Zenner continues to get attention

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Zenner continues to get attention

Lions win 31 - 28. Zack, 14 carries for 58 yds and 2 for 2 receptions for 19 yds. a 77 yd day! So proud of our J(Z)ack!

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
      Lion 31, Ram 28

Zach's first NFL start -- 58 yards on 14 carries, both career highs.
      And 2 receptions for 19 yds.

Comment

So many plays where he didn't have a chance either. Hit in the backfield right away.
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
          So many plays where he didn't have a chance either. Hit in the backfield right away.
          It looks like there is good reason they can't keep RB's healthy. Zach is lucky he didn't get concussed on that sideline play late when a tackler was holding him up and the safety came in and went helmet to helmet. Not sure why that wasn't called.

Comment

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nf...nner/92221336/

Comment

Well they got half of the school correct

Comment

Zenner with his first career TD! They lined him up as the fullback and gave him a quick dive on 2nd and 1. He has 7 carries for 24 yards.

Comment

Zenner getting a few carries today.
                  Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

ZZ ended up leading the Lions in rushing today with 40 yards in 9 carries. I think all came in the second half and many were important carries to keep the clock running down the stretch.

This looks so familiar.
                    @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                    --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Update via The Oakland Press:

Zach Zenner, who suffered a concussion on Sunday, was practicing but wearing a red jersey. He was offiicially limited according to the practice report.

Coach Jim Caldwell said Zenner is going through concussion protocol. Certainly it’s a positive sign for Zenner that he was on the field wearing a helmet and going through the plays.
                      @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
                        Update via The Oakland Press:

Zach Zenner, who suffered a concussion on Sunday, was practicing but wearing a red jersey. He was offiicially limited according to the practice report.

Coach Jim Caldwell said Zenner is going through concussion protocol. Certainly it’s a positive sign for Zenner that he was on the field wearing a helmet and going through the plays.
                        Anyone see the play that caused it? A couple plays before ZZ broke of a 6-8 yarder for a 1st down. On the play that caused it they give it to him again and Ebron and Boldin let him get sandwiched for lost of yards and a concussion.

Kinda pissed me off as a Lions fan and a Zenner fan.

Comment

Brutal fumble by Zenner inside the 5 today.
                          Originally posted by JackFan96
                          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                            Brutal fumble by Zenner inside the 5 today.
                            Yeah it was. Helmet on football is hard to hold onto no matter who you are, though.

Hoping it doesn't hurt his carries going forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks like he got least he got one more carry, plus a couple of receptions, including a 33-yarder, after the fumble. Considering the Lions' injury situation at RB, it would have been tough to bench him for the rest of the game, which is what they did with Abdullah last year.
                              @JacksFanInNeb

Comment

Zenner with a very impressive first drive capped off with a TD!

Comment

Working...
                                X