Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Naters gonna Nate - on the NBA stage

Originally posted by goon View Post
    Yeah, Lets face it they have drafted rather well, but when you get the number one seed most years its things are in your favor. I would think it would help gettin Wiggins would entice Irving to stay. Lets face it there are probably only a few places that could afford or be attractive to Lebron, New York, but they have a lot of cap space issues, thats my first guess, but depends on what Anthony does, Lakers could probably make a move for him, but Cleveland could very well be set to draw him back home. It was a little rocky as he left but I would bet he would consider it and Cleveland would be dumb to not try to bring him back. I know some will laugh at that idea, but it makes a good story line, and it would make sense for both sides, So he could have one of the best PGs in the league and a potential superstar on in Wiggins to work with, thats pretty attractive package, unless the Knicks can figure out a way to keep Anthony and clear space and money for Lebron, thats probably tough to pass up.
    There's a reason stars love playing with veterans and not players under 25....

Also, I could see Bosh leaving and Wade signing a longer deal but less money per year as well as LeBron opting out and signing a new contract. If that happens, only Wade, LeBron and Norris Cole would on the books for next year.

What kind of competence has Cleveland shown at all in the four years since LeBron left? He left Cleveland for a reason. He also has never claimed Cleveland as his home or even acknowledged it as such. Akron is and always will be his home not Cleveland. The Cavs also were not his favorite team growing up. Maybe he could in a couple years when Cavs prove their competence and that they have potential to win a title.
    "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

The Cavs will take Embiid. LeBron is also not going back to Cleveland.

You're welcome.
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
        The Cavs will take Embiid. LeBron is also not going back to Cleveland.

You're welcome.
        Ugh. I can't stand the thought of having to watch Embiid play in Cleveland. I'd love to watch some pick and roll offense with Nate and Embiid in Milwaukee. Perhaps watching Nate and Wiggins running out in transition won't be so bad, though. Definitely getting League Pass next year.
        "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
        "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
          Ugh. I can't stand the thought of having to watch Embiid play in Cleveland. I'd love to watch some pick and roll offense with Nate and Embiid in Milwaukee. Perhaps watching Nate and Wiggins running out in transition won't be so bad, though. Definitely getting League Pass next year.
          Not on the Larry Sanders bandwagon? I can't believe how bad of a year he had last year. He was poised for a breakout year, and it all fell apart really quickly.

Comment

Not on the Larry Sanders bandwagon? I can't believe how bad of a year he had last year. He was poised for a breakout year, and it all fell apart really quickly.
            Not at all. Dude is going to get paid a lot of money for the next 4 years now and showed absolutely nothing this year to warrant that paycheck.

Not as bad as OJ Mayo and his $8M per year contract though. Yeesh.
            "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
            "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

His bar fight was one of the funniest videos I have ever seen.

Comment

All Rookie 1st Team:

MCW
                Oladipo
                Burke
                Pumlee
                Hardaway Jr

All Rookie 2nd Team:

Olynyk
                Greek Freak
                Dieng
                Zeller
                Adams

Based upon stats Nate deserved to be on the 2nd team. I don't know how Giannas made the team and Wolters had the better year. Popularity? He did receive 20 votes for the 2nd team.
                http://www.nba.com/media/052214-2013...Team-Votes.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                  All Rookie 1st Team:

MCW
                  Oladipo
                  Burke
                  Pumlee
                  Hardaway Jr

All Rookie 2nd Team:

Olynyk
                  Greek Freak
                  Dieng
                  Zeller
                  Adams

Based upon stats Nate deserved to be on the 2nd team. I don't know how Giannas made the team and Wolters had the better year. Popularity? He did receive 20 votes for the 2nd team.
                  http://www.nba.com/media/052214-2013...Team-Votes.pdf
                  Missing the last month + of the season didn't help Nate - as they say "out of sight,out of mind."

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                    Missing the last month + of the season didn't help Nate - as they say "out of sight,out of mind."
                    I thought that too, if he played the full year he probably makes 2nd team imho.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Bill Simmons on Embiid. Gonna be Wiggins or Parker (or a possible darkhorse) for the Bucks.

Q: Wait … what? You watched Joel Embiid work out last week?

A: Yes — at a secret location in Santa Monica. He wasn’t playing against anyone, just going through a two-hour workout with Will Perdue. Here’s what I can tell you: He moves around as effortlessly as a 7-foot Serge Ibaka; he’s such an athletic freak that he’s one of those “still going up as he’s finishing the dunk” guys; his freakish wingspan might make Jay Bilas pass out; he has been playing basketball for only four years (which seems impossible); he gave up a world-class volleyball career; he has 3-point range; he can shoot jump-hooks with both hands already; he couldn’t have seemed more coachable/agreeable/likable; he’s a hard worker with a goofy sense of humor; his voice is just a touch Mutombo-y (deep with a heavy African accent); and his friends call him “Jo-Jo.” And again — his back seemed totally fine.

News flash: As I said on TV before the lottery, Embiid was always going first. None of these teams was passing on him. Repeat: none of them. The amount of smokescreening going on in April and May was high comedy. We keep hearing his back is really screwed up, this could be another Oden situation … Just stop it. This was like sitting at a fantasy football auction next to someone who kept claiming that he wasn’t going to pay big money for a QB … and then, two hours later, he’s bidding $49 for Aaron Rodgers. The truth is, Wiggins and Parker never separated themselves enough this season to warrant anyone saying, “We’re passing on a potential franchise center with a good chance of becoming the 7-foot Serge Ibaka.”

Comment

Bill Simmons on Embiid. Gonna be Wiggins or Parker (or a possible darkhorse) for the Bucks.
                        Article about Embiids back. Included is video of him working out. Ya, his back looks fine. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...cting-stories?

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                          Article about Embiids back. Included is video of him working out. Ya, his back looks fine. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...cting-stories?
                          Looks like a 9 foot hoop.

Comment

Looks like a 9 foot hoop.
                            Still boggles my mind that he has played basketball for only 4 years and his footwork is like that. Heard he has a decent jumper too

Comment

Nate Wolters working out at Cousins Center today in Milwaukee and told the Bucks beat writer that he is full go, healed from broken left hand he suffered in late March. Giannas and Kris Middleton were also working out with Nate.

Comment

Nice read about Nate's off-season and expectations for next season.

http://msn.foxsports.com/wisconsin/s...=1401915472969

Comment

Working...
                                X