X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: D1 Pendulum Swinging Hard From Blue to Red

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
    Calling one out on a computer with ficticious name is one thing. Call one out in a bar in Brookings this winter and everyone with you can watch you get your a$$ kicked.

Try it
    You are missing the point. This is a MESSAGE BOARD!

Comment

It is going to take more than a possible down year for SDSU football and an up year from the yotes for any pendulum to "swing hard." SDSU is still way ahead In both men's and women's basketball, softball, baseball, wrestling, and soccer. If the u starts to compete and have success in those sports, then this conversation can arise. Until then, it just reeks of front running fans.
      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
        I haven't smacked the SDSU message board for months but with the way so many SDSU fans snub their nose at virtually everything makes it way too difficult to not smack it up a bit at times like these. Many fans of both SDSU and NDSU thumb their noses at D2 despite their roots being so wrapped around the D2 game. D2 and the NCC is what gave these new programs to D1 the foundation to do the things like what NDSU and USD did to Minnesota on their home field.

I find that the lesser amount of respect that is given to the opponents (even if they are considered inferior) the more that the upsets come full circle and the more they hurt when it happens to those that show such little respect. Minnesota fans were treating the Coyotes like a glorified high school team, wondering whether Minnesota would win by 35 or 56. They totally discounted that USD came from the exact same place that both NDSU and SDSU came from before going D1. Considering the shape of the Minnesota's football program I don't think their fans really have a moral right to look down on anyone.

I see a clear difference between a good number of Jacks fans and a good number of Coyotes fans.

I see Jacks fans as wanting to completely forget about their roots in D2. I look at compacency in many situations including totally blowing off USD as a non factor to the highest pedastals of college athletics in the region. I look at SDSU fans as those that believe that just because they are D1 that everything is a completely different game all together. They don't respect D2 teams, don't think D2's could truley compete with them anymore because of their magical "D1" Status. Not all Jacks fans, just more of them than what is probably good for the program.

I look at USD fans very comfortable in their own skin. Realising that being in D1 is a priviledge and looked upon as a priviledge and not a "Right". I look at USD fans as respectfull of all levels and definately not forgetfull of where they came from. As a Coyote fan I didn't look at Northwest Oklahoma State as an inferior opponents but one that could come in and give USD real trouble if they weren't ready. Whether true or not, whether NWOS was worthy is beyound the point.

I think a chosen kind of attitude can translate onto the field. How could SDSU possibly lose to Wisconsin-LaCrosse? Maybe it's because they didn't take them seriously but also maybe because Wisconsin-LaCrosse was much closer to their level then many Jack's fans wanted to give them credit for.

At the game on Saturday I saw a USD team that took NWOS every bit as seriously as they should take a fellow D1 FCS opponent. I did not see the Yotes overlooking them, I did not see a sense of compacency and I certainly didn't see USD not respecting their place in College Athletics where they currently reside. I senced it from the team and from the fans.

Did SDSU fans feel the same way against LaCrosse? Did SDSU fans think that simply being "D1" was going to be enough alone to win the game. Did they stand on their feet and cheer every play against LaCrosse or even against Illinios State on Saturday. I wasn't there so I can't say but I will say that USD fans are truley appreciative of the state of the football program.

I respect all opponents that USD plays. USD respects all their opponents as well and maybe that explains why Meierkort doesn't suffer losses to teams that USD should be favored over. Maybe because USD takes the attitute that their opponent is worthy.

I am a Gopher fan from days past but maybe the U or M, SDSU and NDSU fans shouldn't be so quick to blow off the legitimacy of those who they are playing.

So next time USD is playing SDSU will the Jacks win the game because "they went D1 first". Do SDSU fans go to the UNC message boards and thank the UNC athletic department for the vision they showed in going to D1. Do SDSU fans thank NDSU for showing at least a much if not more vision than SDSU in moving up. Ask yourself that question. Did you thank UNC for leading the way to D1 because they went first. Ask yourself another question, do you expect USD fans to thank SDSU for moving to D1 first. The point is that in anything that you do you will naturally be a follower or a leader by chance.

