Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Naters gonna Nate - on the NBA stage

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
    What worries me the most is that he's looked really poor on the defensive end of the ball. Some could be scheme and teammates, but it hasn't been pretty thus far.
    I would have to agree, he got torched pretty badly the other night against Pierre Jackson and Austin Rivers. I get that Pierre is extremely quick but it was brutal. They yanked Nate shortly after, I almost was under the impression that they were taking him out before he lost his confidence. In my opinion he looked clearly rattled out there defensively.

Comment

Video of game 2 from Kelo

http://www.keloland.com/newsdetail.cfm/wolters-sees-action-in-game-two/?id=150670

Comment

And interview

http://www.keloland.com/newsdetail.c...ers/?id=150712

Comment

Did Wolters guard Pierre Jackson last year, or did Carlson guard him?

For a guy like Wolters, whose defense has to be based on basketball IQ, scouting and film are important. I wonder to what extent they're getting that in Summer League.

Comment

The Bucks assistant coach did say after game 1 that he was impressed with Nate's off-ball defense. Serious question: Are there a lot of 6'5" guards who can stop Pierre Jackson?
            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
              The Bucks assistant coach did say after game 1 that he was impressed with Nate's off-ball defense. Serious question: Are there a lot of 6'5" guards who can stop Pierre Jackson?
              No there are not and without a doubt a very good question. The Bucks have not asked him to go home yet, so I am not worried. Nate is progressing. I believe the Bucks coach. His word has to be worth something.

Comment

Luke Ridnour , who just got traded to the Bucks and is similiar to Nate in size and game isn't exactly a defensive stalwart and has had a long NBA career.

Comment

Nates on ball defense wasn't bad. It was when they sent Pierre Jackson around 2-3 screens is when he got space. As far as Austin Rivers, he has an elite first step.
                  "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                    Nates on ball defense wasn't bad. It was when they sent Pierre Jackson around 2-3 screens is when he got space. As far as Austin Rivers, he has an elite first step.
                    So more of a team defense problem than a problem with Nate's D?

Comment

Tweet from Eric Buenning ‏(writes on the Bucks for SB Nation).

@ericbuenning 14 Jul
                      Nate Wolters isn't putting up the numbers yet, but his poise and defense are impressive so far in SL.

Comment

Bucks playing the Warriors tonight. A couple interesting notes about this game. The Warriors have 2 former summit leaguers on their roster, Alex Young, IUPUI and Warren Niles, ORU. Another player that is on Warriors roster is Ian Clark from Belmont. Remember him in that blowout loss last season?

Comment

Nate started, decent numbers 10 pts, 3 rebs, 2 assists and 2 steals. Not sure about TO's.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                            Nate started, decent numbers 10 pts, 3 rebs, 2 assists and 2 steals. Not sure about TO's.
                            He had 2 TOs. Team as a whole had 21 with 8 coming from John Henson
                            "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                              He had 2 TOs. Team as a whole had 21 with 8 coming from John Henson
                              what was his shooting %? thats a decent stat line. hopefully things really progress for him as the summer continues, learn how to run the bucks offense and work on his defense. I am excited to be able to follow his career. skys the limit for him.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                                what was his shooting %? thats a decent stat line. hopefully things really progress for him as the summer continues, learn how to run the bucks offense and work on his defense. I am excited to be able to follow his career. skys the limit for him.
                                He was 2-7, but made it to the line for 7FTAs, leading to 10pts on 7 shot attempts, which is good production.

Comment

Working...
                                X