Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota Twins 2010 Season Thread

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
    Another reason why I like outdoor baseball: tonight's game had a hawk sitting on top of the right field foul pole.
    Twins lose to Baltimore. The bird watching was better than the final score. The hawk was a kestrel, classified as a falcon. They're small and it would be unusual for a kestrel to hunt a bird as large as a Baltimore Oriole. For the next game, lets have a mature red-tailed hawk sitting on the foul pole. They eat other birds (like Orioles).

Next time you're driving down or up I-29, look for kestrels sitting on the road signs. They easily adapt to human encroachment. Watertown's zoo had a kestrel in a large exhibit (room to fly) and he was quite tame: would hang on the fence and one could get very close to him.
    Last edited by JackJD; 05-06-2010, 08:56 PM.

Comment

I hate to quibble with you, but Bert called it a hawk and given his experience with birds and Twins fans, I think we should call it a hawk.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

I hate to quibble with you, but Bert called it a hawk and given his experience with birds and Twins fans, I think we should call it a hawk.
        the kestrel in question at tonight's twin game (who spent most of it perched on the top of the right field foul pole) spent most of it hunting down and eating tasty, little moths. he looked quite content with himself by the end of the game.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lWpFK64zhE

Yeah buddy.

Edit: Video just got taken down. Sad day. It was the White Sox announcer's dead silence after Thome's HR last night.

Not as good as the original: http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/vide...78818&c_id=cws
          Last edited by RabbitObsessed; 08-18-2010, 10:22 AM.
          Originally posted by JackFan96
          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

The American kestrel is commonly known as the sparrow hawk.

Comment

The Twins head into Chicago with a chance to drive a nail into the Sox coffin.Winning just 1 of the 3 gives a 5 game lead with only 16 to play,and no more head to head games.

Comment

... I don't think Thome will be much of a factor, he may hit into more double plays than homers, ...
                Could I have been more wrong?

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

hehe.

That's some serious crow mang.
                  "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

I, for one, am really, really glad you were wrong. As I am equally glad that the W. Sox were so wrong about Manny -- last I saw, 0 extra base hits/0 RBI, since coming over from L.A.
                    @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                    --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

I wonder what it will take to get Gardy some mention for manager of the year? With all the injuries that they have had, besides Morneau, it has been an amazing year. I wonder when the last time they started the same fielders (other than switching Mauer for Butera at catcher for Pavano's sake) for a week in a row was? In May?

Comment

Twins will have to go thru the Yankees, Rays, or both to geto the WS. Gardy is usually in the discussion for Manager of the Year. If he takes them to the WS thru those teams it will be a lock.

Twins up 4-3 against the Sox in the 7th.
                        You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

BTW, Manny struck out with bases loaded. Sox fans are booing him. whether the Twins win this game or not, that was fun to watch.
                          You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Twins abuse Sox 9-3. For all puposes season over for Sox.

A good way to end the day.

Comment

If the Twins go 9-9 the last 18,the White Sux need to go 16-2 to tie ! It was amazing to see the fans cramming the exits after their CF dropped that fly ball with the bases loaded.

Comment

Wow, whatever adjustment Crain has made this season it's been huge for the Twins

Comment

Working...
                                X