Naters gonna Nate - on the NBA stage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Naters gonna Nate - on the NBA stage

Nate and Taylor Braun will be playing (unless Braun gets another DNP-CD tonight) on the same court tonight for the 1st time since the 2012 Summit League Championship game when SDSU defeated NDSU. Game is at 9 central time

Comment

Q&A from Jason Kidd about Nate Wolters

Q.Is an upgrade required at the point guard position?

A. I think B (Brandon) Knight can play both. I'm very comfortable with him at the point or at the 2. Do you look at anyone out there to make the team better? That's all you look for, at any position. The possibility is there to get a quality backup, or if you wanted to look at Brandon starting at the 2 and playing another guard at the 1. Nate (Wolters) is solid. Depth is something big in this league, no matter how old or how young you are, because it's 82 games. When you have injuries and you can count on guys coming off the bench to step in and start, it gives you a chance to be one of those teams that are always successful.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
        I find it interesting that the Bucks have signed two former Badgers to be part of the guard mix in Vegas. Jordan Taylor was a former All-American for the Badgers who owns the NCAA D1 career record for assist/turnover ratio.
        Jordan Taylor is just... wow. Painful to watch
        "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Wolters 16 pts (5-10 FG), 4 ast, 2 reb, 1 stl. Ex-NDSU star Braun had 1 reb, 1 stl for Phx. Parker was AWFUL tonight. Bucks lose 82-93

Comment

Good to see Braun fill up the stat sheet like that.
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Recap of the game last night http://bit.ly/1jGPMSh
              "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Whenever Wolters has gone to the bench tonight, Antetokounmpo runs the point. Interesting.
                Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                  Whenever Wolters has gone to the bench tonight, Antetokounmpo runs the point. Interesting.

I think Kidd said something to the effect of wanting Antetokounmpo to work on his ball handling this summer. I guess he was serious.
                  "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Per Marc Stein: "ESPN sources say Milwaukee Bucks are closing in on a deal with free-agent guard Jerryd Bayless."

Competition for Nate...
                    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Per Jeremy Schmidt:

"Potential Bucks signee Jerryd Bayless is repped by Jeff Schwartz, Jason Kidd's agent."

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                        Per Marc Stein: "ESPN sources say Milwaukee Bucks are closing in on a deal with free-agent guard Jerryd Bayless."

Competition for Nate...
                        The word is Bayless will sign for 2 years at between $6-7 million. Which means he will make the roster , which isn't good news for Nate.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                          The word is Bayless will sign for 2 years at between $6-7 million. Which means he will make the roster , which isn't good news for Nate.
                          Sessions will be gone (or is he already) then I'm guessing.
                          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                            Sessions will be gone (or is he already) then I'm guessing.
                            Sessions is gone. He was only was only with the Bucks till seasons end just like Jeff Adrain who has a dea to sign with the Rockets right now. The Bucks had to get another guard so it no surprise. Good competition for Nate. It will work itself out just like last season when the Bucks had Neal, Knight, Ridnour, and Wolters. The thing that bothers me is the fact that Gainnas might be playing some point guard during the season. With that said Nate will get his minutes.

Comment

Per Vandrovec:

Summer League final: Spurs 100, Bucks 71. Wolters 7 pts (3-7 FG), 3 reb, 2 ast, 1 stl.

Comment

Per Marc Stein:

"Bucks are looking for passers and backcourt upgrades and will soon add Kendall Marshall as newest guard alongside recent signed Jarryd Bayless"

Ughhhh...

Comment

Working...
                                X