• Show
Clear All

Re: Twins 2009 Season Thread

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post

Ha, that's funny stuff, that's the guy!

Comment

Man, I hate the Yankees.
      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
        Man, I hate the Yankees.
        Me too. Don't know how anyone can cheer for A-Rod and still go to sleep at night.

Go Halos.

Still, I'm happy with that season. Very surprising end, especially without Morneau.

In Mauer We Trust.
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Me too. Don't know how anyone can cheer for A-Rod and still go to sleep at night.

Go Halos.

Still, I'm happy with that season. Very surprising end, especially without Morneau.

In Mauer We Trust.
          Thats true, who woulda thought they'd go on that tear once Morneau went out.

It would've been nice to make the playoffs LAST year, when the Yanks weren't in it.
          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Go Halos.

In Mauer We Trust.
            In this off-season we need "in the Pohlad family we trust". The Twins must start today talking with Mauer on an extension and we Twins fans need to pray the owners are willing to open their checkbook for Minnesota's son. This can't drag into next year and turn into a Tori Hunter situation where they dink around with a possible trade in July only to not trade him and then lose him with no compensation at the end of the year.

5 years, $90 million is going to be as low as they can get him for, IMO. If he goes on the open market, the Twins don't have a prayer.

BTW, has anyone watched Hunter this year? He was intentionally walked yesterday to get to Vladimir Guerrero! That's how good he's been lately.

Comment

Go Halos.

In Mauer We Trust.

i cheer for a-rod and sleep fine at night. why wouldnt I? because of what he and 100 or so other baseball players did ? lets hate em all. or just another jealous twins fan. if he was traded to the twins, youd be lovin him, just like viking fans love brett. that is whats sickening. how viking fans can cheer for brett and sleep at night

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                i cheer for a-rod and sleep fine at night. why wouldnt I? because of what he and 100 or so other baseball players did?
                Um, that number would be well over 100.

Comment

i cheer for a-rod and sleep fine at night. why wouldnt I? because of what he and 100 or so other baseball players did ? lets hate em all. or just another jealous twins fan. if he was traded to the twins, youd be lovin him, just like viking fans love brett. that is whats sickening. how viking fans can cheer for brett and sleep at night
                  I don't even care about the steroids. I've hated A-Rod ever since he signed that contract that crippled the Rangers for years and then complained about how they couldn't compete...

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
                    In this off-season we need "in the Pohlad family we trust". The Twins must start today talking with Mauer on an extension and we Twins fans need to pray the owners are willing to open their checkbook for Minnesota's son. This can't drag into next year and turn into a Tori Hunter situation where they dink around with a possible trade in July only to not trade him and then lose him with no compensation at the end of the year.

5 years, $90 million is going to be as low as they can get him for, IMO. If he goes on the open market, the Twins don't have a prayer.

BTW, has anyone watched Hunter this year? He was intentionally walked yesterday to get to Vladimir Guerrero! That's how good he's been lately.
                    They really need to just hand him a blank check and say "Here you go, do whatever you want with this..."

Comment

• Re: Twins 2009 Season Thread

I think its all in how you cheer for a team/guy. I'm not a diehard vikings fan, the Redskins are my "favorite" nfl team, but I did grow up in a Vikings house, where my dad and brother are diehard. So, the vikings are my second "favorite" team, but I've never had a hatred for the Packers and I always liked Favre.

My dad on the other hand, still hasn't warmed up to Favre I don't think. "I've spent so many years hating him, that I just can't cheer for him yet" he says. I can understand that I suppose.

I guess I'm more the type to cheer FOR my teams, rather than AGAINST other teams.

Comment

As I Vikings fan I have no problem cheering for Brett Favre because I've always had a ton of respect for the guy, even when he was kicking the Viking's butt with the Packers. Arod not so much...

Comment

I don't even care about the steroids. I've hated A-Rod ever since he signed that contract that crippled the Rangers for years and then complained about how they couldn't compete...

hate the rangers owner, not the players. if someone handed you that big of a contract, would you turn it down?
                          or maybe its scott boras we should be mad at.
                          Last edited by mitchellrabbit; 10-13-2009, 04:54 AM.

Comment

I don't cheer for anyone who was busted for taking steriods (I know we will never know who all took steriods). A-Roid had all this talent and he let his ego get the best of him. He knew what he was taking. But the problem that is almost as big is Scott Boras. This guy is ruining baseball. Get the price of your player so high only the Yankees can afford him. Seriously, any one of us could have hit the homer A-Roid hit in game 2. Nathan threw a meat pitch down the middle of the plate 3-1. A-Roid was spot swinging on that one. Nathan just isn't the same pitcher he was the past couple of years. Twins should have won that series.
                            Last edited by bub94; 10-13-2009, 10:42 AM.
                            Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

hate the rangers owner, not the players. if someone handed you that big of a contract, would you turn it down?
                              or maybe its scott boras we should be mad at.
                              Not a fan of Boras either. But it's not that A-Rod took the contract, it's the fact that he then complained about the team not being competitive and that was why he wanted out.

Comment

Not a fan of Boras either. But it's not that A-Rod took the contract, it's the fact that he then complained about the team not being competitive and that was why he wanted out.
                                No sheit. He was the reason for the team being strained on one contract, then he complains there isn't any talent around him (OK, it was the GM's fault too). When you have a set payroll and 1/3 goes to one person, somethings wrong.
                                Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Working...
                                X