Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mauer Number?

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
    General questions for anyone who wants to answer. We went to plenty of games at the dome but never made it a "vacation destination". With the new stadium I am very interested in taking the family for a 3 game series and making a mini-vacation out of it. We've done that in K.C. the last couple of years and had a blast.

Any advice regarding parking, traffic? Do they allow/have tailgate options? Any recommendation regarding lodging? What are the best places in the twin cities to eat?
    We generally stay in one of the motels across the street from the Mall of America. We ride the train to and from the games. The mall is available for food and beverage without having to drive afterward. It is a fairly easy drive to Valley Fair and the (overrated) Minnesota Zoo. The Como Park zoo in St. Paul is easily worth the price of admission though (It's free!). If there is something else downtown that you like to do it isn't difficult to drive there.
    Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
      We generally stay in one of the motels across the street from the Mall of America. We ride the train to and from the games. The mall is available for food and beverage without having to drive afterward. It is a fairly easy drive to Valley Fair and the (overrated) Minnesota Zoo. The Como Park zoo in St. Paul is easily worth the price of admission though (It's free!). If there is something else downtown that you like to do it isn't difficult to drive there.
      What he said.
      I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
        We have done that in the past and it works well. When we lived in Rochester I would park at Fort Shnelling and take the train, saved on parking and traffic. Agree, Como park is great. I imagine we'd do the science museum downtown.

My wife and girls definitely like the MOA idea, that is not good for my checkbook.

How about a nice place to take the wife if I can ditch the kids with grandma and grandpa?
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

General questions for anyone who wants to answer. We went to plenty of games at the dome but never made it a "vacation destination". With the new stadium I am very interested in taking the family for a 3 game series and making a mini-vacation out of it. We've done that in K.C. the last couple of years and had a blast.

Any advice regarding parking, traffic? Do they allow/have tailgate options? Any recommendation regarding lodging? What are the best places in the twin cities to eat?
          You might want to check out the "Water Park of America" located in the Radisson Hotel (one of the hotels across from the Mall of America).

Comment

We have done that in the past and it works well. When we lived in Rochester I would park at Fort Shnelling and take the train, saved on parking and traffic. Agree, Como park is great. I imagine we'd do the science museum downtown.

My wife and girls definitely like the MOA idea, that is not good for my checkbook.

How about a nice place to take the wife if I can ditch the kids with grandma and grandpa?

There are tons of places to eat in the Twin Cities obviously, but an interesting place is Buca di Beppo Italian Restaurant. They serve all of their food family style. It's an interesting way to eat out. If you order mashed potatoes...they give you food in a bowl and everyone helps themselves.

Just an interesting choice. It may be more of a family thing, but I'm sure you and your wife could check it out together.

Buca di Beppo Italian Restaurant
            1204 Harmon Place
            Minneapolis, MN 55403

I really like Redstone as well. It would be a great place for you and your wife to go. It's about 3-4 minutes west of 169 & 394.
            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

If you can find a copy of the Sunday Star- Trib from yesterday, it has a nice 24 page insert all about Target Field including how to get there and parking options.

Comment

if it was me about 15-20 yrs ago and i was going to ditch the kids with grandma and grandpa, id think the nicest place for my wife and i to go would be back to the motel room. unfortunately i never had grandma and grandpa around to send my kids with so i never got to experience it first hand. and now i dont have kids that i need to ditch so it wouldnt be as fun. well, it still would be.............

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                  if it was me about 15-20 yrs ago and i was going to ditch the kids with grandma and grandpa, id think the nicest place for my wife and i to go would be back to the motel room. unfortunately i never had grandma and grandpa around to send my kids with so i never got to experience it first hand. and now i dont have kids that i need to ditch so it wouldnt be as fun. well, it still would be.............
                  Grandpa and grandma, just four of the many reasons we moved back to South Dakota. I appreciate the honesty and the suggestion.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Not to play thread police but this one has drifted a couple states and back.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                      Not to play thread police but this one has drifted a couple states and back.
                      To bring it back on track: Joe Mauer could buy the restaurant, rent Grandma and Grandpa...

how's that?

Comment

Working...
                      X