Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is Manning best ever?

Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post
    Its because his TEAM never won a Super Bowl. He would definitely be in the discussion of top 4 if the Vikings won at least one of the three SB he was in. He owned all the records until Marino broke them and he is always in the discussion of top QBs. Tarkenton is at least top 10 QB of all time regardless of SB wins.
    Fran was a big part of the team never winning the big one. He threw 1 TD pass and 6 interceptions in the 3 losses. In the QB ranking scores of all the Super Bowl QB's,he ranks something like 47th out of 58.

Comment

Its because his TEAM never won a Super Bowl. He would definitely be in the discussion of top 4 if the Vikings won at least one of the three SB he was in. He owned all the records until Marino broke them and he is always in the discussion of top QBs. Tarkenton is at least top 10 QB of all time regardless of SB wins.
      This is an argument against Marino, too, then.

Tarkenton threw for something like 12 miles, rushed for more than any of the quarterbacks normally bandied about, and he did get the Vikings to three SBs over his career.

Comment

Looiks Manning is not the best ever, otherwise Indianapolis would be drowning in suds and what not, but congrats to NO Saints. They played a great game. Crees might be better than Manning IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          Looiks Manning is not the best ever, otherwise Indianapolis would be drowning in suds and what not, but congrats to NO Saints. They played a great game. Crees might be better than Manning IMO.
          Who is Crees?

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
            Who is Crees?
            I am terrible with names I meant this guy Brees

http://www.neworleanssaints.com/Team...w%20Brees.aspx

He can move the ball down the field with short passes, but the Saints seem to have hold their own on the line both sides of the ball. This Manning name is over rated. Yeah Archie had his day in the sun so is the other brother playing for the New York Jets, but to say Payton is the greatest ever? No. Until this past fall, I have pay little or no attention to the NFL and being in a family pickem pool, my interest in the NFL is starting to rekindle. So the QB was a stranger to me though I picked the Saints to win most of their regular weekly games and they did.

I hoping the turnover baker, BF returns next year. The Vikings have no one like Brees.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
              Who is Crees?
              He means Breesus. Hallowed be his arm.
              Originally posted by JackFan96
              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I think I know what happened now.

The Vikings took a dive a couple weeks ago, in order to keep all of us from suffering through a Caldwell/Childress "Super" Bowl.

NOT impressed with the Colts game plan. All game long I'm thinking, "the real Colts will show up eventually"-------and they never did.

And the commercials were TERRIBLE Was there a conspiracy to show ugly guys in their underwear every fifteen minutes or so?

---

OTOH, The Who-------Roger Daltry can still belt 'em out, and extra props to Townshend for bringing along a doubler on guitar instead of piping in the extra tracks.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                  I think I know what happened now.

The Vikings took a dive a couple weeks ago, in order to keep all of us from suffering through a Caldwell/Childress "Super" Bowl.

NOT impressed with the Colts game plan. All game long I'm thinking, "the real Colts will show up eventually"-------and they never did.

And the commercials were TERRIBLE Was there a conspiracy to show ugly guys in their underwear every fifteen minutes or so?

---

OTOH, The Who-------Roger Daltry can still belt 'em out, and extra props to Townshend for bringing along a doubler on guitar instead of piping in the extra tracks.
                  You enjoyed The Who? Oh boy.
                  Originally posted by JackFan96
                  Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
                    You enjoyed The Who? Oh boy.
                    Well, for starters, compare them with the Stones----

Secondly, I play guitar, and there is something indescribably fun about -playing- songs by the Who that carries over to watching them perform.

I kid you not, it would be worth learning how to play guitar -just- to play Won't Get Fooled Again. Townshend plays the guitar like a percussion instrument and IMO, it's awesome.

