• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Naters gonna Nate - on the NBA stage

Nate Wolters update via Argus

http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...seas/31127695/

Comment

Anyone have an update on how Nate is doing overseas?

Comment

First game is October 14th.

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
          First game is October 14th.
          Seems like they may have started playing some exhibition type games? I follow Besiktas on twitter and from what I can gather after translation, Nate's been averaging around 15 with 5 assists after 3 games. I'm wondering if anyone out there has a better way of following him in Turkey? I have a feeling it will be a lot easier following him in EuropCup than it will in the Turkish National League.

FYI, the one photo I saw of him; he's gotten bigger. More muscle. I did find a Turkish National section on Eurobasket, interesting how they rank import players by minimum skills. Nate is one of only 4 players at 4 stars and above.

Comment

woodside.wolters61.jpg

Yep, this happened this morning. Besiktas beat Turk Telekom. Haven't seen the final stats but I did see on Facebook that Nate had 10 assists.

Comment

https://vimeo.com/143506203
              "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
              "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                I'll bet that's more fun than parts of his previous experiences.

Comment

Originally posted by RochJack69 View Post
                  I'll bet that's more fun than parts of his previous experiences.
                  I like the block on the Woodside drive towards the end of the clip. What I've been able to translate, seems as if Nate has had a bit of a rocky start getting used to the European game, till yesterday.

Comment

Granted, that was a Wolters highlight reel of that game, but man, that's the Nate Nating we remember from his SDSU days. He was doing virtually all of what we came to expect. Great assists, that pull up 8 fter, steals and easy lay ups.

Was Woodside on the opposing team? Any idea which # if was?

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                      Granted, that was a Wolters highlight reel of that game, but man, that's the Nate Nating we remember from his SDSU days. He was doing virtually all of what we came to expect. Great assists, that pull up 8 fter, steals and easy lay ups.

Was Woodside on the opposing team? Any idea which # if was?
                      Yes Woodside was on opposing team. check Nate's last block it was on Woodside (#10).

Comment

Oh, nice to see Woodside finally get some minutes in scrub time!
                        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Must be dangerous playing over there if they have to put up a glass shield to protect the bench from the fans!

Comment

Originally posted by westernjack View Post
                            Must be dangerous playing over there if they have to put up a glass shield to protect the bench from the fans!
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilOKBpMOdGQ

Looks like a fun environment. A bit like soccer over there, which; when playing rivals can get ugly. Probably why they have the glass shield at the Turk Telcom arena.

Woodside played 35 minutes

http://www.eurobasket.com/boxScores/...4_196_1035.asp

Team owners are pretty aggressive over in Europe

Yagizer Ulug is the new head coach of Besiktas SJ - Oct 26, 2015
                            POSTED BY:
                            FERSU YAHYABEYOGLU
                            E-mail Fersu | Follow on
                            After bad results at BSL and Eurocup, Besiktas parted ways with Finnish coach Henrik Dettmann . They have hired Galatasaray's assistant coach Yagizer Ulug as their new head coach. The contract is for 1,5 years. If the new contract will be signed on time he can be on the bench against PAOK in this week's Eurocup game.

Besiktas is 1-2 in Turkish League play, 1-1 in Eurocup games.
                            Last edited by jacksfan29; 10-26-2015, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Nate with 27 points, 8 assists and 6 rebounds today. Only took 9 shots, that's efficiency.

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
                                Nate with 27 points, 8 assists and 6 rebounds today. Only took 9 shots, that's efficiency.
                                Here is video: https://vimeo.com/143915367

Comment

Working...
                                X