Naters gonna Nate - on the NBA stage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Naters gonna Nate - on the NBA stage

Everybody makes mistakes,just make sure to be there when your opponent makes theirs, that will come from the hard work of being at the right place at the right time. Nate's not afraid to put in the work,it will pay off eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post

Pretty cool video about Nate Wolters.
      I could watch Nate dribbling a basketball for hours. Really hope he gets a chance at the NBA again.

Comment

http://www.todaysfastbreak.com/from-...-of-nba-dream/

Comment

@shamscharania Free agent Nate Wolters has agreed to a deal with the Denver Nuggets, league sources tell The Vertical. Wolters was 38th pick in 2013 draft.

Comment

Still waiting on the details of the contract.

Everything I'm reading is pointing to this as a camp invite type of deal, and that it's unlikely he'll be on the roster past then.

Guess we'll see.
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

More on the signing.
              http://www.argusleader.com/story/blo...3a04360f635c79
              no real details though
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                Still waiting on the details of the contract.

Everything I'm reading is pointing to this as a camp invite type of deal, and that it's unlikely he'll be on the roster past then.

Guess we'll see.
                Camp Invite yes, but unlikely he will make the team that may be the case, but seems to be your own interpretation. I wouldn't bet against Nate as the European experience has made him a better according to sources close to him.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                  Camp Invite yes, but unlikely he will make the team that may be the case, but seems to be your own interpretation. I wouldn't bet against Nate as the European experience has made him a better according to sources close to him.
                  It was from what I was reading online, not my own perception. I don't know enough about Denver's roster construction to have much of an opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                    It was from what I was reading online, not my own perception. I don't know enough about Denver's roster construction to have much of an opinion.
                    They have 15 signed so a spot is not available unless Denver makes some moves. Their projected depth chart is at the link below

http://www.espn.com/nba/team/depth/_...denver-nuggets

It isn't a bad place for him to go to camp. He will likely end up in the D League but if he impresses he could catch on with someone during the season, including the Nuggets who have had their issues at the point the past several years.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
                      They have 15 signed so a spot is not available unless Denver makes some moves. Their projected depth chart is at the link below

http://www.espn.com/nba/team/depth/_...denver-nuggets

It isn't a bad place for him to go to camp. He will likely end up in the D League but if he impresses he could catch on with someone during the season, including the Nuggets who have had their issues at the point the past several years.
                      If they decide to carry three point guards, which many teams do, Nate could be in good shape. I don't think they are likely to keep four players at the 2 spot. Nate has an advantage in that he can also play the 2.

Comment

Honestly, Denver is not a bad option. With the depth chart posted on ESPN, you have two point guards - Emmanuel Mudiay and Jameer Nelson. Mudiay is locked in as the starting PG, but Nelson's best days are behind him. Last year they carried three point guards on the roster.

ESPN reported in April that Nelson was not happy with his playing time last season. He was relegated to third string and saw limited action down the stretch.

Denver Nuggets backup point guard Jameer Nelson is signed through the 2017-18 season, however he may not be with the team to the end of the deal. Nelson was relegated to third on the point guard depth chart during the second half of this season and he played in just three games (40 minutes) from Jan. 17 to the last day. Nelson did not play due to injuries and the acquisition of D.J. Augustin. For that reason, Nelson may ask for a trade during the offseason.

Augustin left for Orlando via free agency, so Nelson is currently 2nd on the depth chart. However, the 12-year veteran had modest numbers last year: 7.7 ppg, 4.9 apg, 1.7 to/game, 2.9 rpg. Solid numbers until you look at his shooting percentage. 36.8% from the field and 29.9% from behind the arc. Nate can put up those kinds of numbers and you would have to believe he has more upside. I can't imagine Nelson, who will turn 35 during the season next year, offers an upgrade at defense over Nate. The biggest advantage I see is that Nelson has two years remaining on his contract. His contract for this next season is $4,540,525 and $4,736,050 for his final year. I'm no expert is salary cap management, but that value coming off the books with higher TV revenue will help Denver attract higher profile talent in the next two years.

Nate would need to prove he has a strong future, because Jameer is a nice Band-Aid until they decide how they want to continue to build their roster.

Comment

The Nuggets traded Lauvergne for 2 future draft picks leaving a potential roster spot for Wolters. All he has to do is beat out D.J. Kennedy, JaKarr Sampson, and Axel Toupane in training camp.

http://bsndenver.com/nuggets-deal-jo...ne-to-thunder/

Comment

Chris Reichert (D-League expert), gives his opinion on who should make the Nuggets roster.

Stiffs: Is Nate Wolters an NBA player?

Chris: Yes, 100 percent yes. At 6-4 Wolters would be a quality backup for pretty much any team in the NBA. He’s a heady player who has above average quickness, especially with the ball in his hands. Playmaking for others is his key attribute and he seemingly always makes the right play. He also uses his size to his advantage and even flashes some moves in the post when the opportunity presents itself.

While a capable outside shooter, I wouldn’t say it’s really a strength of his. Wolters is more adept at turning the corner on the pick-and-roll and taking what the defense gives him; whether a straight drive to the rim or a pull up mid-range shot. In his only extended NBA playing time (back in 2013/14 with the Bucks) he posted an impressive assist/turnover ratio of 3.28 as well.

Stiffs: If you were the Nuggets GM, which former D-league player would you add to the roster? And why? Wolters, Stokes, Toupane, Sampson, Kennedy, Hummel (Hummel didn’t play in the D-league but is invited to camp).

Chris: This might be obvious based on the previous question, but I would roll with Nate Wolters. Mudiay and Jameer are the only two point guards on the roster right now. While rookie Jamal Murray showed a propensity to play the lead guard position (especially with the Canadian NT), I would want him spotting up off the ball primarily. Wolters brings a steady hand to the point guard position and will push Nelson for backup minutes if given the opportunity. Earlier this offseason there were rumblings that if he was not given more minutes, Nelson wouldn’t be adverse to a trade so adding Wolters would provide a fallback option if needed.

The power forward/center spots are crowded with budding young talent so while I think Stokes is an NBA player, I don’t know that the fit is right in Denver.
                            http://www.denverstiffs.com/2016/9/8...s-nate-wolters

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                              Chris Reichert (D-League expert), gives his opinion on who should make the Nuggets roster.

http://www.denverstiffs.com/2016/9/8...s-nate-wolters
                              Just one guy's opinion, but that seems like a good sign.

Comment

Interview with Wolters before training camp starts up next week.

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nb...laim-nba-spot/

Comment

Working...
                                X