If you had respected your opponents like you should you wouldn't suffer what many would consider shocking upsets, and it also isn't such a shock that USD as an athletic department has already caught SDSU in the major sports. The longer you live in denial the more the losses will sting and the less the wins will come with true satisfaction. Like I said before not all SDSU fans can be grouped like this, just a trend that I have noticed.

you make yourself sound like the perfect example of a great coyote fan. but i and everyone else here has read some of your posts on your board, some that made me believe you were going suicidal. practice what you preach. had you not beaten the gophers it would have been another 3 months before we would have heard from you.

Comment

Lets see if we can make your sophomoric screed a bit more concise. "I'm upset because I feel disrespected." That about sum it up?

I haven't smacked the SDSU message board for months but with the way so many SDSU fans snub their nose at virtually everything makes it way too difficult to not smack it up a bit at times like these. Many fans of both SDSU and NDSU thumb their noses at D2 despite their roots being so wrapped around the D2 game. D2 and the NCC is what gave these new programs to D1 the foundation to do the things like what NDSU and USD did to Minnesota on their home field.

I find that the lesser amount of respect that is given to the opponents (even if they are considered inferior) the more that the upsets come full circle and the more they hurt when it happens to those that show such little respect. Minnesota fans were treating the Coyotes like a glorified high school team, wondering whether Minnesota would win by 35 or 56. They totally discounted that USD came from the exact same place that both NDSU and SDSU came from before going D1. Considering the shape of the Minnesota's football program I don't think their fans really have a moral right to look down on anyone.

I see a clear difference between a good number of Jacks fans and a good number of Coyotes fans.

I see Jacks fans as wanting to completely forget about their roots in D2. I look at compacency in many situations including totally blowing off USD as a non factor to the highest pedastals of college athletics in the region. I look at SDSU fans as those that believe that just because they are D1 that everything is a completely different game all together. They don't respect D2 teams, don't think D2's could truley compete with them anymore because of their magical "D1" Status. Not all Jacks fans, just more of them than what is probably good for the program.

I look at USD fans very comfortable in their own skin. Realising that being in D1 is a priviledge and looked upon as a priviledge and not a "Right". I look at USD fans as respectfull of all levels and definately not forgetfull of where they came from. As a Coyote fan I didn't look at Northwest Oklahoma State as an inferior opponents but one that could come in and give USD real trouble if they weren't ready. Whether true or not, whether NWOS was worthy is beyound the point.

I think a chosen kind of attitude can translate onto the field. How could SDSU possibly lose to Wisconsin-LaCrosse? Maybe it's because they didn't take them seriously but also maybe because Wisconsin-LaCrosse was much closer to their level then many Jack's fans wanted to give them credit for.

At the game on Saturday I saw a USD team that took NWOS every bit as seriously as they should take a fellow D1 FCS opponent. I did not see the Yotes overlooking them, I did not see a sense of compacency and I certainly didn't see USD not respecting their place in College Athletics where they currently reside. I senced it from the team and from the fans.

Did SDSU fans feel the same way against LaCrosse? Did SDSU fans think that simply being "D1" was going to be enough alone to win the game. Did they stand on their feet and cheer every play against LaCrosse or even against Illinios State on Saturday. I wasn't there so I can't say but I will say that USD fans are truley appreciative of the state of the football program.

I respect all opponents that USD plays. USD respects all their opponents as well and maybe that explains why Meierkort doesn't suffer losses to teams that USD should be favored over. Maybe because USD takes the attitute that their opponent is worthy.

I am a Gopher fan from days past but maybe the U or M, SDSU and NDSU fans shouldn't be so quick to blow off the legitimacy of those who they are playing.

So next time USD is playing SDSU will the Jacks win the game because "they went D1 first". Do SDSU fans go to the UNC message boards and thank the UNC athletic department for the vision they showed in going to D1. Do SDSU fans thank NDSU for showing at least a much if not more vision than SDSU in moving up. Ask yourself that question. Did you thank UNC for leading the way to D1 because they went first. Ask yourself another question, do you expect USD fans to thank SDSU for moving to D1 first. The point is that in anything that you do you will naturally be a follower or a leader by chance.

