Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota Twins 2010 Season Thread

Originally posted by pepbandalum View Post
    Wow, whatever adjustment Crain has made this season it's been huge for the Twins
    The handle on the gas can he used to carry with him broke.
    @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
    --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Heard Crain talking a while back and he said that he compared video from when he was going good to when he was going bad. Found a couple very minor mechanical adjustments and things started working again.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Listening to ESPN Radio out of Chicago on Thursday one of the radio announcements went as such "7:00 tonight on ESPN 1000 is the funeral for the White Sox". I laughed. I love it. I'm just shocked Ozzie didn't get thrown out that whole series. I didn't think there was any way he'd stay in a whole game if the Twins swept.

Bring on the Rays...please. Go Yankees. I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
          Listening to ESPN Radio out of Chicago on Thursday one of the radio announcements went as such "7:00 tonight on ESPN 1000 is the funeral for the White Sox". I laughed. I love it. I'm just shocked Ozzie didn't get thrown out that whole series. I didn't think there was any way he'd stay in a whole game if the Twins swept.

Bring on the Rays...please. Go Yankees. I just threw up in my mouth a little.
          You don't know Ozzie very well. Most only know him through major media sound bites etc. Ozzie is a smart a** at times no doubt but he manages the game with great integrity and he gives the utmost respect to his opponents. He called Gardenhire after the game to give congrats, he is always and has always been complimentary of the Twins organization. Check how many times White Sox players have been beaned this year. Ozzie, rarely has his pitchers throw at opposing teams to retaliate. Some would say that's a weakness, I do think he told Mark Buerhle to hit Cuddyer but it was all handled the way it's supposed to.
          The Twins deserve their division win but the Sox have been professional, courteous, and respectful all year. Konerko, epitomizes this, getting hit in the face with a pitch, next at bat homers, next day says he didn't think Pavano was throwing at him. How many other teams or players play with that type of integrity. You may like to dis the Sox but just like the Twins, they play the way your supposed to.

Comment

Minnesota Twins, 2010 Central Division Champions.

Now, maybe this year they can win in the playoffs.
            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

they need to get the home field to have any chance, i think. they were 2-4 against the yankees and 1-6 against the rays. they'll be playing one of them in the alds.

Comment

As long as the Twins dont completely fall apart, they should open up at home against the Rays. As the Rays have dropped a couple games to the Yankees and now trail by 2.5 games. I hope the Rays win the East and we can open up at home vs the Yankees. Our best shot I believe would be a short series at home vs the Bronx Bombers. We were 2-4 against the Yanks and those games were early and we were 3-5 vs the Rays with those games being in the middle of the season.

Comment

They're 3-5 against Tampa for the year, but only 1-3 at home.

Personally I think the Twins would fare better against the Rays in the first round, but then they have to hope Cliff Lee can take out the Yankees. I'm convinced they are still psyched out by the Bombers, even though they finally beat them this year. Josh Hamilton with broken ribs isn't going to help Texas against NY, though.

The Twins have dominated Texas at home (not so much there). But they would have home field (brrrrr) against Texas. That's the ideal ALCS.

Comment

When the Twins were going through their rough times before the All-Star break,who would have believed they would have the best record in all of baseball on Sept. 23rd ?

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                      When the Twins were going through their rough times before the All-Star break,who would have believed they would have the best record in all of baseball on Sept. 23rd ?
                      No kidding, especially with Morneau out the entire 2nd half.

See what happens when Punto doesn't play..the Twins win.
                      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

I'm a little surprised they have the best record in baseball, but not surprised that they won the Central. They easily have the best roster in the division as I said in the first post in this thread
                        Originally posted by JackFan96
                        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

The 'virtual waiting room' for postseason tickets finally panned out for me today (for the first time ever). If the ALDS goes 5 games, I'll be at Target Field for the clincher!
                          "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

My optimistic thoughts towards the postseason are spiraling downhill in a hurry. Can they quit giving up 10+ runs per game? I'd feel better if they were losing 2-1 because I know the lineup has been in shambles for over a week. I can't imagine that the starting pitchers have mailed it in. I would think they would want to stay sharp.

They could have easily clinched home field by now. It's good the Yankees and Rays have not played well in the last week either which gives some hope, but if the starting pitching is going to be this poor against either of of those two, it's first round and done...again.

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
                              My optimistic thoughts towards the postseason are spiraling downhill in a hurry. Can they quit giving up 10+ runs per game? I'd feel better if they were losing 2-1 because I know the lineup has been in shambles for over a week. I can't imagine that the starting pitchers have mailed it in. I would think they would want to stay sharp.

They could have easily clinched home field by now. It's good the Yankees and Rays have not played well in the last week either which gives some hope, but if the starting pitching is going to be this poor against either of of those two, it's first round and done...again.
                              I'm not too worried. Liriano can turn it on. This year is the year (they get past the first round)
                              Originally posted by JackFan96
                              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I'm trying to figure out a way to get my wife to stay home with the kids while I skip work and go to the Thursday game without her being upset. I can't think of anything. I still think I should go.
                                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                                X