Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Coyotes Now Ahead of The Jacks!

Originally posted by Quadriga View Post
    I really did not think that I would be coming on here quite this soon in the 'transition' but it is quite apparent after the Big Win by the Coyotes over Minnesota today that they are considerably farther ahead of State at this point than where the Jacks were.

You can also make a pretty serious case for the Yotes being ahead of the Jacks right now considering the performance put up by the boys from Brookings today.

It won't take long now for the Coyotes to officially become South Dakota's TEAM!
    Team 605.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Hate to bring facts to a s***t fight but here we go.

After 3 years of transition USD's record against D-I competition 7-17, SDSU's 13-13. You would think this would be enough said but I know it won't so I'll go one step further to ice the cake.

While EWU coming in as the #1 team was a nice win and I won't minimize it at all. The number 1 ranking is based on last year not this year. In year 4 of transition during week 11 of the season the #1/#2 ranked and undefeated NDSU Bison came into Brookings and were defeated. If EWU is top 5 at the end of the year then I'd give that victory the same weight.
      "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
      -Leo Rosten

Comment

As a USD fan I don't think we have passed anyone. It was a great game and hope they can keep moving forward to have a successful season by winning the Great West. The Yotes have had a somewhat rough first three years of transition but games like Saturday show glimmers of a possible change. I applaud SDSU for their first three years of transition but how many of those games were against FBS schools, not non scholly schools (especially Valpo) and not non transitional schools (UNC, Cal poly, SUU, NDSU, UC Davis)?

I do wish your team the best this year and would like to see you win the MVFC.
        Southern Pecan

2001 Nissan Exterra....no A/C and north of 120k

Comment

I gave sdsu credit for the transitional schools as i did usd. There was only 1 win against a non scholarship team. Suu was not a transitional school.

Also, in the 3rd year of transition SDSU beat the #4 ranked Cal-Poly at their house and the #16 ranked UC Davis at home.
          Last edited by EQguy; 09-12-2011, 02:14 PM. Reason: added data
          "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
          -Leo Rosten

Comment

Working...
          X