Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Naters gonna Nate - on the NBA stage

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    Kidd didn't prove much in his 1 year of coaching. Struggled to barely make the playoffs in the weak East with a Brooklyn roster with way more talent than the Bucks. Threw an assistant under the bus at mid-season when things weren't going well , and tried to do the same to everyone above him in the organization last week which didn't work out too well for him. If Brooklyn hires Lionel Hollins to replace him , they will be much better off. The new Bucks owner may be even more clueless than the prior regime.
    The Nets were one the best teams at the end of the season. I think they had the best record past the all-star break and they gave the Heat a good series in the 2nd round of the playoffs. Yes, Kidd made some mistakes like "accidentally" spilling some water on the floor to get a timeout, but anything is an upgrade when Larry Drew is the coach.

Comment

I was under the impression that Larry Drew was a fan of Nate, so I am not sure this is a good thing for Wolters. I guess we will find out soon enough.
      LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
        I was under the impression that Larry Drew was a fan of Nate, so I am not sure this is a good thing for Wolters. I guess we will find out soon enough.
        That is a question mark but Kidds knowledge of being a PG might be someone Nate can learn from too.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post

He might of been a fan of Nates, which means his standing with the team was good. But I thought his style wasn't good for Nate, and I've never been a fan of his coaching ability/style period. Where Kidd we really don't know, he could say, I don't want Wolters on my team, I want my guy, etc. and Nates gone. At the same time he could say there is something there and I can develop him into a solid contributer

Comment

Bucks are looking to sign Eric Bledsoe or Greivis Vasquez per some NBA insiders. Also there is a rumor going around that the Bucks are looking to trade for Jeremy Lin.

Comment

Bucks released their summer league roster.

http://www.bucksketball.com/2014/07/...ter-announced/

Comment

Their summer league team could be fun to watch. With a core of Jabari Parker, Giannis Antetokounmpo, and Nate you have two extremely talented/long athletes paired up with a playmaker.

I find it interesting that the Bucks have signed two former Badgers to be part of the guard mix in Vegas. Jordan Taylor was a former All-American for the Badgers who owns the NCAA D1 career record for assist/turnover ratio. Ben Brust was a 3 point shooter. Even with their ties to Wisconsin, it sounds like this is Nate's team to direct in Vegas.

"Having Jabari Parker on your team is intriguing enough, but adding Giannis Antetokounmpo, Nate Wolters, and two local collegiate players should have fans all across Wisconsin tuning in to watch some exhibition basketball. When was the last time that happened?" Quoted Eric Bruening in Jake Kocorowski interview for SB Nation. He also added, "Well, you'd have to figure that Nate Wolters will get as many minutes as needed, given that he's on the Bucks roster and his development is of a higher priority than that of any other guard on the roster. That leaves four guards for the remaining starting guard spot. My guess is Gilbert Brown--who's listed at 6'6"--will get that other starting spot."

It appears that Nate is solidly entrenched on the Bucks roster unless a free agent signing or trade bumps him from the spot.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                  Bucks are looking to sign Eric Bledsoe or Greivis Vasquez per some NBA insiders. Also there is a rumor going around that the Bucks are looking to trade for Jeremy Lin.
                  GV signs with Raptors.
                  Originally posted by JackFan96
                  Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Nate twisted his ankle during practice and is listed as doubtful for Fridays summer league opener against the 76ers. He is hopeful that he will play. Jordan Taylor is the is the only other point guard on the roster.

http://dairylandexpress.com/2014/07/...summer-opener/

Comment

Any word if Nate is going to play in the summer league game tonight after twisting his ankle in practice? I sure hope so...it is on NBATV!!

Comment

Originally posted by kdybdahl View Post
                        Any word if Nate is going to play in the summer league game tonight after twisting his ankle in practice? I sure hope so...it is on NBATV!!
                        I believe I read that Nate is most likely not playing tonight.

Comment

He was testing the ankle this am in pre-game warm-ups. We'll see if plays vs Cavs.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                            I believe I read that Nate is most likely not playing tonight.
                            He was trying it out this morning in practice. https://vine.co/v/MxmZ2bXKO1b

He will try to give it a go tonight. http://t.co/aaNNqjCGP5
                            Last edited by UWMandSDSU; 07-11-2014, 02:49 PM. Reason: Added updated video

Comment

He played...scored 7 points, missed a 3 at the buzzer to win the game as the Bucks were behind by 2. Haven't checked to see how many minutes he played and/or seen anything that would indicate how hobbled he was.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                                He played...scored 7 points, missed a 3 at the buzzer to win the game as the Bucks were behind by 2. Haven't checked to see how many minutes he played and/or seen anything that would indicate how hobbled he was.
                                I watched the game. He seemed fine. Played 25 out of the 40 minutes. Nate intentionally missed a free throw with seconds left and got his own rebound and missed the game winning 3.

Comment

Working...
                                X