X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Brett Farve Experiment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
    Better acquisition: Favre or Harvin?
    I gotta go with Favre, because I don't think Harvin would be putting up the same numbers with either of the other Vikings QB's, although his kick return skills have been outstanding. I don't know how many times I've heard on broadcasts this season about how much Rice and Harvin have learned from Favre in the short time he has been there.

Comment

I will put up the counter: Harvin is going to be there a long time helping whoever is QB. Favre will be there at MOST one more year.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
        I will put up the counter: Harvin is going to be there a long time helping whoever is QB. Favre will be there at MOST one more year.
        That's a good point, but I'd venture to guess that Favre makes the Vikings more money in merchandise, free marketing (see much Vikings content on ESPN this year?), and added tickets sales in his couple of seasons there than Harvin does in his entire career.

Comment

With Favre and Harvin the Vikings are 7-1.

With Sage or Tarvaris and Harvin, the Vikings are 4-4 at best, most likely 3-5.
          (I think the vikings would have lost to the Niners, Ravens and probably both Packers games without Favre.)

Therefore I think Favre is the better signing.
          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
            With Favre and Harvin the Vikings are 7-1.

With Sage or Tarvaris and Harvin, the Vikings are 4-4 at best, most likely 3-5.
            (I think the vikings would have lost to the Niners, Ravens and probably both Packers games without Favre.)

Therefore I think Favre is the better signing.
            But what about Favre without Harvin?

I think with Sage and Harvin the Pack are likely 5-3, 6-2. They prolly run the ball more, which with AP, is a good thing.

I think Favre has been very good, but a lot of it has to do with the excellent team around him. So many of those TD's he threw yesterday were set up by amazing returns by Harvin.
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Better acquisition: Favre or Harvin?
              Good question...but who would get the ball to harvin?....you can only return so many kicks....but he's a lock for rookie of the year if he continues....and Favre is for comeback player...
              Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
              Muhammad Ali

Comment

But what about Favre without Harvin?

I think with Sage and Harvin the Pack are likely 5-3, 6-2. They prolly run the ball more, which with AP, is a good thing.

I think Favre has been very good, but a lot of it has to do with the excellent team around him. So many of those TD's he threw yesterday were set up by amazing returns by Harvin.
                Harvin's great, and he probably deserves credit for a win or two just because of the way he has set them up. But I think Favre is the key to all of this. He just knows where to go with the ball on every play. How many times has he checked into the right play? The guy has seen it all.
                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Favre or Harvin? They both look pretty good to me...No way this team is 8-1 with just Favre or just Harvin....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYoUBw0pap4

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
                    Favre or Harvin? They both look pretty good to me...No way this team is 8-1 with just Favre or just Harvin....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYoUBw0pap4
                    Favrin: the cure to offensive ills.

Credit to Favre, though, for hiding how bad a coach Childress is.

Comment

I heard Childress got a contract extension. That was right after the rant on KWSN about the state of MN not ponying up for a new stadium for the Vikings.

Could Childress end up coach the LA Vikings w/o Favre? Of course in that situation the Al Davis may make him look good.
                      You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
                        I heard Childress got a contract extension. That was right after the rant on KWSN about the state of MN not ponying up for a new stadium for the Vikings.

Could Childress end up coach the LA Vikings w/o Favre? Of course in that situation the Al Davis may make him look good.
                        Vikings won't move to LA. At the very least it'll be a whole new franchise a la Ravens/Browns.

I will give Childress credit for assembling talent though. That's a grudging acknowledgment that comes after years of not giving him credit for knowing how to spell cat if he was spotted the C and the A.

Just can't coach. Man, I was rewatching the game at Lambeau. What the ----- was he thinking, going for it on 4th down halfway through the 2nd quarter outside the red zone? Take the easy three and kick off.

Comment

Favre for MVP?

Comment

He's the top rated passer in the NFL
                            Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
                            Muhammad Ali

Comment

I didn't want to start a new thread...how do you think this will affect the Favre Experiment?

I don't think it's supposed to do that.
                              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Since the Viks lost yesterday, its got to be Chilly's fault.

Comment

Working...
                                X