Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Brett Farve Experiment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    Since the Viks lost yesterday, its got to be Chilly's fault.
    What city are the Viks in?

Comment

Is Chilly going to screw this up for the Vikings?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4761127

As a Bears fan (yes, I know the Bears suck this year), I would love to see the Vikings fold down the stretch.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
        Is Chilly going to screw this up for the Vikings?
        Judging from his stubborn unwillingness to give the left tackle help on Julius Peppers last night... yes.
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Man I just knew this was going to happen.

Childress begs Favre to come to the Vikings.

Favre pulls out some great come from behind wins to get the Vikings off to a great start.

Childress gets contract extenstion.

Childress gets big head and thinks he's the reason the Vikings are good this year.

Childress screws up the rest of the season.

Vikings fans are stuck with Childress and T-Jack for the next 4 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
            Vikings fans are stuck with Childress and T-Jack for the next 4 years.
            Yep.

Guess I should start hoping that the Vikes win the Super Bowl so I'll at least have some cold comfort during the long years to come.....

Comment

Favre and Childress are fine. Or at least as fine as they need to be. The big question is if the Vikings can get this offensive line together and playing well for the playoffs. If not, this will be just another promising year the ended far to soon.

The fat guys up front need to pull it together and plow the road.
              The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Just remember that AZ looked horrible the last 3 games of last year and made it to the Super Bowl. Not saying that will happen with Vikings, but two bad games does not mean they are one and done.

Their history does though.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

According to sources, Favre dislikes that Childress seldom discusses the game plan with him during the week, and does not encourage the quarterback to offer suggestions as to which plays he feels most comfortable calling in certain situations. When Favre changes the play at the line of scrimmage -- using his film study and experience -- Childress bristles, even when the audible Favre calls works perfectly.

Sounds about right.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4767366

Comment

Tonight's FOX movie: Dr. Jeckyll and Tony Romo

Comment

Dr. Jekyl definitely got the best of Tony Romo.

Comment

Vikings were impressive today.

That being said that last touchdown was BUSH LEAGUE. Poor sportsmanship exhibited by the folks in purple.

If something like that would have happened in a baseball game (ie, stealing bases or trying to bunt for hit when that team is up a ton) someone is getting dotted the next time the two teams play. Obviously that won't happen here, but you can bet the there are gonna be some pissed off Cowboys when they meet again.

Comment

IMO: None of the Cowboys players deserved that TD.

But Jerry Jones sure did.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                            Vikings were impressive today.

That being said that last touchdown was BUSH LEAGUE. Poor sportsmanship exhibited by the folks in purple.

If something like that would have happened in a baseball game (ie, stealing bases or trying to bunt for hit when that team is up a ton) someone is getting dotted the next time the two teams play. Obviously that won't happen here, but you can bet the there are gonna be some pissed off Cowboys when they meet again.
                            This is professional football. Players are paid to score touchdowns. Other players are paid to stop them. This isn't Little League.

....and i'm a Cowboys fan.

Comment

Plus its the playoffs. You go hard until the clock reads 0:00. Anything can happen. And its not like there was only 30 seconds left. If it was, then that would be bush league. There was 2 min left in the game. What do you want the Vikings to do? Lay one down where the Cowboys get a quick score, possibly get an onside kick and score again. You don't want the NFL's #2 offense to quickly get rolling. We of all people should know you don't let a high powered offense get going. Strange things can happen in the playoffs. This is professional football in the playoffs. There is no such thing as running up the score. If you don't want them to score, why don't you stop them from scoring. Keith Brooking is a dolt.

Comment

Brad Childress had a good reply to the last TD...I paraphrase...Our job as coaches is to figure out how to put points on the board, their job is to figure out how to stop us.

I'm not a Cowboys or a Vikings fan, just a football fan. I felt that there was nothing wrong with that last TD. Could they have kicked a FG, sure. Were they trying to keep some momentum going into next week, darn right. The Saints played a good game and I'm sure the Vikings felt that putting a stamp on yesterday's win was just a little something they needed to do to push them into next week.
                                I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Working...
                                X