Comment

So New Orleans is fixed now, right? [/sarcasm]

Sorry. The media narrative was getting to me. In New Orleans today, nothing is changed except a bunch of millionaires who play on a team owned by a bigger millionaire won a football game. This idea that the outcome of a football game would do anything for a struggling city is just so much hooey.
                      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

The Who was awful. Daltry has no voice left. The only thing they did was prove that they weren't lip-singing. As for the guitar playing, compared to when they were only 20 years past their prime it still didn't measure up. Horrible performance and hopefully the end of geezer rock in the half time.

And JJ, I totally agree with you on the NO story. Did you know that all the homes were rebuilt and completely furnished during the 4th quarter last night? And they finished the levees to hold for a million year storm.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
                          And JJ, I totally agree with you on the NO story. Did you know that all the homes were rebuilt and completely furnished during the 4th quarter last night? And they finished the levees to hold for a million year storm.
                          I really do not want to hear about the Saints and Katrina in the same discussion again. They have won their Super Bowl, time to let it go. They have milked this thing out for long enough now.

Comment

I really do not want to hear about the Saints and Katrina in the same discussion again. They have won their Super Bowl, time to let it go. They have milked this thing out for long enough now.
                            Getting off topic here, but I feel this post should not go unchallenged. Saturday I met a lady from New Orleans who relocated to Sioux Falls because of Katrina. She was wearing her Saints Jersey and very confident that the Saints would win. She told me she lost everything including two pets who were very dear to her. She mention the Banquet in Sioux Falls that gave her the first placed to live in SF and how they help her find a new job and later a husband since she apparently worked fast food and worked the drive up window. She no doubt went through a great deal and may be one of the lucky ones. If Arlington were to be under water and all my belongings lost, I would have a hard time getting my life back. So dont be a pain about the New Orleans folks, they have had a very difficult time.

EP, if I am not mistaken, you have Brownsville or maybe Auburn, Nebraska in your profile. Be gratiful also for the dams on the Missouri river located in the Dakotas as in the 1950's Brownsvile and that area was often under water in the spring time.
                            Last edited by Nidaros; 02-08-2010, 10:14 AM.

Comment

I think the point is get over and get back to work putting your life back together. Quit whining about and deal with it.

We live three hours away from Fargo and how many times in the last year have our friends to the north whined about the flood that took homes last spring? I don't remember many and the Corporate office for my employer is in Fargo.

Sorry to contribute to the thread drift.

Joe Montana is now and for the foreseeable future (Until TOB gets his 5 Super Bowls ) the Greatest Quarterback to ever play the game.

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
                                I think the point is get over and get back to work putting your life back together. Quit whining about and deal with it.

We live three hours away from Fargo and how many times in the last year have our friends to the north whined about the flood that took homes last spring? I don't remember many and the Corporate office for my employer is in Fargo.

Sorry to contribute to the thread drift.

Joe Montana is now and for the foreseeable future (Until TOB gets his 5 Super Bowls ) the Greatest Quarterback to ever play the game.
                                More drift here, I get your point about our Dakota folks, and I think the big difference between the Red River Floods and New Orleans, is that New Orleans seems to have leviees and what not to protect them from our spring runoffs from ND to LA, again the Dams in the Dakotas might be helping NO out some, but when a hurricane strikes, half of the ocean comes ashore and it appears NO was no where prepared for Katrina nor its magitude. This makes me a big believer in diversions, dams and anything that will prevent flooding and protect homes of people like that lady I met on Saturday. She seem to be very ordinary so I doubt she lost a manison, but for sure she lost her home. I would hope that this franchise called Saints will give entrepeneurers incentives to rebuild NO and give new economic life to the area. The government can do so much. and though these homes may not be rebuilt in the fourth quarter, I do think with continued sucess of the Saints NFL wins, it might give life in New Orleans a transfusion.

How many home games in NO will sell out next season? I would think a bunch. Its a start of economic recovery, but not all of it.

BTW I have no all time favorite. I would not argue with anyone elses choices be it Namath, Montana or Manning. They were all good. I did like to hear Namath comments as color guy though

Comment

Working...
                                X