If you had respected your opponents like you should you wouldn't suffer what many would consider shocking upsets, and it also isn't such a shock that USD as an athletic department has already caught SDSU in the major sports. The longer you live in denial the more the losses will sting and the less the wins will come with true satisfaction. Like I said before not all SDSU fans can be grouped like this, just a trend that I have noticed.
          You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
            I'm sure they will be terrified by playing in such a big time environment. It's unfortunate that USD couldn't have played some bigger schools at the beginning of the year to prepare themselves for the Fargo Dome.
            Seriously? You are comparing the morgue that is TCF with the Fargo Dome? I think you need to go out on the road more.

Comment

Yotes, nice crowd for the home opener, I can see how the big win over the Gophers really helped fire up Yote nation - ha ha. Even with the way they give away tickets and USD's funny accounting they only reported 8,769 in the Dakota dump. It is kinda sad, really. First home game of the season, biggest win in the programs history and that is all you got. Not good.

I hear Tuesday may be another bad day for our rose colored glasses pals

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
                Seriously? You are comparing the morgue that is TCF with the Fargo Dome? I think you need to go out on the road more.
                Yeah I saw the Fargo Dome crowd against SDSU 2 years ago. I was terrified...
                Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Was the use of the word "idiot" directed towards me?
                  Of course it wasn't. JackMD's use of the word "idiot" was connected with the comment about seeing what was called the "D1 Pendulum Swinging Hard". You didn't make that comment: the party who started this thread made that comment. I read MD's comment as not directed at any particular person. It was in the vein of comments like "a child could see..." or "any person with one ounce of sense would know..." and if the reader thinks that's being directed at them, they need to pause and ask if there is a reason another person would make such a suggestion.

Doc asked a good question: Just what is a D1 Pendulum? [This isn't the first time CoyoteFan messed with his metaphors -- he's come up with some that are hilarious, almost to the point I've thought he was clever. Almost.]

As another poster noted, one could expect a coyote or two to get on this board and take a few whacks at the Jacks based on the way the Jacks played yesterday. Keep in mind there wasn't a single Jackrabbit fan yesterday who was pleased with the game. It didn't take the brilliant coyote mind of Coyotefan to point out the Jacks didn't play well. The poor play of SDSU was noteworthy because of what the program has become and what we expect it to be.

And on the subject of fans expressing disgust: Attendance at the game, a disappointing 12,400+, included a few -- and it was just a very few -- who let their emotions get away and expressed disgust for what was happening on the field. [By the way, I can attest to being in the Dakota Dome hearing USD fans boo their team and yell at the coach. You see, Coyotefan, Coach Austin is a personal friend of mine. In my view, SDSU fans are probably a little better on the booing scale than USD fans and with my having degrees from both places and having attended sporting events at both places, I'd bet I am in a much better position to comment than many USD fans.]

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
                    Yeah I saw the Fargo Dome crowd against SDSU 2 years ago. I was terrified...

i was at an iowa/gopher game in the metrodome about 5 yrs ago and if it wasnt for the 30000 hawkeye fans there, you could of heard a pin drop.

Comment

I was at the Minn v USD game. The Minnesota crowd was very quiet. They're obviously very disappointed in their team and their coaching staff. A common MN fan comment after the game was "thanks for helping us get rid of the coach."

I was at the SDSU v. MN game last year. The Minnesota crowd was a little livelier in that game but it still didn't approach the noise level of the last two SDSU v NDSU games in Fargo. Now, whether the NDSU fans will make noise during the USD game remains to be seen. If they want to be loud, they can be.

Comment

Holier-than-thou post of the year right there.
                        Give me a break CF. We've all witnessed your rambling, drunk, incoherent posts over the on the now defunct yotieboard for the past 4-5 years. You've single-handedly called out more 18-23 year olds and coaches than 4-5 fanboards combined. Most of the time your fellow posters wish and wonder if your not medicated and if not, why your not.

Do us all a favor and come back in another 5-6 months and take yoteforever with you...I think he/she was actually crying in some of his/her posts(just not getting enough respect). BTW...Make sure you share the Ambien with each other.

