Twins Spring Training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Twins Spring Training

Let's hope Mauer is ready to play for the start of the regular season.

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2009/...wins-Mauer.php

Comment

Twins signed 3rd basemen Joe Crede today to a one year deal. If he can stay healthy (back problems), hopefully he will provide a little more power. The last time he played a full season, he had 30 homers and close to 100 RBI's. If he happens to not be healthy for the full season, I feel pretty good with Harris/Buscher backing him up.

http://minnesota.twins.mlb.com/news/...=.jsp&c_id=min

Comment

And it didn't cost that much to get him. If he plays a full year he is a $7 milliion player anyways. And if he gets hurt and doesn't play, they are out very little.

Comment

Originally posted by sdbballfan View Post
          And it didn't cost that much to get him. If he plays a full year he is a $7 milliion player anyways. And if he gets hurt and doesn't play, they are out very little.
          I was against signing Crede cause I figured it would be a multiple year deal, but for one year that's not bad.
          Originally posted by JackFan96
          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Low risk/high reward contract. The only way I can see this going badly for the Twins is if Crede kindofsortof gets hurt but not bad enough to not play and because of it his production suffers but Gardenhire continues to put him out there every day rather than playing the Buscher/Harris platoon.

Speaking of Buscher, I wonder if this could cause him to open the season in AAA in favor of having a better defensive utility player take his spot? He still has minor league options doesn't he?

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
              Low risk/high reward contract. The only way I can see this going badly for the Twins is if Crede kindofsortof gets hurt but not bad enough to not play and because of it his production suffers but Gardenhire continues to put him out there every day rather than playing the Buscher/Harris platoon.

Speaking of Buscher, I wonder if this could cause him to open the season in AAA in favor of having a better defensive utility player take his spot? He still has minor league options doesn't he?
              I can see that happening. Crede would want to keep playing to try to get the rest of the incentives.

And I could see them sending Cuscher back to AAA for someone like Tolbert. I have no idea about the minor league options though.
              Originally posted by JackFan96
              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by Lakesbison View Post
                Twins Spring Training

March 3-5.

3rd row behind twins dugout sporting NDSU jersey, see ya there!

How was the trip? How'd the Twins look?

Did you find a job yet or are you still just travelling around the country to random sporting events like a drifter?

Comment

http://blogs2.startribune.com/blogs/...Yyc:aUycaEacyU

Scott Baker will be part of the Twins long-term plans as they agreed to a 4-year/$15.25 million deal that will buy out Baker's arbitration years and give the Twins a $9 million option for 2013, which would be Baker's first year of free agency.

Now, the Twins just have to lock up Mauer for life . . .

Comment

Working...
                  X