insufferable (says the Cowboys fan).
                    Originally posted by JackFan96
                    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by HandoEX View Post
                      Couldn't get a Tommy Kramer or Darrin Nelson jersey?

Comment

Or a #4 Manning? Archie, that is.
                        You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Not a Vikes fan at all but if you are and between 35 and 50 don't you almost have to own a Studwell Jersey? That is if you have to own one.

As far as Favre and Moss go they make the Vikes interesting to watch. That's about it for me.
                          "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                          -Leo Rosten

Comment

Working...
                          X