Bad News Twins Fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bad News Twins Fans

Twins beat Cleveland 14-6 to make it eight in a row! Silva struggled, but it was joyful to see big, ol' C.C. Sabithia roughed up and out in the 4th. 8-)

Rondell went 4-for-5 with 4 RBIs. I thought he was hopeless the first half of the season (with a .182 BA), but the stint on the DL and the rehab assignment to Triple-A really got his season turned around. In the past six games since returning to MN, he's 12-for-23 (.522) with 3 HRs and 10 RBIs.

Comment

Originally posted by NightHawk78
      Twins beat Cleveland 14-6 to make it eight in a row! Silva struggled, but it was joyful to see big, ol' C.C. Sabithia roughed up and out in the 4th.  8-)

Rondell went 4-for-5 with 4 RBIs. I thought he was hopeless the first half of the season (with a .182 BA), but the stint on the DL and the rehab assignment to Triple-A really got his season turned around. In the past six games since returning to MN, he's 12-for-23 (.522) with 3 HRs and 10 RBIs.
      What a turn around! I believe when TR was listed as the GM making the worst moves this year by CNNSI.com, Rondell was cited as one of the reasons why. Its early, but TR may have the last laugh, which is the best laugh.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/story/9591549

MINNEAPOLIS -- With Francisco Liriano's pitching arm still bothering him, the Minnesota Twins purchased the contract of right-hander Matt Garza from Triple-A Rochester on Tuesday.

Minnesota manager Ron Gardenhire called it "a muscular problem" and said Liriano would be checked out by team doctors after the Twins return to Minneapolis on Wednesday. The pitcher has not been put on the disabled list, but such a move would be a crippling blow to the team's playoff chances.

Liriano's move from the bullpen to the starting lineup in May coincided with a remarkable run by the Twins that helped them rebound from a poor start and get right back into the AL wild card race.

Not good news for a team that has good solid chances at a wildcard spot. hopefully things will get better for Francisco and he will help lead the Twins to the playoffs.

Comment

Definitely hurts this years playoff chances, but they have to look long term.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

From what I've heard, Matt Garza is a stud pitcher too, probally not as polished as Liriano but should suffice.......can't be any worse than how boof and baker have pitched so far.

Comment

Keep the faith Twinky fans! Liriano is out for a bit but Radtke is really starting to bring the quality stuff we've come to expect! He's 7-1 in his last 12 starts. Plus, the Twins are really coming up with the big hits at big times.

It'll be a challenge to get into the postseason but it is going to be a helluva lot of fun to watch the end of the season! I was depressed by this time last year!

SUPERBUNNY
              MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

You're right, Superbunny! This will be the sixth consecutive winning season for the Twins. This sure beats the crappy years in the late 90s and the 20 or so years of crappiness from the Royals since they were last in the World Series.

Comment

Bad to worse, Liriano probably out for 18 months (last I heard). On top of that the ump blows a call at 2nd where the A's runner was clearly out and as fate would have it the guy is driven in with 2 outs for the only run of the game. Hardly and excuse but sure seems like the breaks aren't going the Twins way.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

DAMN DAMN DAMN!!!!

Is Liriano going to have Tommy John surgery?
                    I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Sounds like Tommy John surgery is probably in Liriano's immediate future. Hopefully, he'll be back healthier and stronger for Spring Training 2008 if that is the case.......

Comment

We just have to keep the faith. The Twins have made up a lot of ground without Liriano and Radke. The young positions players have came up big and hopefully will continue to do so. I still believe they will make the playoffs and then who knows. My vote is Santana for Cy Young and Morneau for MVP. Just keep Smelling Em. Go Twins!

Comment

According to the Twins web site Liriano's injury may not be as bas as feared and reconstruction surgery may not be required.  The optimistic outlook is that he can be ready next spring.

Read about it at http://minnesota.twins.mlb.com/NASAp...p&c_id=min

Comment

Nice win last night after Crain gets bit. Sox and Tigers both idle. I'll be listening as I head over the IO way tonight. Always makes the trip more pleasant when the Twins play well.

Good news for the Twin's future if Liarano is indeed okay. No help this year of course.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

bump

Comment

I think with the young arms, especially Boof doing decent is a big reason they're surging right now.

Can you imagine what we'd be now if we had put in Liriano earlier and dropped some of the early dead weight sooner?
                                I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Working...
                                X