Twins 2009 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Twins 2009 Season Thread

Best baseball game I've ever watched. I don't care if they get swept. Suck it, Detroit.
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
      Best baseball game I've ever watched. I don't care if they get swept. Suck it, Detroit.
      It's right up there for me too, but I'll take Game 6 and 7 of the 1991 world series as 1a and 1b, and tonight's game in second place. I love your comment RabbitObserver...Suck it, Detroit!!!!

Comment

I was down at the Collegian office watching the game and people were laughing at me. They must not understand how unlikely and how emotionally intense this game was.

RO, perfect saying: Suck it, Detroit.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesJacks View Post
          It's right up there for me too, but I'll take Game 6 and 7 of the 1991 world series as 1a and 1b, and tonight's game in second place. I love your comment RabbitObserver...Suck it, Detroit!!!!

That would be third place but who's counting? They're all great games. This one was sweet because of how far they came in three weeks. The '91 games were a little more expected.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
            That would be third place but who's counting? They're all great games. This one was sweet because of how far they came in three weeks. The '91 games were a little more expected.
            Thanks NoVaJack, you have to cut me some slack as I wasn't looking at my fingers when I was counting.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesJacks View Post
              I wasn't even 3 years old for those games in 1991. This has been a great run.

Did anyone hear the "AL-CO-HOL-IC" chants for M-Cab right before he blasted that HR early on?

Comment

Baseball is here!!!!!

How do you guys think the Twins will do this year? Baker and Mauer on the shelf to start the year hurts. I don't like the logjam in the outfield. I think Morneau hits 10 homers more than last year, where his homers went down and his doubles went way up. Even if Carlos Gomez doesn't progress as a hitter he is still one of the best defensive center fielders in the game. I think Span and Casilla regress. LOVE the rotation if Baker gets healthy. Bullpen on the way back to Nathen blows.

87 wins and a second place finish to someone.
                Well, pretty spot on here. Nailed the 87 wins (needed an extra game ), Span totally proved me wrong, but I nailed Casilla. The bullpen sucked. Morneau hit 7 more HR, and was out for the last part of the year. The rotation did struggle with injuries, but came through down the stretch.

Glad I got that 2nd place prediction wrong

Comment

Did anyone hear the "AL-CO-HOL-IC" chants for M-Cab right before he blasted that HR early on?
                  The Twins fans also changed "point-2-6-point-2-6"

Unusual for a Minnesota crowd...but it was hilarious!

Comment

Originally posted by sdsurulz08 View Post
                    what agreat game! the dome still has some magic in it!
                    I was thinking of the magic too. It brought many fine memories of the late 80's and early 90's for the Twins back. I also remember the late 90's for the Vikes, when they were dominating football while averaging 35 points per game. Flash forward to the last few weeks, and Farve is magical in back to back big wins and the Twins win 17 of their last 21 including the last big 4 games. I had to break out my Homer Hanky for old times sake!

Comment

Yeah, whatever happened to Minnesota Nice?
                      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

The bullpen sucked.
                        Maybe true for a few brief stretches; overall, though, a pretty solid year.
                        @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                        --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

I was at that game yesterday and man it was crazy in the dome. Cabrera kinda shut the crowd up quickly with that two run homer, but it was still funny to hear the al-co-ho-lic chant. It was by the far the best sporting event I have ever been to.

Comment

So on Monday I told my wife to take Tuesday off, we're going. Wife had never been to the dome and it had been 7 years since I've been there. She thought I was nuts but trusted me and drove 4 hours with no tickets. We bought some scalped tickets out front of the dome, lower deck, amazing.

Best spontaneous decision of my life.

I expect them to get hammered by the Yankees, but this Sept./Oct. run has been one for the ages.

GO TWINS!

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue View Post
                              I was at that game yesterday and man it was crazy in the dome. Cabrera kinda shut the crowd up quickly with that two run homer, but it was still funny to hear the al-co-ho-lic chant. It was by the far the best sporting event I have ever been to.
                              Guy in front of me had a sign that said ".323 BA or BAC?"

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
                                Guy in front of me had a sign that said ".323 BA or BAC?"
                                This guy?

http://deadspin.com/5376126/twins-ad...sult-to-injury

Comment

Working...
                                X