• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacked4Days
    replied
    Re: Zenner continues to get attention

Originally posted by goon View Post
    Can someone also break down exactly what he means by "He ain't do nothing but put the pads on." I am stumped by that one.
    I think that means that if he puts the pads on and steps on the field, he is going to get hit hard. He "signed up for it" by lacing up the cleats and stepping on the field. I feel like there is more to the story than that. Maybe the players don't like the way Zenner goes about his business?

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
    When he says tried, does that mean he was in fact laid out or was he strong enough to fend them off?
    Can someone also break down exactly what he means by "He ain't do nothing but put the pads on." I am stumped by that one.

Leave a comment:

• Jacked4Days
    replied

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
    Josh Katzenstein ‏@jkatzenstein
    Not sure what Zach Zenner did, but at least three defenders have tried to lay him out tonight.

Tahir Whitehead on why guys were hitting Zenner hard: "He ain't do nothing but put the pads on."
    When he says tried, does that mean he was in fact laid out or was he strong enough to fend them off?

Leave a comment:

• MontanaRabbit
    replied

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
    Tahir Whitehead on why guys were hitting Zenner hard: "He ain't do nothing but put the pads on."
    Ummmmmm....wow.

Leave a comment:

• SanDakotaState
    replied

Not sure what Zach Zenner did, but at least three defenders have tried to lay him out tonight.

Leave a comment:

• da_coach
    replied

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
    Any news on how he's performing? I really hope this kid makes it. Quite a story.
    This is why you are one of the good guys yf. I haven't read much honestly. But that's to be expected from an UDFA from the FCS.

Hopefully he does well in camp, and shows enough in PS to get signed to someone's practice squad. (They save roster spots for fa's and draft picks).

Once you're on a practice squad, anyone can pick you up.-then you pretty much have to wait for injury/opportunity to come along.

Leave a comment:

• yoteforever
    replied

Any news on how he's performing? I really hope this kid makes it. Quite a story.

Leave a comment:

• SanDakotaState
    replied

Just a heads up:

Sportscenter will be showing live video of the Lions training camp all day long tomorrow for those who are interested.

Leave a comment:

• UWMandSDSU
    replied

Midco Sports Magazine: 'Football Frenzy' 07.07.15.

Zenner's story begins at 15:03
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Clph...ature=youtu.be

Leave a comment:

• SanDakotaState
    replied

Ameer Abdullah giving praise to Zach Zenner in an article about the former Husker:

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/co...llah/28905459/

Abdullah is passionate about learning; and that's how he is attacking this camp, trying to learn from the other running backs. "You can take a little bit here from Joique (Bell)," he said. "You can take a little bit here from Theo (Riddick). You can take a lot from Zach Zenner."

Leave a comment:

• UWMandSDSU
    replied

Zenner to host running back camp down in Sioux Falls, July 21st.
    http://www.sanfordsports.com/news_ar...rrer_id=864259

Leave a comment:

• rabbits64
    replied

nice press today in Detroit

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf...s_detroit.html

And this from the Lions Web site
    http://www.detroitlions.com/news/lio...f-209dcd79051b

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

A
    Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
    I read Zimmer's article before it was pulled, and I thought the point in race being a factor was unfounded and had no place in the article. That's my opinion.

I also think we need to keep politics off of this board. With the recent events in Ferguson and Baltimore, I've seen threads go down in flames on other message boards, and those topics ALWAYS result in bans for reasons that have been mentioned by others already. It would be a time consuming, dumpster fire for the moderators.
    A key word UNFOUNED. Rep points given.

Leave a comment:

• SanDakotaState
    replied

VERY good analysis of Zenner on a Detroit Lions website.

https://detroitlionsall22.wordpress....ing-skill-set/
    Last edited by SanDakotaState; 05-06-2015, 11:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TK22867
    replied

I read Zimmer's article before it was pulled, and I thought the point in race being a factor was unfounded and had no place in the article. That's my opinion.

I also think we need to keep politics off of this board. With the recent events in Ferguson and Baltimore, I've seen threads go down in flames on other message boards, and those topics ALWAYS result in bans for reasons that have been mentioned by others already. It would be a time consuming, dumpster fire for the moderators.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X