Vikings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vikings

I wouldn't mind seeing Frazier replace Chilly. However, Wilf has already said that Chilly will be back next year. I'm guessing that making it into the playoffs was enough to save his job.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
      This is all on Chilly. His determination to stick with Tarvaris Jackson, a fine young man who has no claim on being an NFL quarterback, was the reason for the loss. With any kind of serviceable QB play, the Vikes would be able to pass enough to get teams out of that 8-in-the-box mentality that limits Peterson most of the time. But they don't have a decent QB. They have Jackson and Gus Frerotte. Seriously, without Leslie Frazier's defense they'd have been out of the playoffs this year. I say promote Frazier to head coach and admit that the Napoleon Childress era was a disaster. How can anyone trust the judgment of a guy who puts the franchise in the hands of somebody as limited as Jackson?
      I think the offensive system / play calling is a big part of the problem.Even though Bevell is the OC,it's no secret that Chilly is pulling the strings.Putting a good quarterback in that system would not improve things very much.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
        I think the offensive system / play calling is a big part of the problem.Even though Bevell is the OC,it's no secret that Chilly is pulling the strings.Putting a good quarterback in that system would not improve things very much.
        I think you're right, to a point. They rarely stretch the field. They rarely throw those 20-yard passes in the middle of the field that seem to be a staple of every other NFL offense. I do think Jackson is a poor QB, but I also agree that the offense is uninspired. Either way, it's Chilly's fault. Wilf is a fool, after spending all that money (I would argue that the Vikings have as much talent as anybody in the NFL, across the board) to turn that expensive machine over to such weak coach.
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
          I think you're right, to a point. They rarely stretch the field. They rarely throw those 20-yard passes in the middle of the field that seem to be a staple of every other NFL offense. I do think Jackson is a poor QB, but I also agree that the offense is uninspired. Either way, it's Chilly's fault. Wilf is a fool, after spending all that money (I would argue that the Vikings have as much talent as anybody in the NFL, across the board) to turn that expensive machine over to such weak coach.
          I agree. I think the GM has done a good job at building a solid roster. Adding Allen, Winfield, Hutchinson and Berrian the last couple seasons were all good moves but the coaching staff hasn't taken advantage of it. To have the biggest weapon in the NFL in Peterson and having one of the best defenses as well, they should be doing better than they have. Childress is now one game under .500 in 3 seasons since he took over. In a weak division and with the talent he's had, they should be better.

Comment

I'm glad I went to the game. Atmosphere in the dome was the best I've seen or heard it the 6 years I've been going to games. Of course, I haven't seen a playoff game in the dome before.

It was loud and everybody was standing. Reminded me of Frost but on a much larger scale. Frost is a lot louder and even more impressive in my opinion. I'd definitely go back.

Took a quick look a the Twins stadium, its going to be fun having it right downtown but traffic will be tough. Weather is going to wreak havoc in the spring and fall.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Not much to say about Sunday's game since I was working and didn't see it. In general, I wish Ziggy would look a little deeper at the situation. Yeah, the Vikings have improved record-wise under The Big Chill, and yeah they won a division title for the first time in seven-years. But this team still has a lot of issues, especially on offense and that's supposed to be Childress' specialty. IMHO, the Vikings current window of opportunity is closing faster than many realize, and it starts on the o-line.

When Pittsburgh hired Mike Tomlin, I thought "there goes the Vikings next coach". I'm starting to feel the same about Frazier, who interviews tomorrow in Denver:

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_11381449
              "You trusted us"

Comment

After watching McNabb today, I hope the Vikings are no longer interested in his services. Moments of brilliance but too many moments of nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowbell View Post
                  After watching McNabb today, I hope the Vikings are no longer interested in his services. Moments of brilliance but too many moments of nothing.
                  The upgrade would still be huge, and worth it, IMO.
                  Originally posted by JackFan96
                  Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by Cowbell View Post
                    im not a viking fan but i would rather have mcnabb than jackson or gus. im a bear fan and i would rather have mcnabb rather than grossman or orton

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                      im not a viking fan but i would rather have mcnabb than jackson or gus. im a bear fan and i would rather have mcnabb rather than grossman or orton
                      I'm a Bears fan also, but I don't think I have drank the McNabb kool-aid yet. He is just too inconsistent to put much money into, even though what the Bears have for QB's don't really show much. Grossman, bye, bye; Orton, reluctant OK...

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Life View Post
                        I'm a Bears fan also, but I don't think I have drank the McNabb kool-aid yet. He is just too inconsistent to put much money into, even though what the Bears have for QB's don't really show much. Grossman, bye, bye; Orton, reluctant OK...

maybe im giving up on orton too soon. he did get hurt this year and maybe that affected they way he played. oh , is this a viking thread?

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                          maybe im giving up on orton too soon. he did get hurt this year and maybe that affected they way he played. oh , is this a viking thread?
                          I suppose it is, but I give them about the same amount of time as I do the school to the south. Cornholes would be a close third.

Comment

I agree with you, I haven't drank the McNabb Kool-aid yet either. I think he is a product of ESPN just like Tony Romo, granted I would take either over Jackson or Gus

Comment

Hey, I'm a Bear's fan too, and I think I've got the solution. Draft Ryan Berry and let him show the league what a Jackrabbit can do in the windy city.

GO JACKS
                              Go Big, Go Blue, Go Jacks!!!

Comment

OK, so apparently Matt Cassel was available (traded to KC Chiefs today, along with Mike Vrabel for a second round choice) but the Vikes got Sage Rosenfels for a fourth rounder... are you KIDDING me?

If there was ever any doubt that Chilly is a complete idiot, this should prove it. The Vikings are a QB away from being a Super Bowl contender and they don't go after the one proven, young QB talent available. Instead we get another journeyman who I will refer to as Gus Frerotte II. Who's next? The return of Shaun Hill?

Seriously. Would anybody here take Rosenfels over Cassel? You certainly can't argue that a second round pick was too much to give for Cassel. He's a steal at that price.

Chilly is going to drive me crazy.
                                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Working...
                                X