Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is There Any Hope for the T-Wolves?

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic
    I don't think anything can beat the stupidity of putting the illegal Joe Smith contracts in writing. I mean a wink and a nod is one thing, but memorializing them and then forgetting how many copies you made. Taylor is lucky, freeeking lucky, the NBA didn't force him to sell after that. He wouldn't have gotten very much when for the franchise when the league sets a sell by date.
    That definitely would make the Top 5 in the list of the crappiest events in T-Wolves history... : : :

Comment

Originally posted by NightHawk78
      The T-Wolves with KG have been like the BS Conference when it comes to expansion: A BIG TEASE!
      ;D BRILLIANT!!!

An edict from Jackrabit1:

"From hence forth I hearby dub the Big Sky Conference the "Big Tease Conference!

Thus it is written, thus as it ever shall be. Oyez! Oyez! Oyez!"
      I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by NightHawk78
        The T-Wolves with KG have been like the BS Conference when it comes to expansion: A BIG TEASE!

Classic!

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Taylor was advised by McHale that the move was risky, and he still signed off on it. How did he make his billions? The tone of this is very troubling, because we all know that Sid is the biggest homer of them all.

http://www.startribune.com/507/story/548942.html

Timberwolves owner Glen Taylor, excited about the signing of veteran guard Mike James, said the team doesn't have any interest in trading with Portland for Darius Miles, contrary to circulating rumors, and will not make a strong effort to sign Denver free agent Reggie Evans because of his contract demands.
          Miles' fat contract would not fit in with the Wolves, Taylor added, and team vice president Kevin McHale has other plans to bring in a big man to complement Kevin Garnett.

"Without saying some names, either we're going to look at a trade or a free agent for a bigger guy," Taylor said. "I'm aware that [McHale is] talking to three different teams on their guys. Two of them would be a trade, and the other one would probably be a sign-and-trade."

Taylor believes the addition of James will be a big plus.

"I think we accomplished a number of things with James," Taylor said. "We got an outside shooter, he's a veteran player, and we needed a point guard with experience. That was by far the most important thing.

"But Kevin isn't done. If he can, he's got some other things in mind. He's just got to work on a trade, but he's been working on this Mike James thing."

Taylor admitted there is some risk in the big contract given to James, who really has enjoyed only one big year in his career -- last year when he averaged 20.3 points per game.

And I might add that Toronto didn't make an offer to the free agent, instead trading with Milwaukee for another point guard in T.J. Ford.

"There's some risk in that the kid [James] was undrafted," Taylor said. "He's developed himself. He's had a big year. But then on the other hand, he did make the shots last year. There's some risk in that, you're right."

Even though Wolves guard Marko Jaric has a big contract, Taylor added, several teams have expressed interest in taking him in potential trades.

"We got, like, four or five teams that have called up on him," Taylor said. "That won't be a problem if we want to trade him but, at this point, we haven't made that decision."

Taylor said the Timberwolves have made a contract offer to free-agent point guard Marcus Banks, who finished the season with the team after coming over from the Celtics.

"We'll make him an offer, and it will be up to him," Taylor said.

On the subject of Troy Hudson, who has been pretty much inactive recently because of ankle problems, Taylor said the guard is doing all of the rehab things that the doctors have asked him to do. Whether or not he will be able to perform at full speed is still a question.

I still like the addition of James, but this club isn't going to show much improvement unless McHale finds a big banger who takes the pressure off Garnett. That's been the problem for some time.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Reusse sums up another lost season.

http://www.startribune.com/508/story/562971.html

So, let's review what McHale has given up to fill one hole in the 11½ months since Cassell was traded:

He used a No. 1 choice on Foye and traded away two others. He traded his team's second-best player in Szczerbiak in the deal for Banks, now gone after starting 28 games in garbage time last season. He committed a combined $61.3 million of owner Glen Taylor's money to a guy who can't play (Jaric) and a 31-year-old journeyman who prefers not to pass (James).

And if all of this doesn't make Taylor twitch, he's also on the hook for another $27.6 million for Troy Hudson, now limping the anchor leg behind Micheal Williams, Terrell Brandon and Rod Strickland on the Wolves' relay for lame point guards.

For this mess, the Wolves will reach back to days of yore and fire Casey on or about Dec. 18.

But look at it this way, Dwane. You never had to coach Rider, who had another dustup in Oakland, Calif. Felony possession of cocaine, the cops are calling it.

Comment

Well the title of this post is if there is any hope for the T-Wolves, so I'll post this as a positive to go along with everyone else's negatives.
              It's from a scout who gave his ratings of the draft picks so far at the summer leagues.

Pick 7 - Randy Foye, Minnesota
              I don’t think anyone would argue with me that he’s been the most exciting player in the Vegas Summer League. Has shown an innate ability to get to the basket whenever he wants, to rise with body control, hang and finish – unlike a lot of guys his size. He’s 6-3, but can go up against guys who are five or six inches taller and still get his shot off. The scouts around the league who had him rated high on their draft board were right on. He’s proven already that the size factor is not going to be an issue with him. He’s got a great handle and can shoot it from the outside.

Comment

Here's a current trade rumor,

The St. Paul Pioneer Press says a persisting rumor has Marko Jaric and Trenton Hassell heading to Denver in exchange for Kenyon Martin.

Comment

Working...
                X