Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Naters gonna Nate - on the NBA stage

Originally posted by jack power View Post
    From what I heard I would doubt he paid his way out of his contract. That wouldn't make any sense. Also heard that Nate is hoping to finish out the season in the D-League.
    Isn't there only another week left of that season though?

Comment

Originally posted by Jackrabbit'14 View Post
      Isn't there only another week left of that season though?
      Yes, one week left of the DLeague regular season. Some DLeague teams will sign players that are playing overseas so they have their rights for next season.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
        Yes, one week left of the DLeague regular season. Some DLeague teams will sign players that are playing overseas so they have their rights for next season.
        Oh very cool. It will be interesting to see who gives him a look. He plays well if just given the chance.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
          From what I heard I would doubt he paid his way out of his contract. That wouldn't make any sense. Also heard that Nate is hoping to finish out the season in the D-League.
          He should have never left the NBADL imo.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
            He should have never left the NBADL imo.
            I figured his nba career would be over leaving the D league. Totally agree he should have gone nbadl not overseas.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
              I figured his nba career would be over leaving the D league. Totally agree he should have gone nbadl not overseas.
              How does Nate feel about this? I suspect he could give good reason why he went overseas and specifically Turkey to play.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                How does Nate feel about this? I suspect he could give good reason why he went overseas and specifically Turkey to play.
                $$$ ? I'm guessing the D-League is similiar to the WNBA - players make many times their U.S. salary in the months they play overseas.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                  Money was probably a big part of it. DLeague players do not make a lot (highest contract is $25,000). Now the exposure of getting called up to the NBA is a big part of why guys pick the DLeague.

Comment

Money was probably a big part of it. DLeague players do not make a lot (highest contract is $25,000). Now the exposure of getting called up to the NBA is a big part of why guys pick the DLeague.
                    That's why I figured he would go nbadl. He made a little his first 2 years from the bucks. Helps offset the low payday of the nbadl. But the chance to get called up and make it back seem exponentially higher then being overseas.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

The NBA and MLB are very similar in how they treat people who are close to making the majors, they pay them peanuts. I watched a few Class AAA baseball games and some of those playing deserve much more than what they were probably paid.

Comment

https://travel.state.gov/content/pas...l-warning.html

This may have been a rather large reason Nate left Turkey.

Comment

I'm guessing just being close to the end of the year, and with situations facing Europe in general is more on why he left.

Why he went, its $$$$$, unlike MLB where if you are on the 40 man roster, or have mlb experience you make more, their isn't much of that in the Dleague, Both pay the minors very little though.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                            https://travel.state.gov/content/pas...l-warning.html

This may have been a rather large reason Nate left Turkey.
                            Where has Nate landed.

Comment

Once the draft is over tonight and teams finalize their rosters, it will be interesting to see if Nate lands a spot on a summer league team.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                                Once the draft is over tonight and teams finalize their rosters, it will be interesting to see if Nate lands a spot on a summer league team.
                                With the weak PG class, it's a possibility.

Comment

Working...
                                X