Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Naters gonna Nate - on the NBA stage

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
    It looks like Nate will be playing for the Spurs for the Las Vegas Summer League. (coached by South Dakotan Becky Hammon)

Looks like he will be surrounded by more talent too. The players he played with today looked awful. He probably would have had 4-5 assists if anyone on the team could shoot.

http://www.nba.com/spurs/spurs-annou...utah-las-vegas
    Cory Joseph , one of San Antonio's back up point guards,announced yesterday that he is leaving to sign with Toronto. That,combined with Tony Parker and Paddy Mills both being injury prone should open up a PG spot with the Spurs.

Comment

Nate's playing again today. After one quarter he has 10 points ( 2 threes), 2 steals, 2 bds, and 2 blocks.

Comment

Here is last night's box score with highlights.

Nate finished with 12 pts, 5 assists, 3 blocks, 2 steals, a rebound and just 1 turnover in 32 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
          Here is last night's box score with highlights.

Nate finished with 12 pts, 5 assists, 3 blocks, 2 steals, a rebound and just 1 turnover in 32 minutes.
          Getting 5 assists with that group is a minor miracle. Nate's team plays again today at 4.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
            Getting 5 assists with that group is a minor miracle. Nate's team plays again today at 4.
            There are more black holes on that team than in the entire Bermuda Triangle !

Comment

Come on Nate. This guy should be on a roster in the league this season.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
              The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Bad news for Nate. Looks like he fractured his middle finger on his non shooting hand and is out for the remainder of summer league.

http://www.fantasyalarm.com/playerup...te-wolters-pg/

Comment

Originally posted by coyotecrazie5 View Post
                  Bad news for Nate. Looks like he fractured his middle finger on his non shooting hand and is out for the remainder of summer league.

http://www.fantasyalarm.com/playerup...te-wolters-pg/
                  Not good. Not good at all. In all honesty (if this injury holds true), this could be the end of the road in the NBA for Nate.
                  "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                    Not good. Not good at all. In all honesty (if this injury holds true), this could be the end of the road in the NBA for Nate.
                    It's what,almost 3 months till training camp ? Should be healed by then,plus it's his off hand. In watching his first three games,the announcers have been heaping praise on his game. And as of now,the Clippers only have one point guard signed and on the roster. It would have been great to play in Vegas with the Spurs and get more exposure but I would be surprised if the Clippers don't bring him in for pre-season.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                      It's what,almost 3 months till training camp ? Should be healed by then,plus it's his off hand. In watching his first three games,the announcers have been heaping praise on his game. And as of now,the Clippers only have one point guard signed and on the roster. It would have been great to play in Vegas with the Spurs and get more exposure but I would be surprised if the Clippers don't bring him in for pre-season.
                      I hope you're right. But...this is a guy fighting for his NBA life (so to speak). To call this anything other than a major setback is foolish IMO.
                      "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Are you serious? Is he 38 years old? He played well and all the teams were watching. He will have a chance to play in the league and if he doesn't, it will not be a result of this injury.

Comment

Originally posted by mr76 View Post
                          Are you serious? Is he 38 years old?
                          No he isn't. He's a former 2nd round draft pick that was unemployed (NBA wise) at the end of last year and was basically auditioning for a training camp invite this year. Anyone that thinks this isn't detrimental to his NBA future has a new pair of yellow and blue glasses on.
                          Last edited by jacks1; 07-08-2015, 11:08 PM.

Comment

No he isn't. He's a former 2nd round draft pick that was unemployed (NBA wise) at the end of last year and was basically auditioning for a training camp invite this year. Anyone that thinks this isn't detrimental to his NBA future has a new pair of yellow and blue glasses on.
                            True. I can hope that he did enough to get a training camp spot somewhere, but there are so many players vying for these roster spots that it seems the chances are slim at this point.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
                            The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

It doesn't help things, that is for sure, and since I'm sure he will be offered big money over-seas it very well could be.

But when I hear detrimental, I'm thinking life threatening, or someone who is 40 years old, tearin a knee up.

Comment

For what it is worth, I checked Nate's stats(3 games)for the Orlando Summer League(158 players): Points--tied for 10th, APG--tied for 8th, SPG--tied for 5th, BPG--tied for 6th and FG%--13th on players w/ 10 points or more per game. Plus RPG at 2.3(I don't know where he stands w/ this stat concerning the guards). So basically, he is in the top 3-8% of the 158 players. I'm guessing Nate at some point will be a steady player in the NBA--just has to get and stay healthy.

Comment

Working...
                                X