Zenner continues to get attention

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Zenner continues to get attention

I get that the Lions are a pass first offense but if they stayed as committed to the run in the second half as they did in the first it mightkeep thier defense off the field and give stafford less chances to throw to the wrong team. they abandoned the run the second half the last two games and they just dug a hole to where they didn't have time to run it and catch up. Obviously I know it all and should be an NFL coach.

Comment

Two weeks in a row that the Lions heavily utilized Zenner in the first half with good success only to completely go away from him in the second half. The announcers even said that early in this week's game that he had a big first half against the Cowboys and then they totally went away from the run. The result? Two losses in winnable games. The need to run the ball to be more successful offensively, to keep the defense off the field, and to shorten the game. They failed miserably. Good ole Jim Bob Sugarlips should be dumped at the end of the year for that.

Just keep feeding ZZ and good things happen! OBTW, did anyone else also notice how solid he was in pass protection? He does the little things too!

SUPERBUNNY
      MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

And he acts like he has been there before! Becoming a vanishing breed?

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          Refresh my memory, what was that? I noticed the camera pick up Zenner sitting on the bench. The announcer was talking about third string backs. ZZ is not a third stringer in our minds.
          "What is(was) the Tyrel cool Experiment" it's All I could think of when they threw up Zenners College stats. I kept thinking look at is Fr. year what 400 yds and on how many carrys? ( I know I personally witnessed one long one at CAS) Jus think wha that year could have been if we kept cool as a receiver (where he was better IMO) and ran zenner instead. He likely could have had 4 2000+ yd years.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
            "What is(was) the Tyrel cool Experiment" it's All I could think of when they threw up Zenners College stats. I kept thinking look at is Fr. year what 400 yds and on how many carrys? ( I know I personally witnessed one long one at CAS) Jus think wha that year could have been if we kept cool as a receiver (where he was better IMO) and ran zenner instead. He likely could have had 4 2000+ yd years.
            You done got me curious...

RUSHING GP Att Gain Loss Net Avg TD Long Avg/G
            Tyrel Kool 11 151 558 24 534 3.5 4 18 48.5
            Zach Zenner 11 107 480 10 470 4.4 3 45 42.7
            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
              Two weeks in a row that the Lions heavily utilized Zenner in the first half with good success only to completely go away from him in the second half. The announcers even said that early in this week's game that he had a big first half against the Cowboys and then they totally went away from the run. The result? Two losses in winnable games. The need to run the ball to be more successful offensively, to keep the defense off the field, and to shorten the game. They failed miserably. Good ole Jim Bob Sugarlips should be dumped at the end of the year for that.

Just keep feeding ZZ and good things happen! OBTW, did anyone else also notice how solid he was in pass protection? He does the little things too!

SUPERBUNNY
              Yes and no. I watched all of both games. The run game wasn't as effective in the second half of either game. Instead of setting up a 2nd and 4 or 5 like in the first half you were seeing a lot more 2nd and 8 or 9. Not sure if it's the defense making adjustments or what, but it's a fact the run game was less affective in the second half. Also in the Packer game Zach had 20 carries for an average of 3.5 yards. In the first half he was over 50 with an average around 5 IIRC. The 20 carries for Zach is a pretty damn big workload for a back that hasn't been seeing many carries.

Part of the reason you only saw two carries in the second half of the Cowboys games was they fell behind multiple touchdowns earlier in second half and were forced to throw to try to catch up.

Could he have been used more, sure, but when he was he was also less effective for whatever reason.

He did prove he is capable if given a chance. He made himself a lot of money over the last two weeks I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                Refresh my memory, what was that? I noticed the camera pick up Zenner sitting on the bench. The announcer was talking about third string backs. ZZ is not a third stringer in our minds.
                That was the Tyrel Kool as a RB year....back when Stig wasn't keen on using more talented underclassmen when he had more experienced players on the roster. He has come a long way in that respect. I give him credit for that. Can't undo the past.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                  Yes and no. I watched all of both games. The run game wasn't as effective in the second half of either game. Instead of setting up a 2nd and 4 or 5 like in the first half you were seeing a lot more 2nd and 8 or 9. Not sure if it's the defense making adjustments or what, but it's a fact the run game was less affective in the second half. Also in the Packer game Zach had 20 carries for an average of 3.5 yards. In the first half he was over 50 with an average around 5 IIRC. The 20 carries for Zach is a pretty damn big workload for a back that hasn't been seeing many carries.

Part of the reason you only saw two carries in the second half of the Cowboys games was they fell behind multiple touchdowns earlier in second half and were forced to throw to try to catch up.

Could he have been used more, sure, but when he was he was also less effective for whatever reason.

He did prove he is capable if given a chance. He made himself a lot of money over the last two weeks I think.
                  He is also playing special teams. I thought he looked pretty gassed at times.
                  “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                    That was the Tyrel Kool as a RB year....back when Stig wasn't keen on using more talented underclassmen when he had more experienced players on the roster. He has come a long way in that respect. I give him credit for that. Can't undo the past.
                    Yes I reckon so, we even go for it on 4th down when we are close to the red zone.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                      He is also playing special teams. I thought he looked pretty gassed at times.
                      I did too. Slow to get up at times. He had to work hard for every yard he got.

I think we could argue he was under used some in the second half of the Dallas game but not last night.

Comment

Michael Bennett thinks Zach is pretty good.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...er-best-rb-nfl

Comment

I did too. Slow to get up at times. He had to work hard for every yard he got.

I think we could argue he was under used some in the second half of the Dallas game but not last night.
                          Saw a tweet that said ZZ is only getting to have .9 yards before contact and is getting 2.9 after contact. That's crazy. If he got that first stat up to 1.2-1.5 it will make a huge difference in his yards after contact as well. If your getting hit in the first yard you have to break tackles of d lineman and linebackers, which makes yards after contact a lot harder plus it's going to wear on you more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Michael Bennett thinks Zach is pretty good.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...er-best-rb-nfl
                            Hopefully the Vikes release Peterson and then the Lions release Zenner so he can sign with the Vikes after Detroit wins the Super Bowl

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                              Saw a tweet that said ZZ is only getting to have .9 yards before contact and is getting 2.9 after contact. That's crazy. If he got that first stat up to 1.2-1.5 it will make a huge difference in his yards after contact as well. If your getting hit in the first yard you have to break tackles of d lineman and linebackers, which makes yards after contact a lot harder plus it's going to wear on you more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Detroit's OL (particularly the "stuffed rank" listed here) could have something to do with that. As for how to improve Zenner's stats -- take a look at the team listed one spot higher than the Lions. It's not like the Vike's OL wasn't a "cluster" this year ... oh wait

Comment

Zenner's off season plans.

http://www.detroitlions.com/news/lio...3-e0851020658f
                                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Working...
                                X