Is Manning best ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is Manning best ever?

That was an unbelievable pass. First I thought, "How the heck could that have happened!!!" Then I thought, "I wonder if he threw that pass 9 more times would he get one more completion. Probably not, but he only needed it once and he got it there."

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

PER THE TITLE OF THIS THREAD...SIMPLY PUT, NO.

Comment

Nope

Comment

payton is the best of all time...because each year the level of play increases ever so slightly...he is in complete control of his team on the offensive side of the ball and there is not a single quarterback i'd take over him to have the ball to drive for the winnning touchdown

Comment

Originally posted by drleiferman View Post
            payton is the best of all time...because each year the level of play increases ever so slightly...he is in complete control of his team on the offensive side of the ball and there is not a single quarterback i'd take over him to have the ball to drive for the winnning touchdown
            ...did you watch the Super Bowl? Manning is great, but arguing against Montana as best ever is like arguing against Jordan as best ever in BB...pointless.
            "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

very uncaracteristic of manning...i'm also a 49ers fan so i'd have to give it up to hims as well...the origional record holder and so much history with him

Comment

you are completely correct...manning has some decent players around him but no one amazing...the patriots had a better defense than their offense.....montana and elway were both leaders....just had a few bigger names to throw to

Comment

What about Brett Favre? I mean look at his stats from this year. He had arguably one of his better seasons at the age of 40 none the less. Now im not saying he was the best this year, but until manning takes over all the records that favre holds...he shouldnt be considered the best in my opinion

Comment

farve gets the award for tough nosing it and being a decent overall player for so long...i believe it was only 2 weeks after he got the record for touchdowns he also set the record for interceptions...a truly great efficient quarterback would not hold that record no matter how long they have played

Comment

I'd vote Favre as most overrated QB of all time...go look at his playoff stats, not great. He is tough, displayed by his longevity...but if anyone truly thinks he is the best ever, they need to see a therapist.
                      "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
                        Some years they had better teams around them then Manning had this year, and some years Manning had better teams around him than they did. It never is that absolute.
                        Agreed, Manning has had some really good teams, don't they have the best record over the last decade?

Best ever arguments are tough to judge over the years. Every era is different and Manning may be the best in the last 10 years. As for the Super Bowl criteria, that one is only a consideration in my mind.

Comment

Working...
                        X