Minnesota Twins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota Twins

October 5, 2004... the streak begins. October 3, 2023... the streak ends!!

6,397 days later... 19 years... the 18-game playoff losing streak is finally over! Twins WIN 3-1 over the visiting Toronto Blue Jays.

So let it be known, no one, and I mean NO ONE beats the mighty playoff Twins 19-times in a row!!

BOOM

Comment

Thielbar gets out of a big jam with a DP.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
        Thielbar gets out of a big jam with a DP.
        Hopefully issue with Duran isn't long term

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Hopefully issue with Duran isn't long term
          Sounds like it was a cut on his thumb or finger. They don't play again til Saturday, so hopefully he'll be OK.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Sounds like it was a cut on his thumb or finger. They don't play again til Saturday, so hopefully he'll be OK.
            Hopefully they have leads that don't require him to pitch until whatever's ailing him can heal.

Comment

So I was just looking during lunch... maybe some of you know, but I sure didn't. Jhoan Duran's tenure with the Twins can be directly traced to the original AJ Pierzynski trade... Twins drafted AJ in 1994, playing in '98-'03, where he was traded to the Giants for Joe Nathan (04-11), Francisco Liriano (05-12), and ol Boof Bonser (06-08)... Liriano was traded to the White Sox in 2012 for Eduardo Escobar (and Pedro Hernandez). Eduardo played from '12-'18 for the Twins, and was traded to the Diamondbacks for Jhoan Duran and two other minor leaguers. So, I guess one could make the argument that the Twins made the right move with trading AJ.... Kind of fun tracing trade trees sometimes.

Comment

Working...
              X