Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Naters gonna Nate - on the NBA stage

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
    It doesn't help things, that is for sure, and since I'm sure he will be offered big money over-seas it very well could be.

But when I hear detrimental, I'm thinking life threatening, or someone who is 40 years old, tearin a knee up.
    I'd consider googling "detrimental definition" then.
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

If Nate can get a little more consistent with his mid-range and 3 point shots (it seemed like his shot has been improving since his stint in the D-League and SL), there is no reason why he can't be a backup PG on a NBA team. All he needs is a opportunity. Yes, the injury is a set back but its not the end of the world. His agent came out last season and said that they will not accept any offers overseas. I fully expect him to get a training camp invite and fight for a NBA roster spot this upcoming season. And if he does not make a NBA roster, the D-League route is the way to go if he wants to keep his NBA dream alive. If he wants to make money, he'll go overseas if he doesn't make a NBA team.

Comment

I think the injury definitely hurt his chances. When I look at his team after his injury I see a Diante Garrett put up numbers just as good as his and a DJ Newbill start lighting things up. Both guys who weren't getting many minutes when Nate was around that now had a chance to showcase. Or in the Spurs case, when he got injured a beat writer who commented "now they will have to look elsewhere for a backup point". Out of sight out of mind happens pretty quickly in the NBA.

I read a comment from Nate where he said he spent the first couple of years trying to not make mistakes and the Clippers just told him to go out and be aggressive. Playing aggressive is his best chance, apprehension will get him no where. I think the same holds true for his 3 point shot.

I preferably want to see him go to the D-league. Being third string point guard who doesn't suit most of the time wont help him. He needs to be in the D-league where hopefully he can stand out and get called up to a team with a need. That will help his aggressiveness and confidence the most.

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
          I think the injury definitely hurt his chances. When I look at his team after his injury I see a Diante Garrett put up numbers just as good as his and a DJ Newbill start lighting things up. Both guys who weren't getting many minutes when Nate was around that now had a chance to showcase. Or in the Spurs case, when he got injured a beat writer who commented "now they will have to look elsewhere for a backup point". Out of sight out of mind happens pretty quickly in the NBA.

I read a comment from Nate where he said he spent the first couple of years trying to not make mistakes and the Clippers just told him to go out and be aggressive. Playing aggressive is his best chance, apprehension will get him no where. I think the same holds true for his 3 point shot.

I preferably want to see him go to the D-league. Being third string point guard who doesn't suit most of the time wont help him. He needs to be in the D-league where hopefully he can stand out and get called up to a team with a need. That will help his aggressiveness and confidence the most.
          Agreed. An extended time playing in the D League could help him showcase his ability to dustribute and score, and help his confidence due to regular minutes.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
          The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Clippers just signed Pablo Prigioni, so I'd assume they aren't interested in Nate for now.
            "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

https://twitter.com/paxer89/status/624606165645701120

Headed to Istanbul. Good luck, Nate. Make some money!
              Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

He's in the same Turkish League that Ben Woodside plays in (Turk Telekom)

Nate's team, Besiktas, aslo plays in the EuroCup league tournament (2nd Tier as compared to the Euroleague - but still a high level of competition)

Comment

The NBADL would have been his best route back to the NBA, but it seems like Wolters really didn't want to take that route as he was slow to sign with the NBADL last year after his time with the Pelicans and has now opted to go to Turkey. The money is much better in Turkey so definitely a better short term decision and probably is the correct decision, but I now doubt he will make it back to the NBA.
                  USD Fan

Comment

Besiktas is the same team that Colton Iverson played on his first year in Turkey. I will tell you it is much more difficult to follow players in that league than in many others. Good luck to Nate.

Comment

I wonder what his contract looks like, many of them have a January opt out, (when 10 day contracts start). Some of the players will come back to the Dleague, and try to get a 10 day contract or two,. But at the same time, the money can be much greater if you don't have an opt out.

From the rumors I hear on the NBA front, the new collective bargaining agreement wants to really strengthen the Dleague, allowing for higher salaries and more teams to try to keep players away from Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                        I wonder what his contract looks like, many of them have a January opt out, (when 10 day contracts start). Some of the players will come back to the Dleague, and try to get a 10 day contract or two,. But at the same time, the money can be much greater if you don't have an opt out.

From the rumors I hear on the NBA front, the new collective bargaining agreement wants to really strengthen the Dleague, allowing for higher salaries and more teams to try to keep players away from Europe.
                        A lot better than if he stayed and played in the D League. In just a bit of research, at Besikas level and with his background he is likely between $750,000 and $1,000,000 on a one year salary. Considering he would make a max of somewhere in the area of $30K in the D League, this was a no brainer. His best shot at making it back to the NBA may be through Europe. It isn't the purgatory it once was.

Plus the D League fan support, style of play, etc. is kind of a joke.

Catch a You Tube clip of some Besikas games, what an insane atmosphere. For a guy who is all about basketball, all the time. The next best thing to being a regular in the NBA is playing at one of the higher leagues in Europe. Good Luck to Nate.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
                          A lot better than if he stayed and played in the D League. In just a bit of research, at Besikas level and with his background he is likely between $750,000 and $1,000,000 on a one year salary. Considering he would make a max of somewhere in the area of $30K in the D League, this was a no brainer. His best shot at making it back to the NBA may be through Europe. It isn't the purgatory it once was.

Plus the D League fan support, style of play, etc. is kind of a joke.

Catch a You Tube clip of some Besikas games, what an insane atmosphere. For a guy who is all about basketball, all the time. The next best thing to being a regular in the NBA is playing at one of the higher leagues in Europe. Good Luck to Nate.
                          I have never followed the D-League except on tv very occasionally. Must be similar to the CBA with the continually changing rosters. Had to be a challenge for coaches as well as fans.
                          That's why some NBA quality players stay in Europe, it's a good living and you don't have to leave home. Many WNBA players say that WNBA is for the glory and Europe is for the money.

Comment

Originally posted by RochJack69 View Post
                            I have never followed the D-League except on tv very occasionally. Must be similar to the CBA with the continually changing rosters. Had to be a challenge for coaches as well as fans.
                            That's why some NBA quality players stay in Europe, it's a good living and you don't have to leave home. Many WNBA players say that WNBA is for the glory and Europe is for the money.

The $$$ are in Europe (by a big margin), but if the end goal is the NBA, the NBADL is the best route. Per the following article, 38% of those on the end of season NBA rosters for the 2014-15 season were NBADL alumni. http://dleague.nba.com/news/nba-deve...014-15-season/
                            USD Fan

Comment

http://www.sctimes.com/story/sports/...rkey/30796607/

Nice article from St. Cloud about why Nate chose Turkey.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
                                http://www.sctimes.com/story/sports/...rkey/30796607/

Nice article from St. Cloud about why Nate chose Turkey.
                                Thanks for posting this.

Comment

Working...
                                X