Is Manning best ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is Manning best ever?

My point was not to quit whining and get over it. My point was that the success of the Saints, at most, has an indirect affect on the recovery of NO. Really, how much did the victory help most people in the city in their day to day lives?

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

1. Brady
      2. Unitas
      3. Montana
      4. Marino
      5. Aikman

in response to 'whining' over the saints/katrina, etc. Did they riot last night?

Comment

How about Joe Kapp?

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
          My point was not to quit whining and get over it. My point was that the success of the Saints, at most, has an indirect affect on the recovery of NO. Really, how much did the victory help most people in the city in their day to day lives?
          Probably not much in terms of one victory, but I would think the Saints success this season would give the ordinary people something to cheer about and maybe lift their spirits. Maybe the business community no doubt sees the current season success as a chance to try new business ventures more specifically those that might be tied to the Super Dome and NFL games. I picked the Saints in a family pickem poll, but never once sat down to watch one of their games. My picks were also based on the NFL Power Rankings and experts seem to see the Saints as a winning football team. Last night was the first that I seen the Saints play. I did not watch the Vikings-Saints game, but heard and read all the comments about the Viks choking their super bowl chances. After last night I think the Vikings were beaten by a very good team called the Saints. They look pretty solid to me and the most unimpressive to me was the play of Payton Manning. Manning needs to partner with Brett Favre in his bakery making turnovers.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
            More drift here, I get your point about our Dakota folks, and I think the big difference between the Red River Floods and New Orleans, is that New Orleans seems to have leviees and what not to protect them from our spring runoffs from ND to LA, again the Dams in the Dakotas might be helping NO out some, but when a hurricane strikes, half of the ocean comes ashore and it appears NO was no where prepared for Katrina nor its magitude. This makes me a big believer in diversions, dams and anything that will prevent flooding and protect homes of people like that lady I met on Saturday. She seem to be very ordinary so I doubt she lost a manison, but for sure she lost her home. I would hope that this franchise called Saints will give entrepeneurers incentives to rebuild NO and give new economic life to the area. The government can do so much. and though these homes may not be rebuilt in the fourth quarter, I do think with continued sucess of the Saints NFL wins, it might give life in New Orleans a transfusion.

How many home games in NO will sell out next season? I would think a bunch. Its a start of economic recovery, but not all of it.
            I would say the thing New Orleans should have done was build the city above sea level.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
              Getting off topic here, but I feel this post should not go unchallenged. Saturday I met a lady from New Orleans who relocated to Sioux Falls because of Katrina. She was wearing her Saints Jersey and very confident that the Saints would win. She told me she lost everything including two pets who were very dear to her. She mention the Banquet in Sioux Falls that gave her the first placed to live in SF and how they help her find a new job and later a husband since she apparently worked fast food and worked the drive up window. She no doubt went through a great deal and may be one of the lucky ones. If Arlington were to be under water and all my belongings lost, I would have a hard time getting my life back. So dont be a pain about the New Orleans folks, they have had a very difficult time.

EP, if I am not mistaken, you have Brownsville or maybe Auburn, Nebraska in your profile. Be gratiful also for the dams on the Missouri river located in the Dakotas as in the 1950's Brownsvile and that area was often under water in the spring time.

I'm not talking about the people affected by Katrina. They aren't milking it out. They legitimately have a reason to keep bringing it up. I truely do feel for those people.

I was talking about the Saints organization. I'm just tired of hearing of those two in the same discussion. The whole sympathy for the Saints organization was just getting to old. My cut off time for things like that are 5 years after said event or until they make a championship event, whichever comes first. So you can take that event as the NFC championship game against the Bears or this Super Bowl. I just happened to take it at the NFC championship game against the Bears. The Saints have been something nice for those who were affected to rally around and get away for a bit on what has happened to them. But there comes a point for those outside where you just get tired of hearing about it everytime the Saints are brought up. There is a certain point where the media has to move on from it. I hope that point has come.

And yes the Browville are still floods from time and time still. Worst part is the access road to the nuclear power plant get the worst of it. But I'm not originally from around here. I'm originally from Arlington, SD.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                How about Joe Kapp?
                Did you know Joe Kapp was Cal's coach during 'The Play'?

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post
                  I'm not talking about the people affected by Katrina. They aren't milking it out. They legitimately have a reason to keep bringing it up. I truely do feel for those people.

