Minnesota Twins 2010 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota Twins 2010 Season Thread

i thought the home plate umpire was terrible but i thought he made bad calls for both teams. berkmans should have been called out on strikes but a pitch or two before that the ump called a strike that looked inside. berkman said the ump was calling them inside all night. umpires call different corners. the batter has to adjust to what the umpire is calling. it happens in amatuer and legion baseball too. mango can tell you that.

Comment

In my last reply on this thread for the year, I hate the Yankees. For those of you who thought the Yankees were ripe for the taking by the Twins and would rather have played them than the Rays, wrong, wrong, wrong. Me and 8 of my friends could put in the pinstripes and play the Twins and beat them. The pinstripes just make them puke all over themselves, especially at the plate.

I hate the Yankees.

Comment

The entire pitching staff totally went in the tank after they clinched the division. The offense was up and down,but they scored 10 runs two or three times and still lost - that had to be demoralizing to the whole team.

Comment

My brother almost stayed home to watch the Twins rather than coming with me to the Jackrabbit game. But my dad stayed home to watch the Twins.

Brother was glad I convinced him otherwise. Dad was mad at the Twins. Talk about a predictable series.
          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
            I wonder what it will take to get Gardy some mention for manager of the year? With all the injuries that they have had, besides Morneau, it has been an amazing year. I wonder when the last time they started the same fielders (other than switching Mauer for Butera at catcher for Pavano's sake) for a week in a row was? In May?
            Looks like the past season was enough
            You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Pretty good prognostication on my part, I don't mind saying. I posted that in July.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Yep you picked it. IMO it was much overdue.

For you Vikings fans, this is how a pro organization should be run.
                You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
                  Yep you picked it. IMO it was much overdue.

For you Vikings fans, this is how a pro organization should be run.
                  You got that right. I've pretty much givin up on the Vikes. But I was overjoyed when I heard that Leslie Frasier was the new coach and Childress was FINALLY gone. :P
                  Great moments are born from great opportunities.
                  ---Herb Brooks

Comment

Originally posted by Madi V:)Mitchell View Post
                    You got that right. I've pretty much givin up on the Vikes. But I was overjoyed when I heard that Leslie Frasier was the new coach and Childress was FINALLY gone. :P

Well... you could become a packer fan.. we'd be glad to have ya!

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                      Well... you could become a packer fan.. we'd be glad to have ya!
                      Yeah um...in your dreams.! Ha ha. We'd be glad to have you.....we could use some support. :P
                      ---Herb Brooks

Comment

Isn't it 2011 now? Do we need a new thread?

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                          Eh...I guess you could. No big deal to me.....
                          ---Herb Brooks

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                            Good suggestion! Start up an 11 thread guys!

Comment

Working...
                            X