X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: D1 Pendulum Swinging Hard From Blue to Red

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
    That was the first State-U game ever played.

In alphabetical order:

North Dakota - North Dakota State - 1893?

Had been meaning to compile this list at some point in time and figured now is as good a time as any... SDSU & USD did it first.

First year of NDSU football. Played UND twice for our first undefeated season.

Comment

[QUOTE=Coyote_Fan;159561.... USD has not had a game where they were a significant favorite and ended up losing.[/QUOTE]

Let's see. Who has USD been favored against? One weak NAIA team. USD is not favored against good teams. NDSU kicked your backside without much trouble. Welcome back to reality.
      This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
        Let's see. Who has USD been favored against? One weak NAIA team. USD is not favored against good teams. NDSU kicked your backside without much trouble. Welcome back to reality.
        You forgot to mention that USD was the favorite at NDSU. The spread was something like 9 points.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
          You forgot to mention that USD was the favorite at NDSU. The spread was something like 9 points.
          No way. It was seriously USD -9? Good lord, why did no one tell me this. I would have jumped all over NDSU +9.
          Originally posted by JackFan96
          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

You sir, may need a better bookie.
            You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
              No way. It was seriously USD -9? Good lord, why did no one tell me this. I would have jumped all over NDSU +9.
              That's what I saw. If I was a gambling man, I would have taken that as well.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                Don't count your chickens.......................................... ....................
                I agree

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                  I want to read your gameday thread when you play the Huskers, because many of you are delusional enough to think you can play with them, and if they don't, I am positive you will crticize the hell out of your team and players. Prepare to get pasted.
                  How was the reading?

Did anyone take the bet that Minnesota would win more than 1 game this year? Maybe that wasn't your offer. One of the coyote fans offered that.

That said, regardless of how bad Minnesota is (I think they are worse this year than when NDSU beat them) a win at TCF for a FCS team in transition is a nice win. It sure doesn't swing any imaginary pendulums and neither does a "close loss" to a top 10 NU team by an upstart FBS program trying to find an identity after a shell shocking 4th quarter collapse in the playoffs one year ago.

The most important game for each program and it's players is the next game. Now, watch out for that pendulum!
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I think the swinging pendulum hit the coyotes in the face last Saturday.
                    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

• Re: D1 Pendulum Swinging Hard From Blue to Red

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                      That's what I saw. If I was a gambling man, I would have taken that as well.
                      NDSU was favored by 9, not USD.

Comment

Originally posted by HandoEX View Post
                        NDSU was favored by 9, not USD.
                        You're right, I read it wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                          How was the reading?

Did anyone take the bet that Minnesota would win more than 1 game this year? Maybe that wasn't your offer. One of the coyote fans offered that.

That said, regardless of how bad Minnesota is (I think they are worse this year than when NDSU beat them) a win at TCF for a FCS team in transition is a nice win. It sure doesn't swing any imaginary pendulums and neither does a "close loss" to a top 10 NU team by an upstart FBS program trying to find an identity after a shell shocking 4th quarter collapse in the playoffs one year ago.

The most important game for each program and it's players is the next game. Now, watch out for that pendulum!
                          I for one am amazed at how well you did, so my congrats to your team. I honestly didn't believe you could play within 14 anytime with Nebraska. I sincerely want to congratulate your team on what is a great job well done.

No one did take up my offer about Minnesota winning more than one game. The offer still exists, but it is more anxious on my end whether I can win that bet or not.

Lastly, I understand the pendelum comment, but I didn't make the original one on here. In all candor, I think we have done well in transition, but have a long long way to go. A couple of weeks ago when I blew up on here, I was angry that so many people dissed the U's win at Minnesota, but I was wrong doing so.

If and when we play, then the stage will be set for a great game. Until then, make hay off your fine performance Saturday and start winning some games.

Comment

I for one am amazed at how well you did, so my congrats to your team. I honestly didn't believe you could play within 14 anytime with Nebraska. I sincerely want to congratulate your team on what is a great job well done.

No one did take up my offer about Minnesota winning more than one game. The offer still exists, but it is more anxious on my end whether I can win that bet or not.

Lastly, I understand the pendelum comment, but I didn't make the original one on here. In all candor, I think we have done well in transition, but have a long long way to go. A couple of weeks ago when I blew up on here, I was angry that so many people dissed the U's win at Minnesota, but I was wrong doing so.

If and when we play, then the stage will be set for a great game. Until then, make hay off your fine performance Saturday and start winning some games.
                            How about we beat on if Minnesota goes to a Bowl game this year. I hear a lot of Yote fans talking about this Minnesota team is as good as last year's Bowl team, so how about it?

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
                              How about we beat on if Minnesota goes to a Bowl game this year. I hear a lot of Yote fans talking about this Minnesota team is as good as last year's Bowl team, so how about it?
                              I didn't see them play last year except on TV against Iowa State in bowl game, but my gut feeling is they aren't as good . They are not a good Big 10 football team. (but I never said they were....but they are Big 10)

Comment

I didn't see them play last year except on TV against Iowa State in bowl game, but my gut feeling is they aren't as good . They are not a good Big 10 football team. (but I never said they were....but they are Big 10)
                                No I think this year the Big Ten are:

Wisconsin
                                Michigan State
                                Michigan
                                Penn State
                                Ohio State
                                Indiana
                                Purdue
                                Northwestern
                                Illinois
                                Iowa

Minnesota is the 11th team and is, therefore, not one of the Big Ten. This year it gets to be:

*Plus Minnesota.

Comment

Working...
                                X