Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Naters gonna Nate - on the NBA stage

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
    Nate will also be wearing #3 instead of #10 like he did during summer league. (#10 is going back to carlos delfieno)
    OJ Mayo will be wearing #3 actually. Nate will be #6
    http://www.nba.com/bucks/roster/2013
    Last edited by SanDakotaState; 08-06-2013, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
      OJ Mayo will be wearing #3 actually. Nate will be #6
      http://www.nba.com/bucks/roster/2013
      Doesnt sound right, he should have done 33 or something.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

LeBron James' number. I like it
        "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
          After shaking my head, i reconsidered his number, Austin Sumners number. I like it.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
            And if the rumors are true that they are negotiating to re-sign Brandon Jennings , it's really going to be a crowded guard situation.
            Brandon Jennings was traded to the Motor City Bad Boys last week in a sign-and-trade deal.

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96
              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

* Never lost an elimination game.
                * Won national championships 13 times in 16 years.
                * Won an NCAA title, an Olympic gold medal and an NBA title within a thirteen month span (March 27, 1956 to April 13, 1957)

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post

* Never lost an elimination game.
                  * Won national championships 13 times in 16 years.
                  * Won an NCAA title, an Olympic gold medal and an NBA title within a thirteen month span (March 27, 1956 to April 13, 1957)
                  Never knew Russell wore #6. Thanks zoo.
                  Originally posted by JackFan96
                  Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Both are great players but when its all said and done, LeBron will go down as better than both of those players.

FWIW, here is a list of the players in NBA & ABA who wore #6: http://www.basketball-reference.com/...s.cgi?number=6

Comment

Both are great players but when its all said and done, LeBron will go down as better than both of those players
                      Bill Russell *never* lost an elimination game.

Bill Russell *never* lost a playoff series.

Bill Russell *never* put in a series like LeBron did against the Mavs in 2011.

And before you say, "Well, that was in the past," let me remind you that Bill Russell *never* put in a performance that pathetic. There was no 'past' for Russell to get over.

Bill Russell retired when he could no longer put forth the mental effort required to dominate that game.

LeBron spent the first what? six? seven? years of his career trying to figure out how to muster that mental effort.

If you want to talk about stats, then you will never understand Russell. Russell cared about exactly one stat the moment he stepped onto the court: the final score. If you don't understand that, then you can't understand Russell.

There will never, ever, be a player like Russell. Period. Because there will never be Jim Crow laws, and people breaking into a player's house and defecating on his bed. You won't see members of the Celtics eating Thanksgiving dinner at the home of a 76er before a game. The game has changed, and there isn't a need for pioneers like Russell anymore. There isn't room for them. In my opinion, there's Bill Russell, and then there's everyone else. And the top of that list starts with Magic, and then Bird, and then Jordan.

Comment

You are right the game has changed, there is more than 6 teams with two teams that have loaded talent. Best acquisition LeBron had was an aging Antwain Jamison. In fact, he arguably took the worst team to the NBA finals ever.

Back on topic, it is great Nate signed an NBA contract and has an official number. Great for SDSU Basketball

Comment

tickets for the wolves vs bucks game went on sale today. ticket prices are 74.96-213.81 per ticket.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/minnesot...4&minorcatid=7

Comment

Originally posted by jacks nl View Post
                            tickets for the wolves vs bucks game went on sale today. ticket prices are 74.96-213.81 per ticket.http://www.ticketmaster.com/minnesot...4&minorcatid=7
                            Ya, I was 100% sure I was going to buy a ticket until they wanted as much/more than what you pay at Target Center. Ridiculous

Comment

Ya, I was 100% sure I was going to buy a ticket until they wanted as much/more than what you pay at Target Center. Ridiculous
                              Look at it this way, you'd pay $40 in gas to get to the Cities for a game and here you're saving quite a bit of that. Plus, no hotel in the Cities. See, the price isn't so bad now. After season football tickets, extra NDSU tickets, Nub game tickets, and USD game tickets, my wife was less than pleased to learn I purchased a couple of these, even though she's going with me.
                              "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                              "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

You are also watching a regular season game when you go to cities. Last year, I think I went to a regular season game lower level for like 120 or so. For the same spot they are charging 120+ for a preseason game. I still might get the tickets but it is absolutely ridiculous. The prices should be cut in half.

Comment

Working...
                                X