Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota Twins 2010 Season Thread

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
    I'm trying to figure out a way to get my wife to stay home with the kids while I skip work and go to the Thursday game without her being upset. I can't think of anything. I still think I should go.
    Cost of the playoff trip x 2 for the fun factor x # of kids you leave behind = spousal peace.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Find someone to take the little ones for an overnight and bring your spouse along to the Cities. Peace and harmony for all.
      You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

And probably cheaper than the formula I proposed.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
          Find someone to take the little ones for an overnight and bring your spouse along to the Cities. Peace and harmony for all.
          That's what she said. I'd be more than willing if she knew more than 2 of the players names and what a fielder's choice is. It will be a quick trip up and back the same day and her motivation for attending sporting events is to "people watch" and spend time with her wonderful husband, of course. Don't get me wrong, I think that's great but......well no use trying to explain.

I suspect I'll be making a phone call to the grandparents or watching the game on TV.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Marital peace and saving money. Run with it MD!
            You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

That's what she said. I'd be more than willing if she knew more than 2 of the players names and what a fielder's choice is. It will be a quick trip up and back the same day and her motivation for attending sporting events is to "people watch" and spend time with her wonderful husband, of course. Don't get me wrong, I think that's great but......well no use trying to explain.

I suspect I'll be making a phone call to the grandparents or watching the game on TV.

you gotta start somewhere with your wife. she'll never learn if you dont take her. my wife knew nothing about football but had to learn when our kids started playing. she's almost an expert now although i still have to explain a few things to her

Comment

Nicollet Mall? It would do it for my spouse.

Comment

**** the ****ing Yankees.
                  Originally posted by JackFan96
                  Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I figured Crain would find his gas can before the playoffs.
                    @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                    --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Wish the Twins would get the same strikezone as the Yankees.

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post

It happened tonight to huh? Last night Sabathia was getting the outside called all night...Liriano couldn't buy a called strike out there.

I HATE the yankees.
                        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
                          **** the ****ing Yankees.
                          Times 2!

Comment

Stick a fork in them, they are done.

I'm so sick of watching this team losing to the ****ing Yankees. Some one grow a pair and do something. Mauer, I'm looking at you.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                              Stick a fork in them, they are done.

I'm so sick of watching this team losing to the ****ing Yankees. Some one grow a pair and do something. Mauer, I'm looking at you.
                              Or Morn...oh wait.

He's not playing in the playoffs...again.
                              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post
                                Even the guys on Baseball Tonight said it was BS.

I am sick of tired of these umps flat out blwoing calls that affect games and then being so defiant and arrogant about it and throwing managers out of games and doing so w/ excessive body language and attitude. I never thought I would say this but bring on instant replay in MLB!

Comment

Working...
                                X