Go Jacks!!
                        SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                          Holier-than-thou post of the year right there.
                          Give me a break CF. We've all witnessed your rambling, drunk, incoherent posts over the on the now defunct yotieboard for the past 4-5 years. You've single-handedly called out more 18-23 year olds and coaches than 4-5 fanboards combined. Most of the time your fellow posters wish and wonder if your not medicated and if not, why your not.

Do us all a favor and come back in another 5-6 months and take yoteforever with you...I think he/she was actually crying in some of his/her posts(just not getting enough respect). BTW...Make sure you share the Ambien with each other.

Go Jacks!!
                          Excuse me?

Comment

Excuse me?
                            Did you burp?

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                              Of course it wasn't. JackMD's use of the word "idiot" was connected with the comment about seeing what was called the "D1 Pendulum Swinging Hard". You didn't make that comment: the party who started this thread made that comment. I read MD's comment as not directed at any particular person. It was in the vein of comments like "a child could see..." or "any person with one ounce of sense would know..." and if the reader thinks that's being directed at them, they need to pause and ask if there is a reason another person would make such a suggestion.

Doc asked a good question: Just what is a D1 Pendulum? [This isn't the first time CoyoteFan messed with his metaphors -- he's come up with some that are hilarious, almost to the point I've thought he was clever. Almost

As another poster noted, one could expect a coyote or two to get on this board and take a few whacks at the Jacks based on the way the Jacks played yesterday. Keep in mind there wasn't a single Jackrabbit fan yesterday who was pleased with the game. It didn't take the brilliant coyote mind of Coyotefan to point out the Jacks didn't play well. The poor play of SDSU was noteworthy because of what the program has become and what we expect it to be.

And on the subject of fans expressing disgust: Attendance at the game, a disappointing 12,400+, included a few -- and it was just a very few -- who let their emotions get away and expressed disgust for what was happening on the field. [By the way, I can attest to being in the Dakota Dome hearing USD fans boo their team and yell at the coach. You see, Coyotefan, Coach Austin is a personal friend of mine. In my view, SDSU fans are probably a little better on the booing scale than USD fans and with my having degrees from both places and having attended sporting events at both places, I'd bet I am in a much better position to comment than many USD fans.]

JackJD it is interesting to know John Austin is a good friend of yours. He is also a great friend of mine, and was in my wedding. John was the recipient of alot of negative boos and comments. I understand the fan base in Brookings is frustrated, you have every reason to be. Last year was awesome, and expectations were high. And as Doc has told me many times (and at times I forget), this is indeed your board, and the vast majority of posters on here hate the Coyotes. Last week I had my explosion on here andonly because I forgot this is indeed the Bunny Board. I came across wrong, but there were several posters that made wild accusations that were absurd. I lost it....but I still like bantering about sports and our board isn't that good yet, so I will hope that I can continue on here. I believe it is Propar that wants me gone but I think deep down he still wants to fight on here, so I;ll stay for the time being.

The pendelum point to me is irrelevant. Both sides can have ficticious arguments at where we are at at certain points in our respective programs, and if you like to fight, then you can carry it on from there. But until we play in ALL sports, and that is unlikely for the time being, then to compare is nothing more than "he said-she said" type bantering.

The truth of the matter is USD has a pretty damn explosive football team. Can they stop anyone? Not yet we haven't. The truth of the matter is SDSU had a great season in 2009. Can they get back on track for 2010 soon, I don't know. They haven't yet. You can argue back and forth till the cows come home (that's for you State fans), but until the game is actually played, it is meaningless.

Although I lashed out last week, I am still impressed with what you have done overall as a sports department. Football was awesome last year. Your womens basketball program is outstanding. And although you have had ups and downs in mens basketball, I did witness first hand your beating of Iowa State.

I know you aren't happy with how the Jacks played yesterday, but that is the game of football. Your team could unload on the next FCS opponent ou play and kick the crap out of them. We could go to Fargo and get beat by 20, or we could win by 20....I seriously don't know. But rather than shooting poison tipped arrows at each other, maybe the rhetoric should be to calm down and both teams get better.

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
                                Did you burp?
                                I did............excuse me

Comment

Working...
                                X