Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Quick Vick poll

I like this column also.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Yup, the Eagles are in the business of winning football games, not giving second chances. Obviously, making the team better is priority one. I don't think anyone is seriously trying to frame this issue as one of the Eagles simply trying to help someone who is down. All of that language about second chances is secondary. This boils down to a question of whether Vick's actions, in light of his subsequent punishment and behavior, are forgivable. I think the answer is yes, and that goes for a player of any talent level. Vick just happens to be a player of a certain caliber, which affords him the luxury of a favorable lean in what is a judgment call with no patently wrong answer.
      University of South Dakota:
      Oldest university of the Dakotas; Home of S.D.'s only accredited law, medical and business schools; S.D.'s designated liberal arts institution; National scholars galore; Alma mater of 10 S.D. governors, 20 members of Congress, all sitting S.D. Supreme Ct. justices and 1/2 of all S.D. physicians; Warmer than Brookings; Where JackMD received his advanced degree!

Comment

Vick served his time. We have yet to see if his abilities have changed in 2 years of not playing competitive football (running away from cellmates looking for a different type of bear hug doesn't compare to pro football). If it was an offensice lineman, we wouldn't have seen it on ESPN and the news for the past 2 years. They would have mentioned it and it would have been gone. The real problem I have with the case against Vick was why did everyone else get off with a slap on the wrist? Dog fighting is nothing to blow off, but killing a person while drunk is a little more serious of an offense to me.
        Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
          Disagree whole-heartedly. I think if he would have been an offensive guard it wouldn't have received near the attention that it did. I think BECAUSE he was a high profile player, the authorities tried to make an example of him. Lenard Little (DE) killed a guy while driving drunk and I'm not sure he even got suspended a game.

Vick served his time and deserves a second chance.

Why isn't Plaxico Burress back in the NFL, then?

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
            If I remember correctly, Plaxico was released by the Giants and no one was signed him because of the case hasn't gone through court yet. Plaxico will be back in the NFL once everything with the legal system is taken care of.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
              I don't think any NFL team wants to sign him to a contract when the NY DA wants him to go away for at least 2 years or more and the commissioner still hasn't given his final suspension. When his case is finally settled with the court system and the commish hands out his suspension, he will probably be signed. But this is not going to happen this year (by the way, if a regular citizen was charged with the same crimes, do you think our court case would be dragged out for this long?).
              Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Working...
              X