The Brett Farve Experiment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Brett Farve Experiment

the queens are done. do you think the drama queen ol' gunslinger is done too? good riddance if he is. memo to favre: go home and ride around on your tractor. nobody will miss you.

Comment

If Ziggy Wilf doesn't act soon, he's going to have a hard time finding any Minnesotans to support his stadium bid. Or maybe that's what he wants.

Here come the Los Angeles Vikings.
      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

If anyone really thought the Vikes could pull off what they did last year, you were looking through some seriously purple and yellow glasses.
        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Woo, Chilly is gone! No more mustache! No more monotone interviews! No more gum chewing on the sidelines! No more throwing players under the bus when the team loses!

Skol Vikings!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
            Woo, Chilly is gone! No more mustache! No more monotone interviews! No more gum chewing on the sidelines! No more throwing players under the bus when the team loses!

Skol Vikings!
            What bugged me the most was his constantly holding that play chart in front of his face - it didn't make any difference because the defense seemed to know what play was coming anyway. He thought he was an offensive genious (kick-a** offense),but they wouldn't even let him call the plays when he was offensive coordinator with the Eagles.

Comment

Convinced more than ever that Favre is the Manchurian Quarterback and that Chilly was part of the plot. Remember, Green Bay interviewed him before they interviewed Mike (Tailgunner) McCarthy.. All part of a diabolocal scheme to undo the Vikings when they had assembled APete and this defense. Maybe they can trade Chilly for that third-round draft pick he gave up for renting Randy "Moon" Moss for two fascinating weeks.

Comment

I think Chilly was scheduled to go to Green Bay after his interview with Vikings, and they signed him before he left town because they were worried he would have picked the Packers job over the Vikes. I still think this fits with the conspiracy theory because it just means they played the Vikings in advance.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
                  I think Chilly was scheduled to go to Green Bay after his interview with Vikings, and they signed him before he left town because they were worried he would have picked the Packers job over the Vikes. I still think this fits with the conspiracy theory because it just means they played the Vikings in advance.

Good point. What's the buzz if Frazier doesn't get it? I vote for Chuckie Gruden.

Comment

I would think that an attempt would be made to hire Tony Dungy as GM and keep Frazier as coach if the team seems to respond to him over the next 6 games.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                      I would think that an attempt would be made to hire Tony Dungy as GM and keep Frazier as coach if the team seems to respond to him over the next 6 games.
                      The job is Fraziers if the team responds to this move and plays well the rest of this year. Frazier says Farve is the teams QB. I don't know if Dungy wants the GM job or not.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                        The job is Fraziers if the team responds to this move and plays well the rest of this year. Frazier says Farve is the teams QB. I don't know if Dungy wants the GM job or not.

Frazier's alleged Super Bowl defense has not been very good this year. Dungy as cfoach-GM is something I could get behind.
                        This is a classic parts not playing as a team result... You have arguably the top RB in the game, a veteran OL with a couple of Pro Bowlers, three Pro Bowlers in the DL, backed by linebackers that several commentators said this year were vastly underrated... Just total dysfunction as a unit.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                          I think Seattle tried to hire Dungy as GM last off-season and word was Frazier would have been the coach if he had taken the job.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                            Frazier's alleged Super Bowl defense has not been very good this year. Dungy as cfoach-GM is something I could get behind.
                            This is a classic parts not playing as a team result... You have arguably the top RB in the game, a veteran OL with a couple of Pro Bowlers, three Pro Bowlers in the DL, backed by linebackers that several commentators said this year were vastly underrated... Just total dysfunction as a unit.
                            I think the productivity of the OL would impove a lot if they would go back to more straight-ahead power blocking rather than the zone blocking in Chilly's KA offense.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                              I'm not saying I support retaining Frazier, I'm reporting what I heard on the radio in an interview with the radio voice of the Vikings Paul Allen (PA as they say).

I agree, as disappointing as the offense has seemed to be, the defense isn't helping matters at all. Almost every opponent has implemented and executed their offensive game plan with little resistance from the Vikes D this year. That has put pressure on the offense and forced the Vikes away from a run game centered around Adrian to a pass game center around and aging Brett Farve and a receiving core that is not even the envy of some CFL teams.
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I just wish Wilf would've held out for 1 more week.

Now, with Childress gone, the team will probably start playing again and destroy my 'skins this weekend.
                                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Working...
                                X