Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sioux Falls Storm

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the Storm was carrying its own in-house work comp insurance, which would have still covered its players. The league imposed the penalty b/c the Storm wasn't carrying the league mandated work comp insurance...
    The insurance the Storm was providing did not include a clause to protect the league against future lawsuits as they might pertain to workman's comp injuries. Therefore, the league was at risk as a consequence of the Storm's negligence in providing protection against potential said lawsuits. So, essentially, the other members of the league were being exposed to the potential for significant financial loss due to the Storms noncompliance. At least this is what I am understanding. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I also took the articles to indicate that the Storm had medical coverage in place, but not disability coverage in relation to work related injuries. But I may not have read the articles close enough.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Emil Redfish, the Practice Physican in Arlington closed down his medical facilty when he found out his malpractice insurance had not been renewed. It turned out his check was lost in the mail, or the insurance carrier had moved or something like that. As soon as the matter had been cleared up Mr. Redfish reopened his clinic and the citizens of Arlington once again have a medical facilty. Mr. Redfish is not an MD, but near one in license and when a patients welfare is beyond his expertise he refers the patient to qualified caregivers.

The point in mentioning this is that we live in a perilous times where there are lawyers waiting for a law suit. Not saying lawyers are bad, but insurance coverage is a very important thing and when you stick you head out and do so in an uninsured manner. You are asking for trouble.

What strikes me in an ironic way is that those hedging traders who were heavily invested in dirivatives and other weird financial instruments had insurance to cover their loses. Have you ever wonder what happened to AIG and why did they go sour? They were carrying the insurance on these wierd stuff and had to cover their claims for losses.

I think the Storm management regrets this affair very much and should want to move on. It has nothing to do about the fans as far as I am concern. It is time to move on.

Comment

"Mr. Redfish is not an MD, but near one in license and when a patients welfare is beyond his expertise he refers the patient to qualified caregivers."

OK-- I'll admit that I've been out of the state for many years, but what does this mean? I assume he's not a DO or even an NP. How do you practice with an "almost" degree?

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzled_Jack View Post
            "Mr. Redfish is not an MD, but near one in license and when a patients welfare is beyond his expertise he refers the patient to qualified caregivers."

OK-- I'll admit that I've been out of the state for many years, but what does this mean? I assume he's not a DO or even an NP. How do you practice with an "almost" degree?
            Ask Jackmd. I do know Mr. Redfish has a great deal of medical training and I believe they call this form of license Physicans Assistant or something like that. Small towns can no longer afford to keep an MD, like they probably once did in Woonsocket.Most small towns if they have a clinic, they have non MD people running the show. You have been in St Louis too long Grizz

In January of this year I went to ER in Brookings with wierd symptons of what I thought might be a stroke. The person who examined me had this same designation. She ordered a cat scan, a number of tests and determined that my phyisicans increase in doseage of a blood pressure medicine was too much as my pulse dropped considerably and gave me light headness and other symtoms of stroke. I was also ordered to see my physican as soon as possible. So even in Brookings you dont always get the attention of an MD. There was an MD on duty, but he apparently was doing something else and I never saw him.

The point of my post was the perils of being un-insured and that how Mr. Redfish avoided calmity by shutting down rather than take a risk of not having malpractice insurance. The Storm was not as careful as Mr Redfish and maybe down right stupid for not having workmans comp.

Comment

I see former SDSU linebacker Chris Tracy is on the roster for the Storm this season.

http://siouxfallsstorm.com/roster/
              "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Per Matt Zimmer's Argus article today, Jon Fick is also on the Storm roster. Season kicks off tonight. If you haven't been to a game, go...you'll enjoy it.
                "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

6 tackles and a sack for Chris Tracy in yesterday's Storm win.

Comment

Within the last week or so, Jon Fick and Chris Tracy have both been released by the Storm. Not surprised by Fick...not sure he ever got on the field. Tracy was a contributor though.

Comment

Within the last week or so, Jon Fick and Chris Tracy have both been released by the Storm. Not surprised by Fick...not sure he ever got on the field. Tracy was a contributor though.
                      Maybe it's time for life after football.

Comment

Syrovatka was kicking for the Storm last night. Not sure if Douglass was hurt or if a change has been made.

Comment

Syrovatka was kicking for the Storm last night. Not sure if Douglass was hurt or if a change has been made.
                          According to SF Storm Facebook posting (someone asked them where Parker was): Parker had another business commitment on this particular night.

Comment

Working...
                          X