I was talking about the Saints organization. I'm just tired of hearing of those two in the same discussion. The whole sympathy for the Saints organization was just getting to old. My cut off time for things like that are 5 years after said event or until they make a championship event, whichever comes first. So you can take that event as the NFC championship game against the Bears or this Super Bowl. I just happened to take it at the NFC championship game against the Bears. The Saints have been something nice for those who were affected to rally around and get away for a bit on what has happened to them. But there comes a point for those outside where you just get tired of hearing about it everytime the Saints are brought up. There is a certain point where the media has to move on from it. I hope that point has come.

And yes the Browville are still floods from time and time still. Worst part is the access road to the nuclear power plant get the worst of it. But I'm not originally from around here. I'm originally from Arlington, SD.
                  As I said in the earlier post, I have not watched or listened to a Saints game all season, just watched some of the SuperBowl, and what I saw impressed me, other than that I dont have clue about the Saints Organization, but unless they trade a bunch of guys off, I would think they will be a contender again next season. If Katrina becomes football talk when ever someone talks Saints, yes that would be getting old. They are mutually exclusive in most minds, even mine.

I guess I miss read or perhaps did not get your point. Yes I looked at your profile and know you are a Arlington Cardinal. I also know about the NPPD nuke plant at Brownsville. I lived at Columbus for 20 years before moving to Arlington. I used to work with a rural telephone company at Falls City and a electric coop in Rock Port, Missouri so been through that area a few times and yes the big muddy gets high in that area. In 1993 it was real bad as far south as St Joe and parts of I-29 were under water.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                    I would say the thing New Orleans should have done was build the city above sea level.
                    One problem with that....the city was founded in the late 1700s......long before anyone would think a hurricane would do so much damage.

BTW, Payton is NOT a Top 5 QB. He's a great regular season QB but his playoff numbers are bad and he's 9-9 in the playoffs hardly something to write home about.

Bar none, Joe Montana is by far the GREATEST QB ever!

Elway and Brady are up there as well.

Marino couldn't win a Super Bowl thus....

Eli Manning is just riding on his brother's coattails. Oh, to the person with said that Eli plays for the Jets. WRONG. He plays for the Giants. Right city, wrong team.

I kept up with pro football since 1982. First Super Bowl I watched was Super Bowl XVI between the 49ers and Bengals from Ponitac, Michigan.

Comment

Best QB ever? Trent Dilfer. Who cares what he did in the regular season. He is 5-1 as a playoff starter and was 4-0 in the playoffs when the Ravens won the SB in 2001. Correction, when Trent Dilfer won the Super Bowl in 2001.

Oh, wait. You mean the Ravens had the one of the best defenses of all time and that is the reason they won the Super Bowl?
                      Originally posted by JackFan96
                      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by OKC_Poke View Post
                        One problem with that....the city was founded in the late 1700s......long before anyone would think a hurricane would do so much damage.

BTW, Payton is NOT a Top 5 QB. He's a great regular season QB but his playoff numbers are bad and he's 9-9 in the playoffs hardly something to write home about.

Bar none, Joe Montana is by far the GREATEST QB ever!

Elway and Brady are up there as well.

Marino couldn't win a Super Bowl thus....

Eli Manning is just riding on his brother's coattails. Oh, to the person with said that Eli plays for the Jets. WRONG. He plays for the Giants. Right city, wrong team.

I kept up with pro football since 1982. First Super Bowl I watched was Super Bowl XVI between the 49ers and Bengals from Ponitac, Michigan.
                        Bart Starr won 5 NFL championships. He and Unitas surely deserve mention as greatest QB ever.

Comment

It was Manning's fault that both Wayne and Garcon dropped likely touchdown passes in the second half. It was also Manning's fault that the Colts weren't ready for an onside kick to start the second half, he should have been on the kick coverage team so he could have recovered the football. He also should have been playing defense so Drew Brees wouldn't have completed so many passes in the second half and kept Manning off the field for 26 out of 32 plays at one stretch.

Sarcasm aside, Manning made one bad play in the second half that went for a pick six. Otherwise, he played a hell of a game and was the only reason the Colts were there to begin with. You take Manning away from the Colts this year and they were a .500 team at best. With him the Colts were a few rested players away from an undefeated season.

Montana, Elway, and Brady all had alot better teams around them then Manning ever has.

Comment

No!!!
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                              Montana, Elway, and Brady all had alot better teams around them then Manning ever has.
                              Some years they had better teams around them then Manning had this year, and some years Manning had better teams around him than they did. It never is that absolute.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

That 40-yard "touch" pass that Manning made to NE Iowa native Dallas Clark down the left sideline between three defenders maybe could have been made by Montana and Marino and no one else.

Comment

Working...
                                X